Positives of Smoking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
Yeah, I usually just let people slowly suicide into their ignorance, it's easier than meddling with them.I do this with other matters/stuff, though, so it's normal.

But it's disgusting, the smell =/

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
My personal perception and mental image of people posting on a pokemon message board makes them giving health tips something that, to me, quite ressembles hypocrisy.

My personal perception and mental image of people posting on a pokemon message board makes them giving health tips something that, to me, quite ressembles hypocrisy.
ouch, but that gave me some serious giggles.

I was hoping that this wouldn't have turned into what it has but this was entertaining nonetheless.

Yeah, I have however developed rather a husky voice as a result.. and since I'm often given money for free these days it's not too inaffordable. 30 a day seems normal now.. People look at me and go 'my god, you smoke a hell of a lot' and it's like, do I really? I've no idea.

Still relish every cigarette though [though admittedly, not as much as the halcyon days in which I'd have 10 a week.]

i dont understand how anyone can justify it honestly

'as a health' benefit is fucking retarded as there are a near-infinite number of stress-reducing alternatives that don't, you know, destroy you. excercise, meditation, writing, reading, painting, sculpting, anything.

that said, i for one dont feel smokers need to justify it when you consider how no justification is required for far stupider shit people do to themselves and each other

The hell. Are you guys in junior high or high school or something? I cannot think the last time I thought someone who smoked "looked cool". I just usually cover up my mouth and get inside the building asap. People are usually smoking just outside the entrance to my campus (which is in a mall).
Didn't smoking become illegal in public places in BC?

Anyways, I would never smoke or do drugs or anything. I actually care about myself

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Take mood stabilizers/anti-depressants like a sane person then.
did anyone else lol at this

also i smoke every now and then, its a great social tool and '(BAN ME PLEASE) breaks' are the greatest invention the working forces have ever know

the greatest invention the working forces have ever know
Except for what it costs the workforce in shorter life-spans, higher taxes (either on their cigarettes or for their healthcare), and serious smoking-related diseases, right?

I'm less inclined to be pro-smoking at all these days, although I would freely give people the choice. It's a stupid choice that really catches up with you. My great-uncle quit well over 25 years ago, and he spent the last couple of years (prior to his recent death) with both his legs amputated above the knee due to smoking's effect on his circulation. Gross and sad.

Super

This space for rent
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You *have* to pay taxes. You *don't* have to smoke.

I think that's a difference that more than encompasses "pedantic"
Whether or not the Cigarretes are voluntary, they are still paying a tax. You can still muse that Cigars are a tax on the poor. This is what McGraw was talking. It doesn't matter how literal it is, because no matter what the true definition of taxing is the government likes to call it such. McGraw was only joking, that's what he meant by pedantic. Of course, he was talking about sales tax, but do cigarretes have a tax? I'd assume they do.

I also read/heard somewhere that each cig lowers your life by 15 minutes. Pretty silly! Ha. Considering the longest living people in the world smoked. Huh, go figure.
It's just an expected value derived through statistics. Taking a puff doesn't literally take away 15 minutes, it could take away almost nothing or kill you right there. It's just an average over many many people. Also, I heard it was 7 minutes.

You might know, but just in case. Me no likey smoking, my parents love to do it all the time. Also, I cough a bit when I am near their smoking, but maybe that's because my lungs are crap and I wheeze after running a block. Go figure.

Benefits, personally, like as was stated, it kills stupid people. Oh, and it helps the economy.

There is nothing that positive about smoking. If you use it, you may get the small quirks, such as help with weight loss, a possible boost in public appearance, and getting smoke breaks while on the clock. But all that is not worth the risks and dangers from smoking!

Believe me, when you're paid $8 an hour to wipe shit out of old people's arsecracks and empty colostomy bags and the like, and you're working a 12 hour shift - every 5 minute (BAN ME PLEASE) break you can get whilst 'taking the bins out' is absolute heaven..

I've had crushes on people that smoked...
People that smoke are hot.
Also, it helps you lose weight!
You could smoke while pregnant so you do not worry about stretch marks later.
I'll ignore the whole "smokers are hot" thing as that's your opinion, as stupid as I may think it is but to even suggest that pregnant women should smoke just to possibly avoid stretch marks isn't funny and must be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. You basically condone the poisoning of unborn babies for superficial reasons. Nice to know

http://www.healthguidance.org/entry/4197/1/The-Dangers-of-Smoking-Cigarettes-While-Pregnant.html

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
cigars are pretty fucking delicious that's a positive.

and smoking definitely looks cool to a large majority of people. i know it makes me look cooler! (if even possible)

I always liked the look of smokers, before I started.
I blame my mother. I once asked her if she smoked when pregnant with me; "only when I was pissed up down the pub".

This thread has turned into a pretty interesting commentary on people's views about trivialities in the world.

I wonder how intense people get about poverty...

The hell. Are you guys in junior high or high school or something? I cannot think the last time I thought someone who smoked "looked cool". I just usually cover up my mouth and get inside the building asap. People are usually smoking just outside the entrance to my campus (which is in a mall).
I agree with this post 100%. Also, who finds Hairy Tongues attractive? The only benefit of smoking is that it kills you earlier in case you want a legal slower death suicide. Other than that, smoking isn't the way to go.

Positives of smoking? You have got to be kidding me. I see people that smoke and I think "Idiot, why would you want to do that to yourself?" If you smoke, you're basically starting the ultimate bad habit. If it doesn't kill you quickly, it'll kill you slowly, which is worse, and bankrupt you in the process.

Smoking gives you bad breath, bad teeth, messes with your lungs, makes your clothes smell, turns your fingers brown and uses up all your money. You're right, I can't think of anything cooler.[/sarcasm]

my breath is fine [this is what teeth cleaning and chewing gum is for!], my teeth are pearly white, I'm not going to be running any marathons (but then I never was).. and I'd rather spend my money on ciggies than, say, food.
and, to be fair, we're all going to die of something. I've spend various years of my life working in nursing homes and I'd much rather die of cancer than end up a non-concious blob dosed up to the tits on antipsychotics and having to be fed, bathed, and my ass wiped by some 16 year old care assistant because I'm not even aware I've shit myself, in all honesty.
hmm!

This thread should be changed to why smoking automatically makes you synonymous with Lucifer.

So much of this talk is overly against smoking that I'd believe we were discussing child rapists.

Some of you need to really look at what is causing some of that serious aggression toward smokers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)