Yugioh! TCG Thread

this is just a rough draft and hasn't been tested. Suggestions are welcomed.

18 Monsters
3x Zombie Master
3x Mezuki
3x Goblin Zombie
3x Pyramid Turtle
3x Necro Guardna
2x Il Blud
1x Spirit Reaper

18 Spells
3x Card of Safe Return
2x Allure of Darkness
2x Book of Life
2x Burial From a Different Dimension
2x Creature Swap
2x Enemy Controller
1x Brain Control
1x Heavy Storm
1x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Premature Burial
1x Monster Reborn

6 Traps
3x Phoenix Wing Wind Blast
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Crush Card Virus
1x Mind Crush

Hey,
Well corruntely i'm building a new deck.It's going to be made with Gemini cards so pretty much it is a Gemini Deck so far.
Anyway,i plan to go to the next regionals here in Australia i will have to check the dates and places first though.

this is just a rough draft and hasn't been tested. Suggestions are welcomed.

18 Monsters
3x Zombie Master
3x Mezuki
3x Goblin Zombie
3x Pyramid Turtle
3x Necro Guardna
2x Il Blud
1x Spirit Reaper

18 Spells
3x Card of Safe Return
2x Allure of Darkness
2x Book of Life
2x Burial From a Different Dimension
2x Creature Swap
2x Enemy Controller
1x Brain Control
1x Heavy Storm
1x Premature Burial
1x Monster Reborn

6 Traps
3x Phoenix Wing Wind Blast
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Crush Card Virus
1x Mind Crush
Why Premature Burial over a third Book of Life? I'm surprised you're running only two Book of Lifes. Is it because there has to be a monster in your opponent's grave?

Also, with Mezuki, Allure, and Necro Guardna working here you could try to fit in Burial from a Different Dimension. And hell it could help Book of Lifes possibly.

I notice that you don't have any big monsters. Ryu Kokki, Vampire Lord, why? They aren't needed...?

there are already two Burial from a DD in there ;]

this is an older build of mine.. not quite done with it yet.. so you'll see it gradually change. 3rd BoL will be taken out for a Foolish Burial.. because Foolish in this deck=BoL when sending Mezuki.

Oh wow. Completely... missed that.

I thought about Foolish Burial but the power of sending Mezuki didn't quite click.

How do Zombie decks work the first turn? It seems like they're a second turn deck because of Pyramid Turtle and Goblin Zombie searching. Also with Book of Lifes somewhat hindrance of your opponent needing a monster makes it tough first turn. Kinda seems like Zombie decks may have trouble getting started. But after they get going it's done.

Warthog, run 3 Ryko in there. You can mill Gardna and better yet Mezuki. Randomly milling Mezuki can result in +2s and +3s. Also run Snipe Hunter. You currently autolose to Heraklinos and have some problems with Oppression, which would be fixed if Rykos and Snipe were added.

I absolutely despise heraklinos.

This format, he's so easy to get you practically don't have to think about it at all. You can do it on turn two. With the bestiari fusion, the combo is pretty much a "I kill two cards, punch you in the face, then stop you from playing any more spells or traps. Oh yeah, without losing advantage in the process" I see very few cards in the coming sets which even compare to anything in these last sets.

The only cards I care about in the next two sets are the following.
-Deformers. Not very powerful YET, but they're transformers and totally fucking awesome. So cool.
-Plants. About time. They're going to be a powerful-as-hell casual deck, but a poor competitive deck unless some serious changes occur next ban list.
- Oystermeister and Fishure Charge. Both incredibly nice fish support. Oystermeister, when sent to the graveyard from the field, except by battle, summons a 0/0 fish token. Fishure Charge is a normal trap with tributes a fish monster to destroy a card on the field and draw a card.

Consider the possibilities with a Superancient Deepseaking Coelcanth deck.

Superancient hits the field as a 2800 to 3000 (with legendary ocean) and you drop 1 card from the hand to fill your field with 4 or lower fish monsters. Superancient's effect negates the effects of these fish monsters, HOWEVER it doesn't stop them in the graveyard. You can use any of the summoned fish monsters for tributes with spiritual water art or fishure charge to negate losing advantage, even go positive with fishure charge. Not to mention, my previous grief with the seaking combo was that a single saved lightning vortex sends the control stumbling down. Oystermeister doesn't worry about that, giving you back-up monsters in case it does hit you, allowing you to keep playing after eating a vortex. Fishure charge can help any destruction backfire on the user, giving the whoever plays the charge once targetted instant advantage. It's really beautiful. It's like konami knew exactly what the fish deck needed.

Hey I started to play yu-gi-oh again and I made myself a deck. I'm not used to all the new cards and the new banlist but I'll give it a try.

I tried to make a stall deck based around Raging Flame Sprite. I stall the opponent with Gravity Bind and LLAB and then attack directly with RFS. I protect Gravity Bind and LLAB with cards like Curse of Royal. I also stall my opponent with summoning Marshmallon and equip Raregold Armor to him.

Monsters (20)
2x Lava Golem
1x A Cat of Ill Omen
3x Nimble Momonga
3x Solar Flare Dragon
2x Ufo Turtle
3x Raging Flame Sprite
1x Sangan
1x Neo-Spacian Grand Mole
1x Marshmallon
1x Spirit Reaper
1x Spell Striker
1x Des Lacooda

Spell Cards (14)
1x Level Limit - Area B
1x Swords of Revealing Light
1x The Dark Door
3x Nightmare's Steelcage
1x Mist Body
1x Scapegoat
2x Raregold Armor
1x My Body as a Shield
1x Monster Reborn
1x United We Stand

Trap Cards (6)
1x Gravity Bind
2x Curse of Royal
2x Divine Wrath
1x Dust Tornado

some side deck cards: 2x Axe of Despair, 1x Dream Clown, 3x Pulling the Rug, 2x Mask of Restrict, 1x Nightmare Wheel, 2x Wave Motion Cannon, 1x Mist Body, 1x Mask of Darkness, 1x Pot of Averice

Suggestions are needed!
Which cards do I have to remove/add etc.

Here are a few, new minor changes to the TCG that will effect August 11th.

- Decks will now be from 40 to 60 cards.
- The Fusion Deck is now known as the Extra Deck (obviously).
- Multi-Trigger Effects are now Quick Effects.

Rojo, I can't really go indepth right now but here's some cards I think you should take out.

Curse of Royal - There are much better cards that negate destruction, because curse of royal only really stops mystical space typhoon and dust tornado, which are usually seen in low quantities in decks.

Dark Door - The biggest casual deck's mistake. This card never ever saves you, even in stall decks. Try to stock up on messenger of peace.

Mist Body / Raregold Armor: Don't, really don't. Most decks run good monster destruction, and whatever has those cards equipped is a sitting duck, asking to be killed, and most players won't hesitate to plow through them. Not to mention raregold becomes dead weight in your hand too often.

It's not a terrible deck but I think there are some changes that need to be made. When you play yugioh for a while, you start to see a deck's weaknesses and strengths. Don't lose sight of your win condition.

Thnx for the tips Thunderpup, they sure helped me :)
I'm trying to keep this stall deck theme.

What cards do you suggest to replace Curse of Royal with? I have them in my deck to save Gravity Bind and LLAB from getting destroyed. Perhaps Dark Bribes or something?

Hmm you suggest Messenger of Peace but I'll want RFS to attack my opponents life points. Any other card you suggest to replace The Dark Door with? Personally I liked to have Mask of Restrict in this deck but I couldn't find place for it.

I didn't realize that Raregold Armor and Mist Body were so terrible in my deck but I agree that there are better cards. Shall I replace them with some Axe of Despairs?

Monsters (20)
2x Lava Golem
3x Volcanic Rocket
3x Volcanic Shell
2x Solar Flare Dragon
2x UFO Turtle / Royal Firestorm Guards
3x Raging Flame Sprite
1x Sangan
1x Marshmallon
1x Spirit Reaper

Spell Cards (9)
1x Level Limit - Area B
1x Swords of Revealing Light
1x Blaze Accelerator
2x Messenger of Peace
1x Monster Reborn
1x Premature Burial

Trap Cards (11)
1x Gravity Bind
3x Solemn Judgement
2x Dark Bribe
3x Limit Reverse
2x Divine Wrath

Here's a goal you should aim for, this I just threw together for whatever reason. It's a variant, I'm not sure if you're digging the whole volcanic thing, but it can work very well.

Usually, your first turn play will be Volcanic Rocket to draw out your single copy of Blaze Accelerator from your deck. By doing this, you can dump raging flame sprite and volcanic shell into the graveyard to destroy monsters. That gives you some freedom with monster control, and it can draw fire away from your sneakier cards. Volcanic Rockets keep bringing blaze accelerator back from everywhere, and shell keeps your hand full of cards.

Once in the graveyard, you can use the full playset of limit reverse to keep bringing back flame sprites from the graveyard to continually barrage your opponent over and over. Solemns and Bribes can stop particularly powerful effects from ever happening, like mirror force and heavy storm, letting you set up over and over. Divine Wrath hurts many of the decks out right now, and it's always a solid choice in a deck.

This deck has amazing creature control, and pretty decent locking potential. In this version of the deck, flame sprite isn't as much as a "keep me alive, i'm the backbone" card as it is a "i'm a swarm of angry hornets, swat me and i come back again" card.

If you doubt messenger of peace, consider this: You'll be able to attack twice, hitting 2100 before it's going to stop you from attacking, and you always have the option of not paying LP and cancelling messenger during the standby phase, allowing you to go into the BP and attack for 2100, making it hit 3100.

It might be hard to get a playset of rockets, bribes, or solemns, but this is the idea, and if you can slowly work towards this it will be possible to pull off. For the meantime, certain cards can replace others. UFO turtle won't help a lot in the final version of the deck, so eventually you want to work towards replacing him with royals so you can recycle and for more draw power. I think you'll be able to perfect the deck in time.

I've come to the conclusion that the reason why Macro Monarchs were losing popularity was because those aren't all that effective... So now I've started building a regular Monarch deck.

Here's what I have at the moment:
Monsters (17)
2x Caius The Shadow Monarch
2x Prime Material Dragon
1x Raiza The Storm Monarch
1x Kuraz The Light Monarch
1x Sangan
2x Gravekeeper’s Spy
1x Cyber Dragon
1x Dekoichi The Battlechanted Locomotive
1x Morphing Jar
1x Spirit Reaper
2x Mask Of Darkness
1x Night Assailant

Spells (13)
3x Soul Exchange
1x Brain Control
2x Enemy Controller
1x Book Of Moon
1x Swords Of Revealing Light
1x Heavy Storm
1x Megamorph
1x Monster Reborn
1x Magical Mallet

Trap (10)
2x Royal Oppression
1x Solemn Judgment
2x Magic Jammer
2x Reckless Greed
2x Bottomless Trap Hole
1x Trap Dustshoot

I've been testing this and it runs rather nicely. Is there anything that I should add to this deck? Things I have planned are 2 more Solemns replacing the Jammers and perhaps a Crush (if a miracle were to happen and I would pull one from a Gold Pack).

Hey I really like the deck you posted! I didn't knew that those great cards like Limit Reverse, Blaze Accelerator and Volcanic Rocket even exist =O
This means a whole lot of new possibilities you already pointed out, with Limit Reverse I can get Raging Flame Sprite back on the field over and over again, hooray!
The Volcanic Rocket/Blaze Accelerator combo is also pretty sweet.

I'll try to make this my final deck with some very small changes like maybe
-1 Ufo Turtle/Royal Firestorm Guards
+1 Messenger of Peace

As you pointed out, it'll be hard for me to get 3x Solemn Judgement, 2x Bribe, 2x Rocket and 2x Firestorm Guards. So I'll play this deck first with some cards that replace those mentioned like Ufo Turtle instead of Firestorm Guards. Eventually I hope to get the right cards.

I agree with you now that Messenger of Peace still works good in my deck since I can pump Raging Flame Sprites attack up to 2100 and I can quit paying 100 life points and deactivate Messenger of Peace its effect which I didn't realize.
The deck doesn't contain now cards like Nimbles, Scapegoat and Nightmare's Steelcages but I guess there's just no more room for these cards in my deck.

Anyway, thnx again for the deck you posted, I really like it.

edit: oh and btw that deck contains a total of 38 cards (19 monsters and 8 spells) so I have to figure out what cards I shall add. Probably an extra Messenger of Peace. And maybe a Snipe Hunter??

edit2: I just got an idea. With Limit Reverse I can special summon my Raging Flame Sprite on the field. Doesn't that combo good with Card of Safe Return? Isn't Card of Safe Return a good option in my deck?

CoSR would be good if you have some other ways to special summon from the graveyard. Foxfire can do this, although I don't recommend it because it's kind of hard to work with, but it's possible you know.

Just top 4ed and tied for first at 237 person anaheim regionals with Gladiator Beasts. There was no exact winner because everyone with invites scooped(My friend and I had no invite so our opponents just conceded). Got my judgment dragon mat, 24 packs(best thing I pulled was angel 07 -_-), and a Light of Destruction shirt.

The decklist.

Monsters
-17-

3 Test Tiger
3 Gladiator Beast Bestiari
2 Elemental Hero Prisma
2 Gladiator Beast Darius
2 Gladiator Beast Laquari
1 Morphing Jar
1 Elemental Hero Stratos
1 Sangan
1 Gladiator Beast Murmillo
1 Gladiator Beast Secutor

Spells
-12-

2 Book of Moon
2 Shrink
2 Cold Wave
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Heavy Storm
1 Premature Burial
1 Monster Reborn
1 Reinforcement of the Army
1 Brain Control

Traps
-11-

3 Solemn Judgment
3 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Dust Tornado
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Mirror Force
1 Trap Dustshoot

My final version of the deck after extensive testing. Shrink is incredible in this, and it saved me vs. Crush and Bottomless numerous times. It helped win the three mirror matches I endured, and prevented a plasma from wrecking me.

Wow a Gladiator Beast Deck with some originality. Awesome. The Shrinks are a very good idea. I didn't realize Prisma had a powerful 1700 attack for a while and when I first saw the card yesterday I got worried. I'm playing Gadgets still so any higher attack Four Star worries me.

Helluva a lot less impressive but I won a small Locals (12 people).

Monsters 18:
2x Green Gadget
2x Red Gadget
2x Yellow Gadget
2x Cyber Dragon (Pretty Good)
3x Banisher
2x D.D. Warrior (Prime Material Dragon.)
1x D.D. Warrior Lady (^^^)
2x Legendary Jujitsu Master
1x Spirit Reaper (meh)

Magic 13:
3x Shrink
2x Book of Moon
2x Enemy Controller
1x Smashing Ground
1x Fissure
1x Lightning Vortex
1x MST
1x Heavy Storm
1x Monster Reborn

Traps 11:
3x Royal Oppression
3x Bottomless Trap Hole
2x Magic Drain
1x Solemn
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Mirror Force

Total 42

Played almost purely Monarch Decks, except in the finals where I met a Gladiator Beast deck. I need to side some Monarch hate because I had a bit of trouble against the decks for sure.

Spirit Reaper barely helped. It held off one attack and killed one card in the opponents hand. Drillroid would've been infinitely better against the GK Spies I ran into.

Prime Material Dragon wasn't much of a problem even though I ran into it I think six times. Most of the time I had either Shrink, D.D. Warrior/Lady, or Grand Mole to take care of it. One time I had to use Bottemless Trap Hole on the summon then killed it with Mirror Force because I had forced them to lose their hand after that. And one other time I tributed my own Gadget for Enemy Controller to take control of their Dragon and attacked for game with it.

Oppression and Banisher didn't get to do their Magic. Would've shoveled any Zombies or Plants I ran into (I really expected some).

Ok decided to buy a few packs again once again for the hell of it. Got a few different ones this is what I came out with

The Beginning of the End(Ultra Rare)
Dark Horus(Ultra Rare)
Evil Hero infernal Prodigy(Super Rare)
Elemental Hero Storm Neos(Super Rare)
Cyberdark Dragon(Super Rare)

and a rare. My ability to pull rare cards amazes even me.

alright I was wondering if anyone here would like to do some trades?

atm Im looking for these cards:

3x Mezuki
1x Burial From a Different Dimension
1x Celestua, Lightsworn Angel
2x Wulf, Lightsworn Beast
2x Solar Recharge
2x Judgment Dragon

these are the major cards I'm looking for atm. I know Judgment is probably gonna be a pain in the ass and Mezuki is new but doesn't hurt to ask.

Is it weird to ask this:

Why is Chaos Sorcerer banned while Dark Armed Dragon isn't?
It isn't even restricted

next ban list may do something about that. Most people will just say because its easy advantage and could be played in most deck types. I tend to agree with that. Monarchs have Caius/Prime and perhaps a teched Cyber (with CS around). DAD and Lightsworn are obvious.. especially in DAD.. another grave manager to get out DAD itself. Six Samurai could easily abuse it.. Irou/Zangji/Enishi. Zombies in the future since they are getting Light Attribute Zombie in the structure.

I expect it to come back to 1.. hopefully.

Another card I would love to see is Card Trooper to 2. Freaking love that card.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)