Test Your English

Very Special Case

You scored 71% Beginner, 93% Intermediate, 93% Advanced, and 93% Expert!
I don't know how you did it, but you boggle my mind! You got at least 75% of the intermediate, advanced, and expert questions correct, but you got 75% or less in the beginner section. How is this possible? Were you just guessing?????? Either way... -----------------------------------------------------

Is this a new one? lol..
I honestly wasn't guessing, but I've always been one of those kids who never payed much attention to gramatical english, but could deliver amazing essays and the such. I can't figure out how I got the Beginner ones wrong...=/

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
Advanced

You scored 93% Beginner, 93% Intermediate, 93% Advanced, and 60% Expert!
You have an extremely good understanding of beginner, intermediate, and advanced level commonly confused English words, getting at least 75% of each of these three levels' questions correct. This is an exceptional score. Remember, these are commonly confused English words, which means most people don't use them properly. You got an extremely respectable score.

English is not my mother-language, but this is sorta nice...except for Expert.I got the faze/phase one right lol

I don't know what I did wrong on the Begginer and Intermediate one, though =(

You scored 100% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 100% Advanced, and 100% Expert!
You did so extremely well, even I can't find a word to describe your excellence! You have the uncommon intelligence necessary to understand things that most people don't. You have an extensive vocabulary, and you're not afraid to use it properly! Way to go! Thank you so much for taking my test. I hope you enjoyed it!
I guess this makes sense. English is my first language.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You scored 86% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 100% Advanced, and 93% Expert!

This doesn't surprise me at all because I have a propensity for doing hard tasks better than easy ones.

norulz

excellent
93%, 100%, 100%, 67%

Well it's not that bad considering I don't usually use most of those words and when I have to, I just use a synonym.

18. In a lemon meringue pie recipe, you use both the egg whites and egg __________.

fuck I thought this was a trick question because the topping is only egg whites ._.
I laughed but I didn't even think about this one really hard, it was obviously done by an english teacher and not a cook.

Advanced
You scored 93% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 93% Advanced, and 73% Expert!

Pretty good I suppose. Some of the Expert questions were pretty tough, but at least I learned something :P.

Oh, and I also never knew that 'faze' was a real word. >.>

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
36. __________ travel makes me sick to my stomach!
a. Naval
b. Navel
c. Either a or b
d. Neither a nor b

They say the answer is A. That was my original thought, seeing as how a lot of people do get seasick, but then I thought some more, and I realized: "Hey, if someone were traveling through my navel, I'd be feeling a bit sick to my stomach.".

They say the answer is A. That was my original thought, seeing as how a lot of people do get seasick, but then I thought some more, and I realized: "Hey, if someone were traveling through my navel, I'd be feeling a bit sick to my stomach.".
The sad thing is, I actually thought the same thing when I read it. =(

Intermediate

You scored 93% Beginner, 93% Intermediate, 73% Advanced, and 60% Expert!
You have a good understanding of beginner and intermediate level commonly confused English words, getting at least 75% of the beginner and intermediate level questions correct. This is a good score. Remember, these are commonly confused English words, which means most people don't use them properly. You got a respectable score.

Well I'm only 13, so I don't mind.

Advanced

You scored 93% Beginner, 86% Intermediate, 87% Advanced, and 73% Expert!
You have an extremely good understanding of beginner, intermediate, and advanced level commonly confused English words, getting at least 75% of each of these three levels' questions correct. This is an exceptional score. Remember, these are commonly confused English words, which means most people don't use them properly. You got an extremely respectable score.

English Genius
You scored 93% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 93% Advanced, and 80% Expert!
You did so extremely well, even I can't find a word to describe your excellence! You have the uncommon intelligence necessary to understand things that most people don't. You have an extensive vocabulary, and you're not afraid to use it properly! Way to go! Thank you so much for taking my test. I hope you enjoyed it!
I still feel stupid.

Edit: look at the advanced vs expert graph results. People were FAR better off with the "expert questions."

Advanced

You scored 79% Beginner, 86% Intermediate, 80% Advanced, and 60% Expert!

Not bad considering I'm fourteen, and Canadian where we get undereducated.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
You scored 100% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 100% Advanced, and 100% Expert!

Ah-HEM! Thank you English Major.
freakin sweet.
thank you SAT study books.
I've always been pretty grammatically proficient, always doing well in English classes and winning the English department award at the end of my senior year, but I was a little bit unsure on my answers to a couple of the questions. Regardless:

*pic*

I think that X-Act posted this here in fear of the threat!
I guess this makes sense. English is my first language.
Same. Woo. Now to try and answer as many wrong as possible. :V Will post results here:

EDIT: Too lazy to post them all, but just mess with the URL:
http://www.okcupid.com/results/the-...ar_Intermediate=0&var_Advanced=0&var_Expert=0
Sub in 15 for any 0 for a perfect score in that section.

Inter-Expert

You scored 0% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 0% Advanced, and 100% Expert!
Your test results are extremely interesting. Though your test scores in the beginner and advanced levels weren't very high, you got at least 75% of the intermediate and expert level questions correct. Possibly you guessed very well in the intermediate and/or expert level sections? I don't know what else to say. You puzzle me immensely. But.... Thank you so much for taking my test. I hope you enjoyed it!

Extreme Special Case

You scored 0% Beginner, 0% Intermediate, 100% Advanced, and 100% Expert!
Your test results are extremely interesting. Though your test scores in the beginner and intermediate levels weren't very high, you got at least 75% of the advanced and expert level questions correct. Possibly you guessed very well in the advanced and expert level sections? I don't know what else to say. You puzzle me immensely. But....

Very Literate

You scored 100% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 0% Advanced, and 100% Expert!
You have a very good understanding of beginner, intermediate, and expert level commonly confused English words, getting at least 75% of each of these three level's questions correct. You didn't get as many of the advanced level questions correct, but don't fret. This is a great score. Remember, these are commonly confused English words, which means most people don't use them properly. You got a very respectable score. Thank you so much for taking my test. I hope you enjoyed it!

Advanced

You scored 100% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 100% Advanced, and 0% Expert!
You have an extremely good understanding of beginner, intermediate, and advanced level commonly confused English words, getting at least 75% of each of these three levels' questions correct. This is an exceptional score. Remember, these are commonly confused English words, which means most people don't use them properly. You got an extremely respectable score. Thank you so much for taking my test. I hope you enjoyed it!

Inter-Advanced

You scored 0% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 100% Advanced, and 0% Expert!
You have a good understanding of intermediate and advanced commonly confused English words, getting at least 75% of the intermediate and advanced level questions correct. The puzzling part of your test result is the fact that you only answered 75% or less correct in the beginner section. Fascinating.

*lol time*

Li'l Bit

You scored 0% Beginner, 0% Intermediate, 0% Advanced, and 0% Expert!
This score does not reflect an inability to converse intelligibly, but it does, however, reflect your inability to determine the proper spelling and/or uses of many commonly confused words of the English language. There is no reason to feel bad though. They are commonly confused, so you're not the only one! Thank you so much for taking my test. I hope you enjoyed it!
Beginner

You scored 100% Beginner, 0% Intermediate, 0% Advanced, and 0% Expert!
This score does not reflect an inability to converse intelligibly, but it does, however, reflect your inability to determine the proper spelling and/or uses of many commonly confused words of the English language. There is no reason to feel bad though. They are commonly confused, so you're not the only one!

Oddly Intermediate

You scored 0% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 0% Advanced, and 0% Expert!
You have a good understanding of intermediate level commonly confused English words, getting at least 75% of the intermediate level questions correct. The puzzling part of your test result is the fact that you only answered 75% or less correct in the beginner section. Fascinating.

Oddly Advanced

You scored 0% Beginner, 0% Intermediate, 100% Advanced, and 0% Expert!
Your test results are extremely interesting. Though your test scores in the beginner, intermediate, and expert levels weren't very high, you got at least 75% of the advanced level questions correct. Possibly you guessed very well in the advanced level section? I don't know what else to say. You puzzle me immensely. But....

Oddly Expert

You scored 0% Beginner, 0% Intermediate, 0% Advanced, and 100% Expert!
Your test results are extremely interesting. Though your test scores in the beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels weren't very high, you got at least 75% of the expert level questions correct. Possibly you guessed very well in the expert level section? I don't know what else to say. You puzzle me immensely. But....

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You scored 93% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 100% Advanced, and 80% Expert!
You did so extremely well, even I can't find a word to describe your excellence! You have the uncommon intelligence necessary to understand things that most people don't. You have an extensive vocabulary, and you're not afraid to use it properly! Way to go!

Yayy.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
English Genius

You scored 100% Beginner, 93% Intermediate, 87% Advanced, and 87% Expert!
You did so extremely well, even I can't find a word to describe your excellence! You have the uncommon intelligence necessary to understand things that most people don't. You have an extensive vocabulary, and you're not afraid to use it properly! Way to go!

Thank you so much for taking my test. I hope you enjoyed it!
I feel like I should know better =(

You scored 93% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 100% Advanced, and 73% Expert!
Lol I did much better than I expected....

English Genius

You scored 93% Beginner, 93% Intermediate, 100% Advanced, and 80% Expert!

I feel so dumb having missed a question in both of the first two stages, I am normally very adept at random grammar tests. Thank God, because it's what saved my ACT score. Hooray 34 in English!

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Your result for The Commonly Confused Words Test by shortredhead78 ...
English Genius

You scored 100% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 93% Advanced, and 100% Expert!

Thank you so much for taking my test. I hope you enjoyed it!

For the complete Answer Key, visit my blog: http://shortredhead78.blogspot.com/.

English Genius

You scored 100% Beginner, 93% Intermediate, 87% Advanced, and 93% Expert!

whoa more on expert than advanced lol

Extra-Terrestrial

You scored 86% Beginner, 64% Intermediate, 67% Advanced, and 80% Expert!
I don't know how you did it, but you boggle my mind! You got at least 75% of the beginner and expert questions correct, but you got 75% or lower in the intermediate and advanced sections. How is this possible? Were you just guessing?????? Either way...

Ok i'm a weirdo :(

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
English Genius
You scored 86% Beginner, 93% Intermediate, 87% Advanced, and 80% Expert!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)