Two-face Bronzong

I am a proud user of a Heatproof Bronzong. I have a Celebi to eat EQ, so I'm not too badly hurt by lack of Levitate. It does the most damage early on, when they switch in their Infernape or Heatran to try and kill me off, and I get the surprise kill. After I've set done SR and put something to sleep, Zong has done most of what he was meant to do. Being able to get a surprise kill on a very dangerous Pokemon who can do a lot of damage to my team makes the lack of Levitate worth it in many cases. Pokemon is all about prediction. Throw off their prediction with a choice like Heatproof, and even one turn where you throw them off balance can win you the match.

It's similar to the reasoning behind suicide leads. It seems like a waste to remove something that can be used for something different, but if it did it's job, was it a waste? With my Heatproof Zong, I've put something to sleep, laid down SR, and crippled a dangerous threat. By the time they realize it's vulnerable to EQ, I've done exactly what I hoped to accomplish.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
With heatproof you can't take Earthquake and it can't counter Metagross, Garchomp and fire blast less boahs. So you can't do a lot of things it could do just to have perhaps a surprise kill. It's your own thing if you want to do this lol

I always use 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SAtk and impish. So it won't be 2hkot by SD Garchomps Fire Fang and is faster then other bronzong, what's important if you use it as a lead.

Levitate is generally better since you can switch into a predicted EQ/take no damage from Spikes. Heatproof can work if you're just using Bronzong as a suicide lead.

I have other pokemon to switch into a predicted EQ, namely ones with offense that could use the free turn better.
Heatproof is fine; helps him counter a different group.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Heatproof is fine; helps him counter a different group.
No it can't couter new things with Heatproof, because neutral damage doesn't help to counter anything. If it had Flash Fire this would be other, but with heatproof you can have a surprise kill and nothing more.

Levitate is better than heatproof .
Heatproof can only help Bronzong to take one hit with half damage from a fire move then die by Earthquake .

No it can't couter new things with Heatproof, because neutral damage doesn't help to counter anything. If it had Flash Fire this would be other, but with heatproof you can have a surprise kill and nothing more.
Think for a minute. What commonly uses Fire attacks in the metagame? The big ones are Azelf, Infernape, and Heatran. These are all major threats. If you can get a surprise kill with these things, along with SR and possibly Hypnosis, what is there to complain about? Bronzong did it's job, and turned the tide of the battle in your favor.

Levitate is better than heatproof .
Heatproof can only help Bronzong to take one hit with half damage from a fire move then die by Earthquake .
If it takes that one hit then retaliates with crushing damage, then it went well for you. Unless they are running SleepTalk Heatran or something that Pokemon will be crippled, if not removed completely. The idea that Zong dies immediately afterward to EQ is fallacious, since it assumes that the opponent can switch but the Zong can't. Any decent user of Heatproof Zong is comfortable doing so because they have something else to eat the EQ.

I will not argue that in many instances Levitate is better than Heatproof. However, if it can be taken advantage of, Heatproof can mess with the opponents head and flip things over on them. With Pokemon being all about prediction, being able to work their predictions against them pays back in dividends.

but with heatproof you can have a surprise kill and nothing more.
I agree, removing 1/6th of their team is nothing at all. Especially when their Infernape is the only thing that scares my other pokemon and it's now dead.

My bronzong is used as a wall. Max hp and I think 200 sp def and 52 def, with Psychic, Calm Mind, Grass Knot, and Gyro ball. I like switching in on water types and grass knotting them. they never see it coming. But I dont lead with my Bronzong, I just switch him in in case my sweepers cant handle my opposition

for those wondering if heatproof having any use it cuts fire damage 50% (like thick fat) thus taking a huge bite out of unstabbed fire blasts and flamethrowers and it cuts burn's damage from 1/8 to 1/16 per turn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)