Yugioh! TCG Thread

of course its stacked, those were insane draws.

but its cool to see how broken the deck type can be.. can't wait to get my hands on Zombie Carrier next prerelease.

went to the sneak today.. pulled decent stuff.

Stuff that I actually pulled that matters- Gladiator Beast War Chariot, Multipience Golemn?, The Tricky.

Traded for: 2x Gladiator Beast War Chariot (knocked that off within twenty minutes), 3x Mezuki, 3x Celestia, 1x Jinzo, 1x Wulf, 1x Elemental Hero Votic, 1x New SJC Mag Promo, The Tricky.

did bad in the constructive tournament though but I blame that from lack of Heraklinos.. let someone borrow it and didn't get it back yet. Only got the War Chariot off once though.. I never drew it! Freaking great card against the Mirror and everything else.. insane card.

pretty good pull.. there were only three known pulled at my sneak. I wanted to get my hand on one of the six samurai cards.. but I never got around to actually look for one.

of course its stacked, those were insane draws.

but its cool to see how broken the deck type can be.. can't wait to get my hands on Zombie Carrier next prerelease.
...can't this be said for like every decktype? If you draw the right cards, stupidly good plays are possible with just about any deck.

fun example:

turn 1: opponent summons card trooper, mills 3 neglectable cards, passes

turn 2: draw
~hand destruction
~wetlands
~starboy
~inferno reckless summon
~junk synchron
~neglectable card

1)activate hand D, dump star boy and neglectable card, draw two more useless cards.
2)summon junk synchron, special summon star boy
3)chain inferno reckless, special summon another two star boys
4)activate wetlands
5)synchro summon junk warrior with the original star boy
6)attack with 2750, 2750, and 7800.
there, i just otk'ed with wetlands with 3400 to spare, it doesn't mean it's broken (although I love the decktype)

Regardless of what I just said though, synchro zombies are gonna be a force to contend with.

It appears light brigade is going for 100+ right now.

I really can't wait till november when raiou comes out. Honest will be more overpowered than ever.

I'm thinking about getting into this game after the next banlist after slice lends me a bunch of cards hopefully. What cards do you guys think will be banned on september 1st so I know what to look out for when i'm getting back in?

Expect disk commander, crush card virus, monster reborn, and possibly(unlikely) trap dustshoot to be banned. My reasoning for disk is that after the release of TDGS, we have 8 ways of reviving it(including reborn atm). Dustshoot is simply a lucksack card that wins wayyyy too many games and gives unfair advantage. It isn't confiscation in the least, but opening with it puts more of a luck factor into this game.

Dark armed needs to be banned or at least be put to 1. Breaker should be back at 1, it isn't an unbalanced card. Call can be brought back to the format if disk is banned like it should be.

Put mask of darkness at 3 and semi limit reckless greed.

So do you think there are any cards that i should buy now that might increase in price after the ban? My budget isn't horrible, but if I can save money it would help.

So many things are unclear right now...

Get zombie stuff(goblin zombie, il blud, mezuki). My biggest word of advice is to not invest in crush until the next banlist.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I actually created a deck based around the forgotten card Cold Wave and was pretty big on Pojo and caught on with some players. It wasn't my typical deck because I used to playing Chaos, Warrior, and Yata but it turned out to be awesome and I raped quite a few local tournaments until people started teching cards just to beat it. While I would love to get back in it I sold all my cards a while back (minus a few favorites). Plus I have better things to spend my money on.

1 Jinzo
2 Mobius the Frost Monarch
3 Berserk Gorilla
1 Breaker the Magical Warrior
1 Tribe Infecting Virus
1 Magical Scientist
1 Fiber Jar
1 Sinister Serpent
3 D. D. Warrior Lady
2 Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer
2 Magician of Faith

1 Pot of Greed
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Heavy Storm
1 Change of Heart
1 Premature Burial
1 Card Destruction
2 Nobleman of Crossout
3 Cold Wave
1 Swords of Revealing Light

2 Compulsory Evacuation Device
3 Non-Aggression Area
2 Anti-Spell Fragrance
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Call of the Haunted
1 Ring of Destruction

(an early version of the deck, I think it was around the time of the first banlist but before the second iirc.)
http://www.metagame.com/yugioh.aspx?tabid=33&ArticleId=9977

Well would you look at that, I was 3 years too early to the Cold Wave party.

September 2008 Lists, This is just for the OCG, so no changes to TCG exclusives have been set.

Dark Magician of Chaos, Disk Commander and Premature banned. (And Gorz for you OCG People)

Breaker, Cyber Dragon, Monster Gate and Reasoning limited.

DAD, Judgement Dragon, Phantom of Chaos, Rescue Cat, Card of Safe Return, Chain Strike and Magical Stone Excavation (Summon Priest in the OCG) all Semi-Limited.

Malicous, Light and Darkness, Decree, Reinforcement of the Army and Mage Power all unlimited.

I dont think this is confirmed yet but there is a very high chance this is the list.

over all I'm not too happy with it. Sorta happy about RoTA going to 3 and Decree.. which is basically a side deck staple. They needed to do something to Glads, which makes me believe that this list was made a loooong time ago.

The fact that this is an OCG list where Test Tiger is just showing up could be the reason for less action on that front. Honestly, GBs is the least broken deck winning in America. It just happens to be strong and flexible. Of course the newer cards may change the fairness level...

September 2008 Lists, This is just for the OCG, so no changes to TCG exclusives have been set.

Dark Magician of Chaos, Disk Commander and Premature banned. (And Gorz for you OCG People)

Breaker, Cyber Dragon, Monster Gate and Reasoning limited.

DAD, Judgement Dragon, Phantom of Chaos, Rescue Cat, Card of Safe Return, Chain Strike and Magical Stone Excavation (Summon Priest in the OCG) all Semi-Limited.

Malicous, Light and Darkness, Decree, Reinforcement of the Army and Mage Power all unlimited.
What I like:
-all the bans, although i think reborn should be hit in the tcg (granted we're not getting breonic anytime soon)
-monster gate/reasoning limited, they don't do anything good for the game
-RotA unlimited, maybe warrior toolbox might see a comeback (and that's one more survivor for macro)
-Chain strike semied, burn needs a comeback
-Mage power unlimited, it was never that bad
-at least they semied DAD

What I don't like:
-breaker limited. crap.
-cydra, is this simply because of synchros?
-I still think heavy should be banned
-they didn't switch back reborn and coth, bleh
-where the heck are glads? are they planning on hitting the tcg-only test tiger? please say yes

overall, I think they helped more than hurt

edit: EEV confirmed! happy days!

what's a good method for sending yugioh cards? i got like 3 solemns(1 super rare, 2 rare) uhhh....some goldds(2 or 3 all rare), maybe 1 widespread ruin rare and a bunch of other things. i think they're all from champion pakcs. i gotta see. and once i go back to america which will be in like 2 weeks, i wouldn't mind shipping them all out free of charge to some guys that need help.

theyre doing nothing just sitting in my binder.

pretty much first come first serve if you seem cool.
yeah so this thing is going on right now. just got back(kinda forgot about it :B) and i'll go ahead and post what i have and you guys can see if you can put it to good use. i have no use for these cards and would like them to go to someone that needs them.

English

x3 Rare | Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World (CP03-EN007)
x1 Rare | Broww, Huntsman of Dark World (EEN-EN021)
x1 Rare | Mother Grizzly (MRL-090) - i also have a common one from the water deck. AND also have a giant rat from the yugi evolution starter deck
x1 Rare | Witch Of The Black Forest (DB2-EN066)
x1 Rare | The Agent Of Judgment - Saturn (CP03-EN009)
x1 Rare | Archfiend General (FOTB-EN019)
x1 Rare | Gravekeeper's Commander (FOTB-EN015)
x2 Rare | Manticore Of Darkness (CP03-EN008)
x1 Rare | Dark Master - Zorc (CP02-EN010)
x1 Rare | Volcanic Shell (FOTB-EN009)
x1 Rare | Solemn Judgement (CP01-EN008)
x1 Rare | Magic Drain (PSV-071) - there is some wear on it but it's not bent or anything
x1 Rare | Pot Of Avarice (CP01-EN011)
x1 Rare | Limiter Removal (CP01-EN007)
x1 Rare | Ancient Rules (STON-EN037)
x1 Rare | Pandemonium (DR1-EN256)
x1 Rare | Pikeru's Circle of Enchantment (CP03-EN010)
x3 Rare | Widespread Ruin (CP03-EN011)

x1 Super | Scy Scourge Enrise (FOTB-EN021)
x1 Super | Sky Scourge Invicil (FOTB-EN023)
x2 Super | Cyber End Dragon (STON-ENSE1)
x1 Super | Dark World Dealings (STON-EN038)
x1 Super | Card Destruction (SDY-042) - this card is fuckin bent as hell but still completely usable (i think)
x1 Super | Graceful Charity (SDP-040)
x2 Super | Card Trader (STON-EN046)
x3 Super | Shrink (STON-ENSE2)
x1 Super | Tri-Blaze Accelerator (FOTB-EN041)
x1 Super | Birthright (STON-EN057)

alright, so those are the supers and rares. i'll post up the commons and japanese cards later.

pretty much first come first serve.

edit: yeah, i'm not really trying to send them that far, sorry :(

Man, that Solemn surely would help me out... I just need one to finish my current deck... But I really don't want to ask you to send it all the way across the pacific...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)