Newcomer wants his team rated!

Preface: The league I play in with friends has one simple rule: any pokemon with base stats of 580 and above are banned. So that means no legendaries/ubers/etc...
And thanks for rating! =)

Yanmega w/ Speed Boost
Modest
Focus Sash
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Protect
Hypnosis
Bug Buzz
Air Slash

The thinking here is that I want my Yanmega to be fast. Like, really really fast. Thefore, I forgoe the modest nature in favor of timid and give him wise glasses for the attack boost. He's meant to lead/scout, not sweep. The reasoning is that I have a Jolteon AND Gengar to watch out for (on the same team nonetheless) so ion a perfect would, he outruns them, somehow, and hits on hypnosis. But I highly doubt he can outrun Jolteon. I have debated adding Wide Lens to him to help with Hypnosis accuracy, but as you'll see later, its already on someone else.

Swampert
Impish
Leftovers
252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 Def
Stealth Rock
Avalanche
Waterfall
Earthquake

Before Yanmega, Swampert was my leader. Now, I'm moving him towards more of a physical role. In the event that my Yanmega runs into something it can't handle, ie the Jolteon I mentioned previously, I can switch out him and throw up a quick stealth rock. Other than that, it's pretty basic.

Gengar
Timid
Wide Lens
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hypnosis
Thunderbolt
Shadowball
Focus Blast

It's my personal belief that Gengar would benefit more from Wide Lens than Yanmega, due to having Focus Blast. Now, I have toyed in the past with using Toxic instead and I am down for doing that, but I'm not sure how effective Focus Blast is in battles just yet. Other than that, Gengar gives me a backup Hypnosis with more high speed and better accuracy.
My only question is that is Focus Punch suitable for Gengar without Life Orb? (Mind you, I don't have to worry about the ubers!)

Infernape
Jolly
Life Orb
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Swords Dance
Flare Blitz
Thunder Punch
Close Combat

No Stone Edge due to Life Orb being on him. In a perfect world, I can get 1-2 Swords Dances up when Yanmega or Gengar have someone taking a quick nap, giving him free buffs. Thunder Punch takes out most of his water counters. Other than that, this is pretty simple

Electivire
Adamant
Expert Belt
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Thunder Punch
Earthquake
Ice Punch
Cross Chop

Thunder Punch covers the threats that Infernape would have sweeping.
Cross Chop takes care of a rock type that would block Electivire.
The other two moves are standard imo

Weavile
Choice Band
Jolly
40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Pursuit
Aerial Ace
Ice Punch
Brick Break

Heracross is a threat to me, so in goes Aerial Ace. Pursuit SHOULD do the trick on its own with Choice Band. I honestly dont mind switching out, so I'm keeping Choice Band on there. However, should my feelings on the situation change, what's another alternative that I haven't already used?

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
You don't really need a Timid nature on a speed boosting Yanmega. By protecting once, you can outrun the same and have more power in your attacks with Modest. Focus Sash is also good on Mega because he's quite fragile and if Hypnosis misses, he's dead.

On Infernape Flare Blitz is risky, because the recoil from that plus LO recoil will weaken him very quickly. Maybe you should try MixNape, or you would probably have to have wish support.

On Electivire, you can have better coverage if you use Earthquake over Fire Punch. Also, IIRC, Electivire doesn't learn Close Combat, so you could use Cross Chop or Brick Break.

Just my two cents.

Just to say basically what iBojangles has already said,opt out of Fire punch for Electivire,and seeing as how it can't learn CC to begin with go with EQ and Cross Chop,the results will be greater with EQ instead of FP tbh :).

You don't really need a Timid nature on a speed boosting Yanmega. By protecting once, you can outrun the same and have more power in your attacks with Modest. Focus Sash is also good on Mega because he's quite fragile and if Hypnosis misses, he's dead.

On Infernape Flare Blitz is risky, because the recoil from that plus LO recoil will weaken him very quickly. Maybe you should try MixNape, or you would probably have to have wish support.

On Electivire, you can have better coverage if you use Earthquake over Fire Punch. Also, IIRC, Electivire doesn't learn Close Combat, so you could use Cross Chop or Brick Break.

Just my two cents.
Thats what i meant. Cross Chop!

*edits and hits self*

Also, the timid nature doesnt give enough of a boost to warrant its use I assume then?
And I do like the idea of the focus sash on there as a fail safe.

How would muscle band on infernape work?

No walls? What's your solution to bulky Sweepers that aren't OHKO'ed by any of your pokemon?
Thats the problem I was considering, but here's the thing:

Are there any bulky sweepers that have base stats lower than 580?

Stuff like Garchomp, Tyranitar, Salamence, etc etc aren't usable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)