A fun Rain Dance team, totally wild

Toxicroak/Jolly - Dry Skin @ Life Orb
252 Atk / 252 Spd
-Cross Chop
-Earthquake
-Rain Dance
-Stone Edge
Usually my lead, but I'm thinking I should switch to Ludicolo. The set feels pretty standard to me.
With Rain Dance in play the 10% damage from Life Orb is Negated and allows for way more flexibility than Choice Band.

Dunsparce/Modest - Serene Grace @ ???
252 SpAtk / 118 Def / 118 SpDef
-Ancient Power?
-Calm Mind
-Icebeam
-Thunder
Duncesparce is a fun Pokemon. This little guy actually inspired me to make a Rain Dance team. With Thunder hitting 100% of the time and a 60% chance to paralyze he's pretty irritating. Calm Mind on a switch, then Thunder or Beam the opposition to death.
Ancient Power seems to sorta be a Dunsparce signature move, but I wouldn't mind getting rid of it either.

Shedinja/Adamant - Wonder Guard @ Focus Sash
252 Atk / 252 Spd
-Baton Pass
-Shadow Sneak
-Swords Dance
-X-Scissor
Shedinija was originally implemented to give Swords Dance boosts to Seaking. Switch in to something that can't hurt it, Swords Dance it up and most likely pass the stats on the next turn. Forcus Sash is a must, obviously.
However, I was able to sweep 5/6 pokemon the other day with this guy. I got a Swords Dance or two on an Outrage-ing Dragonite and then OHKOed the rest of this poor guy's team.
<b>Edit:</b>I posted this thread on GameFaqs but received little help. I did find out, however, that Baton Pass and Swords Dance on the same set is illegal...so I need a solution to that as well.

Seaking/Adamant - Swift Swim @ ???
252 HP / 252 Atk
-Aqua Ring?
-Megahorn
-Return
-Waterfall
Seaking... I'm not really sure why he's here. I think since Seadra is such a Rain Dance staple, I tried to emulate it with Seaking. His speed gets to be pretty respectable with Swift Swim, and his attack isn't so bad either. With an attack boost from Shedinja and a speed boost from Swift Swim, Seaking is meant as a sweeper.
Between Megahorn, Return and Waterfall he as the most type-coverage he can muster. Aqua Ring is mostly a filler. I'm open to other suggestions.

Ludicolo/Timid- Rain Dish @ Damp Rock
252 HP / 118 Def / 118 SpDef
-Ice Beam
-Leech Seed
-Rain Dance
-Surf
This is Paco, he's the other Rain Dancer on the team and general nuisance. I'd like to have Leftovers on him to make it extra-irritating but since I have Life Orb on Toxicroak already, I figured I needed some Damp Rock support.
Leech Seed and then sweep away.
Oh, I'd also like to try and find a replacement for Ludicolo as he's BL and the rest of my team is UU. I don't mind playing up to OU sometimes, but I don't like having to.

Raichu/Timid - Static @ ???
252 SpAtk/ 252 Spd
-HP Water
-Nasty Plot
-Thunder
-Thunderwave
Raichu... I need a replacement... Ideas?

Ok guys, rate away. The things I need specific help with are finding an alternative for Ludicolo, a replacement for Raichu and figuring out what a few hold items should be.
I don't have EV spreads either. I wasn't being too scientific about it, mostly putting 252 into the attack stat of choice and then either HP or speed.
If anyone has any helpful words about spreads, that would be appreciated too.
Alright, thanks guys!

That Shedninja is illegal. It can only have ONE of the following moves on the same set. The moves include Swords Dance, Baton Pass, or Agility.

Wait. I don't get why is Shedinja illegal. Just evolve at the same time Ninjask learns Baton Pass. Then use the Swords Dance TM, right?

Personally I really like Kingler as a physical sweeper. Throw a scarf on it and watch as it outspeeds and tears through pokes with its meaty 130 base attack stat. Another option over seaking and kingler is kabutops as it has swift swim and mostly the same set as kingle but with rock stab. Kabutops is probably better for a rain dance team than Kingler.

That Shedninja is illegal. It can only have ONE of the following moves on the same set. The moves include Swords Dance, Baton Pass, or Agility.
Yes, and you'll notice that I said that in my analysis of my pokemon.
Then I also asked for a suggestion about a possible move set or a replacement pokemon.

EVs and Natures included or we can't provide a full rate.
Natures ARE included, they're right next to the pokemon name.

EVs are basically:
Toxicroak - 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Dunsparce - 252 SpAtk / 118 Def / 118 SpDef
Shedinja - 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Seaking - 252 HP / 252 Atk
Ludicolo - 252 HP / 118 Def / 118 SpDef
Raichu - 252 SpAtk/ 252 Spd

Not a whole lotta science involved here.

Dont really know any of these pokes very well but i'll help out on what I know. Dusnparce probly should have leftovers since hes somewhat defensive.

Shedy can use willowisp or protect for his last move protect might be your better option since it seems like your going to paralyze most of your opponents.

Im going to assume this is for UU if not you could put jolteon or tentacruel in. Joleteon cause hes a good electric, and tenta to get rid of tspikes/stealthrock/spikes for your shedy with rapid spin.

First, I suggest you read this awesome guide by X-Act on how to more effectively distribute your EVs.

As for your actual team, Electrode or Qwilfish can lead for Rain Dance teams and Explode to bring out your Swift Swim sweeper, Omastar and Gorebyss can both abuse their insanely high Special Attacks (for UU competition, that is) and Swift Swim to sweep, Kabutops and Relicanth do the same except on the physical side, and Dewgong's Hydration may be worth considering on the team.

Wait. I don't get why is Shedinja illegal. Just evolve at the same time Ninjask learns Baton Pass. Then use the Swords Dance TM, right?
He's wrong, it's legal. You have to level it to 45 though because shedninja can't learn it via TM.

I say Kabutops over Seaking. He outclasses Seaking in every way and has a more diverse physical movepool with Stone Edge, Aerial Ace and Brick Break. He's UU, too, so if this is supposed to be a UU team, then he still fits the bill. You may want him to double as a spinner since rocks will shut down your Shedinja. There are also no pokemon on your team that are weak to Grass, so a quad weakness here to grass doesn't make your team too grass weak.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)