Porygon2 @ Leftovers
Ability: Trace
EVs: 240 HP/164 Def/104 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Magic Coat
- Discharge
- Ice Beam
- Recover

My favorite starter. Magic Coats status and inflicts status with Discharge.
Traces and counters Heatran, Jolteon, Vaporeon, and sometime even garchomp and gyarados. Tracing sand veil is just evil.
---

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Grass Knot
- Recover
- Psychic
- Leech Seed

My supporter. Grass Knot kills bulky waters. Psychic for OK coverage, and leech seed for support
---

Heatran (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Taunt
Life Orb Heatran. Outspeeds Jolly scizor and Magnezone. 2HKO's Suicune and Milotic. Taunt rapes blissey
Actually covers many of Azelf's counters
---

Azelf @ Expert Belt
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 36 HP/220 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Taunt
My favorite sweeper. Hp Fight and Shadow provides great coverage which explains the expert belt.
Taunt rapes half of the walls that try to wall it

---

Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
Standard physcial wall. Do I really need to explain this?
I needed a physical wall to counter heracross Ttar etc andglicor happens to be the best heracross counter
---

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 188 HP/252 Def/68 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Ice Beam
- Wish
- Surf
Support wish vaporeon. Hp Elect counters bulky waters. COUnters garchomp blah blah. Felt like i needed a bulky water and a wish supporter and vaporeon fit perfectly along with its only weaknesses
---

This team is meant to set up the azelf sweep with heatran annd p2 taking care of alot of threats to azelf and celebi absorbing status.
Celebi and Heatran rapes blissey to no return.
I've had some trouble because I lack a strong physical attacker and seem to be lacking a good way to stop strong special attackers like gengar
I was thinking of adding scizor somewhere whereas it can hit hard and sets up Light screen to help with my sp attacker problem

On a side note i see you like Flygons,so instant kudos from me :).

I'm surprised at Porygon 2 being here instead if P-Z,it's up to you but it might be wise to evolve it.

A little more details about the other pokés would help too (as in score more rates).

P2 actually counters things and has trace where as all pz does is sweep.
They have 2 completely different rules.
I didnt think gliscor and vaporeon needed any real description because everyone knows what they are while the other4 are a little different

Just telling the above posters that he's keeping porygon2 not for his sweeping ability. Although Porygonz gets the 135 base s atk stat, he has much frailer defenses. One of the main reasons porygon2 is still BL is because it's bulky and works as a reasonably good starter thanks to trace.

Just telling the above posters that he's keeping porygon2 not for his sweeping ability. Although Porygonz gets the 135 base s atk stat, he has much frailer defenses. One of the main reasons porygon2 is still BL is because it's bulky and works as a reasonably good starter thanks to trace.
agreed, sp att/att arent all you have to look at in a pokemon, look at all its stats, p2 passes pz in all but sp att and speed i believe.

and celebi will probably work how he says it is since alot of people use it...its a common pokemon.

as for the last 2, i agree they are so common why even put a description...

Weavile will have lots of fun against this team, especially after vaporeon's gone. A swords dance Weavile can easily switch in against Celebi, and set up.

you can try to replace heatran with a rest-talking machamp. counters weavile, magnezone(somewhat), Blissey and tyranitar. Hope i helped

This team will pretty much lose to all other stall teams. You have no spinner, and only 1 fast sweeper, which puts you at a very large disadvantage to other stall teams. Not to mention that both of your sweepers are easily stopped by Blissey. I would reccomend placing a Starmie over Vaporeon to get rid of Toxic Spikes and all other entry hazards, and also throwing in either a RestTalk Machamp or Hariyama over Gliscor or something to stop your incredible Weavile weakness. Machamp or Hariyama are also very easy ways of getting rid of Blissey, which would make it alot more easy for Azelf to come in for a late game sweep.

Hi, I'm new here, so take my comments as you see fit. I'm definitely no expert, but I'll say what I know/think and ask what I don't I guess.

I agree with XxFaintxX about the sweepers being stopped by Blissey. Would you care to explain how "taunt rapes Blissey"? I guess it stops Blissey from TW/CM/SB, but ... I dunno, is Fire Blast a 2HKO on Blissey or something?

Issue with Azelf: Expert Belt only boosts Super Effective attacks. Ghost + Fighting covers all pokemon for NEUTRAL damage, but it certainly doesn't cover a lot for Super Effective (only 6: Normal, Rock, Ice, Steel for Fighting and Psychic, Ghost for Ghost). If I were to use Azelf I'd use Psychic + 2 other attacks (and drop Taunt), but yeah, if you insist on 2 attacks, Ghost + Fighting does cover the most for neutral, so I'd just recommend him holding something else, maybe another Life Orb, or... I'm not too sure. Even Wise Glasses is better than Expert Belt in this case imo. I'd probably go with Life Orb.

I think the other team members are fine. I agree that you probably should have something that can attack (pretty strongly) on the physical side though. Scizor I suppose could work depending on how you go about with him. He would work well with Heatran's Flash Fire.

Actually, Taunt stops Blissey very effectively.

Not only does it stop them from Statusing you, it also stops them from using Recovery moves. Taunt Heatran can stop Blissey from doing anything other than Seismic Toss (or flamethrower on wish bliss lol) and Fire Blast for around 25-30%. Taunt lasts a lot longer than in ADV so this is usually enough to either kill Blissey (if you don't miss too many times) or put it at very low health, allowing Azelf to beat it.

And Azelf has Expert Belt and HP Fighting because Life Orb would wear him down too quickly when combined with Seismic Toss. The boosted HP Fighting should be able to do around 40% to Blissey, an easy 3HKO.

Scizor would be an extremely good idea, as Weavile has it's way with your team, killing everyone in one or two hits except Vaporeon. If it got up a Swords Dance it'd be GG. It could also help you beat Deoxys-E. I would put it over Heatran, in fact. Heatran is pretty good, but Porygon2 already handles enemy heatran, and Vaporeon handles Infernape.

Also drop HP Electric on Vaporeon. P2 and Celebi can handle gyarados. Protect will help you heal yourself easier, and scout.

Hmm. Very nice Idea's skiddles. My only real concern about taking out heatran would be A lack of fire moves for bronzong and the like.
Which scizor should i use for this team

Hmm. Very nice Idea's skiddles. My only real concern about taking out heatran would be A lack of fire moves for bronzong and the like.
Which scizor should i use for this team
Scizor @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
Nature: Adament
EV's: 232 HP / 100 Atk / 176 SpD
~Pursuit
~U-Turn
~Roost
~Quick Atack / Light Screen

I'm a scizor user myself and I think this team would really benefit from one. In my opinion he is one of the best weavile counters in the game. The set I use is the "Orb Dance" set also called "the Tech". Not only does scizor resist all but weaviles brick break, it can also choose wheather it wants to kill weavile with Iron Head, Brick Break. or X-Scissor. The set looks like this:

Scizor @ Life Orb
Technician
Adamant
Ev's:232Hp/252Att/24Def
Moves:
-Quick Attack
-Swords Dance
-Iron Head
-Roost/Brick Break

After a swords dance quick attack will OHKO alot of speedy frail pokemon and 2KO alot of other pokes aswell. it makes a great revenge killer to as it picks weakened pokemon off with ease. Iron head provides a STAB move that hits rock and ghost types who resist quick attack. Roost is great for healing off life orb damage, and setting up on walls alot easier while brick break hurts steels and breaks light screen and reflect.

The set I listed above is better for his team considering Gengar is a real bitch for him, and Scizor makes a decent Gengar "counter".

Your set is best used with either Magnezone or Dugtrio to eliminate steels that stop you from sweeping.

Subpunching Ludicolo with Grass Knot / Energy Ball and Ice Beam fares pretty well against the team. Considering the fact that its special defense is not too bad, Ludicolo can probably set up a substitute against Porygon2 and take a hit, or if slower set up a substitute after taking a hit. Focus Punching the next turn may not OHKO, but Porygon2 does not pack so much to be able to take out Ludicolo and Recover might not be able to heal up more than the amount of damage Focus Punch does, added to the turn passing while Ludicolo can heal up with Leftovers. Against Celebi, Ludicolo is immune to Leech Seed and resists Grass Knot, meaning Psychic is the only offensive attack Celebi must rely on against Ludicolo. Again, Ludicolo has a decent Special Defense stat and Celebi has absolutely no EVs in Special attack, which means Ludicolo can start firing off Ice Beams. Heatran can Taunt Ludicolo's Subbing, but with a bit of prediction, Ludicolo might be able to pull off a Focus Punch and leave a dent that Heatran cannot heal from without the help of Leftovers (and yours has Life Orb). Not much to comment on Azelf, who can probably set up a Nasty Plot against Ludicolo, but Ludicolo can probably take a hit from Azelf, considering he has not yet lost any HP yet. There isn't much Ludicolo can do to hit back, but looking at Heatran, Ludicolo resists both of his moves and is neutral to Fire Blast (and mind you, if Ludicolo packs Surf he doesn't have to deal much with Heatran). Ludicolo resists Earthquake and can probably OHKO with Ice Beam on Gliscor, and doesn't take too much from neutral base 65 Ice Fang (hopefully). Energy Ball might be better to use on Ludicolo if he ever has to face Vaporeon, but its obvious that Vaporeon's HP Electric is the best it has against Ludicolo while Ludicolo can pack a STAB grass attack in its moveset.

Because Ludicolo does not necessarily have the power to kill Heatran and Azelf (Heatran, if he does not have Surf or Hydro Pump of course), and because Ludicolo is kind of weak, stat-wise, you can probably wear him down a bit until he eventually dies. Nonetheless, he can pose a threat to your team... somewhat. Tyraniboah is more of something that hit harder than Ludicolo and has SubPunch, Ice Beam, and Crunch / Dark Pulse, but is conspicuously weak to Celebi's Grass Knot, Vaporeon's Surf, Gliscor's Earthquake, and Heatran's Earth Power. However, if Tyranitar gets stuck in a Substitute, which is pretty easy to do against a Porygon2 lead, Vaporeon is the only opponent that he cannot take out. Otherwise, Celebi can be dealt with Dark Pulse (and the possible flinch, if Tyraniboah is faster), Heatran with Focus Punch, Gliscor with Ice Beam, Azelf with Dark Pulse, yadayada. I'm not saying either Ludicolo or Tyranitar can completely sweep the team, but they are decent Pokémon that can serve as a threat. Abomasnow can do the same, but like Ludicolo, is... kind of weak. Easy Sub set up against Porygon2, Vaporeon, and possibly Gliscor, who might switch out on an Abomasnow. Then again, Abomasnow's typing does not serve as well as Ludicolo's typing.

I find most gengars (and other ghosts) perfer to stay in on scizor and attempt to hit it with hypnosis or willow wisp if they have it. Should hypnosis miss i'm pretty sure iron head OHKOs, or at least 2KO's. I don't use pursuit on scizor since the only pokes it seems to force to switch are those that are walled by it. (and gengar isn't) Thats just from my own experience. Getting a swords dance on the switch to me is more beneficial.

Subpunching Ludicolo with Grass Knot / Energy Ball and Ice Beam fares pretty well against the team. Considering the fact that its special defense is not too bad, Ludicolo can probably set up a substitute against Porygon2 and take a hit, or if slower set up a substitute after taking a hit. Focus Punching the next turn may not OHKO, but Porygon2 does not pack so much to be able to take out Ludicolo and Recover might not be able to heal up more than the amount of damage Focus Punch does, added to the turn passing while Ludicolo can heal up with Leftovers. Against Celebi, Ludicolo is immune to Leech Seed and resists Grass Knot, meaning Psychic is the only offensive attack Celebi must rely on against Ludicolo. Again, Ludicolo has a decent Special Defense stat and Celebi has absolutely no EVs in Special attack, which means Ludicolo can start firing off Ice Beams. Heatran can Taunt Ludicolo's Subbing, but with a bit of prediction, Ludicolo might be able to pull off a Focus Punch and leave a dent that Heatran cannot heal from without the help of Leftovers (and yours has Life Orb). Not much to comment on Azelf, who can probably set up a Nasty Plot against Ludicolo, but Ludicolo can probably take a hit from Azelf, considering he has not yet lost any HP yet. There isn't much Ludicolo can do to hit back, but looking at Heatran, Ludicolo resists both of his moves and is neutral to Fire Blast (and mind you, if Ludicolo packs Surf he doesn't have to deal much with Heatran). Ludicolo resists Earthquake and can probably OHKO with Ice Beam on Gliscor, and doesn't take too much from neutral base 65 Ice Fang (hopefully). Energy Ball might be better to use on Ludicolo if he ever has to face Vaporeon, but its obvious that Vaporeon's HP Electric is the best it has against Ludicolo while Ludicolo can pack a STAB grass attack in its moveset.

Because Ludicolo does not necessarily have the power to kill Heatran and Azelf (Heatran, if he does not have Surf or Hydro Pump of course), and because Ludicolo is kind of weak, stat-wise, you can probably wear him down a bit until he eventually dies. Nonetheless, he can pose a threat to your team... somewhat. Tyraniboah is more of something that hit harder than Ludicolo and has SubPunch, Ice Beam, and Crunch / Dark Pulse, but is conspicuously weak to Celebi's Grass Knot, Vaporeon's Surf, Gliscor's Earthquake, and Heatran's Earth Power. However, if Tyranitar gets stuck in a Substitute, which is pretty easy to do against a Porygon2 lead, Vaporeon is the only opponent that he cannot take out. Otherwise, Celebi can be dealt with Dark Pulse (and the possible flinch, if Tyraniboah is faster), Heatran with Focus Punch, Gliscor with Ice Beam, Azelf with Dark Pulse, yadayada. I'm not saying either Ludicolo or Tyranitar can completely sweep the team, but they are decent Pokémon that can serve as a threat. Abomasnow can do the same, but like Ludicolo, is... kind of weak. Easy Sub set up against Porygon2, Vaporeon, and possibly Gliscor, who might switch out on an Abomasnow. Then again, Abomasnow's typing does not serve as well as Ludicolo's typing.
How often do you see subpunch ludicolo? I've never seen one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)