FullMetal Alchemist Sequel Announced

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hell. Yes.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-08-20/new-fullmetal-alchemist-tv-anime-series-confirmed

The wraparound jacket band on the 20th volume of Hiromu Arakawa's Fullmetal Alchemist manga will confirm on Friday that a new television anime series is in the works. A new anime series was a topic of much fan discussion for several months, but it was thrust into a more public spotlight last month when a management document was purportedly leaked from the BONES anime studio. The document listed Fullmetal Alchemist animator Yasuhiro Irie as "Hagane 2 kantoku" (Iron/Fullmetal 2 director).

After the purported leak, BONES President Masahiko Minami posted an official statement that said that no file with this same formatted information existed within the company. When asked about the possibility of a sequel to Fullmetal Alchemist or Darker than BLACK (another BONES anime), Minami told ANN, "It hasn't been decided yet. We are interested in doing them. As original science-fiction works, they were extremely fascinating. With these kinds of dramatic story lines, I feel that there's a lot we could do potentially."

Viz Media will publish the 17th volume of the manga version in North America this October, while FUNimation Entertainment released both the first television series and its theatrical movie finale.

Source: 2ch via Moon Phase Comments
FullMetal Alchemist ranks as my favourite show of all time. This news makes me happy to say the least. I just finished rewatching the entire series again last month (this time in English)!

Just saw this recently as well, and I'm really pleased to see it finally getting a faithful adaption (though I though the deviant storyline of the currently-existing anime series wasn't bad at all either).

It's about damn time. How many angry letters did I have to send them before they got the picture.

Can't wait to watch it. Fullmetal is ranked in my top 5 favorite anime series of all time, and I have watched many.
Is there any information on when it will aire?

Is that what it is? I've heard absolutely no information on it.
I don't have any confirmation, but most of the talk I heard about it seemed to be saying that it'd be an adaption of the manga. To be honest, I'm not sure exactly what else they'd do; the FMA movie wraps up the storyline without a whole lot more room for continuation, so they'd have to either work with that, build off the ending off the anime (between anime/movie timeline?), or just take the material from the manga.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
duckroll on NeoGAF said:
...They're rebooting and adapting the manga from scratch. Moon Phase has now gone on record to say that the series will be another 1 year long series that starts on TBS/MBS in April on the Gundam 00 Sunday slot (the one that Geass R2 is airing on now).

Is this one going to follow the manga plot, or is it going to be a continuation of the anime plot?

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I really really really hope they follow the manga storyline. Despite watching the anime before I read the manga, I'd already found myself losing interest in it after the introduction of Wrath(crappy anime Wrath, not awesome manga Wrath) and it had come to the point where I couldn't watch more than one ep in a sitting. I hope they just reuse the first 26 eps because it'd be a waste otherwise :( ALSO

SPOILER

GREED WILL RETURN! HELL YEAH!

Al_Alchemist

Physics and Math \O/
is a Past SPL Champion
O.O!!!!!!!!!!!! (endless ! marks followed) Omg thank you Firestorm! I am a big fma fan though I dont go to anime conventions or w/e so I guess im not that big but anyways I'm so happy their making a sequel! The ending for the movie was kind of sad and stupid because they just left winry and everyone to go play in Hitler's land those selfish bastards, so maybe theyll come back to the alchemist world yay or is this a sequel to like the manga or a series based entirely on the manga either way this is awesome and ima pee myself when I see the first episode!!:doom:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)