New and "creative" moveset/EV spread thread "Mark 2"

Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes sense i just figured it would be better or "suprising" to hit hard off the bat instead of setting up with calm mind and then when your opponet thinks you are spec'ed or something switch moves and hopfully hurt two pokemons or even get a key KO idk thanks for the feedback though :)

Absol@Choice Specs

Modest

EVs: 252 Sp. Atk./252 Spd./6 HP

-Dark Pulse; STAB
-Flamethrower; deals with annoying steels/Water Pulse; maybe for Steelix
-Future Sight; potential later turn KOs?
-Thunderbolt; Aerodactyl and other flyers/ water pokes

That's my new set for Absol, the analysis said that Absol could work for a Choice Specs set and I decided to make one and I know it's far from perfect and it probably looks just like the analysis except for the addition of Choice Specs and the arranging of some new moves.

Absol@Choice Specs

Modest

EVs: 252 Sp. Atk./252 Spd./6 HP

-Dark Pulse; STAB
-Flamethrower; deals with annoying steels/Water Pulse; maybe for Steelix
-Future Sight; potential later turn KOs?
-Thunderbolt; Aerodactyl and other flyers/ water pokes

That's my new set for Absol, the analysis said that Absol could work for a Choice Specs set and I decided to make one and I know it's far from perfect and it probably looks just like the analysis except for the addition of Choice Specs and the arranging of some new moves.
Future sight is a big no-no. At least replace it with water pulse.

You are better off with

Ice Beam for those grasses
Flamethrower for all of those steels
Thunderbolt for fliers/waters in UU
Dark Pulse for stab

Yeah I was thinking Ice Beam but didn't know if their was many dragons in UU so I just decided not to put it on and I just put Future Sight on there for filler I guess, thanks for the input:)

@Shelcario: I have seen this relatively often =0

Well,rate my Infernape ^_^:
@ Passho Berry (Water-Resist-Berry)
EVs: 6 HP 252 Sp.Atk 252 Spe (Timid)
- Flamethrower
- Gras Knot
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
i tested this Guy a lot of in Shoddy,and it worked great,it surprises everyone and the most Counters of Infernape get owned by this Set,now the Damage Calcs(after 1 CM):

Surf from Vaporeon (Average,70 Special Attack EVs,with Berry): 36 %
Surf from Starmie (Average,252 Special Attack EVs,with Berry): 42 %
Psychic from Cresselia (Average,0 Special Attack EVs): 51 %

What do you think about this ? ^_^

Are you referring to my Absol set?

EDIT: I think your set could have problems if your trying to use Slack Off that your opponent will just send in a Garchomp and EQ you, but since your set is a surprise factor I think it's pretty good.

EDIT2: Also while your Calm Minding what are the chances again that your opponent won't send in a counter such as Cresselia while your setting up and will be Calm Minding up right beside your Infernape and will eventually destroy your Infernape.

Shelcario, any attack is better than future sight. It is typeless. I know it says psychic, but it is typeless, and it forces absol to switch out immediatly.

How is future sight typeless? It has a type listed for it.

EDIT: Also could a special sweeping Dusknoir be viable?

EDIT2:

Dusknoir@Choice Specs

Modest

EVs: 252 Sp. Atk./200 HP/29 Def./29 Sp. Def.

-Charge Beam; for sp. atk. boost and fliers,waters
-Shadow Ball; STAB
-Ice Beam/HP Fire; IB for grasses/ fliers or HP Fire for steels,grasses,bug
-Focus Blast; steels,normals,rocks,darks

This set reaches 376.5 Sp. Atk. w/ all the boosts from choice specs, EVs and nature and it becomes even higher with charge beam boosts. It also reaches 313 in each defense and 281 in HP but what is wrong with this set is there is no recovery for him so he's going to be only for sweeping. I'm also worried about the low accuracy percentage on Focus Blast so maybe I could replace it with Dark Pulse?

How is future sight typeless? It has a type listed for it.
even though it has a type, it always hits for neutral damage no matter what.

I really don't see why you'd use Dusknoir as a special sweeper when Gengar outclasses it in nearly every way. Gengar's special attack can be higher than 376 without even using specs, making it much more versatile. Not to mention it's a million times faster.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
*The following set is designed to be played in the Suspect Test Ladder*

The metagame in the suspect ladder is far removed from the standard one most of us are used to. Funny how changing such small things can have such big effects. But anyway, as a consequence of the absence of Garchomp, a lot of pokemon have turned to paralysis in order to protect their team from getting swept. All a manner of pokemon have this, and some surprising ones such as Gyarados.
Personally, I hate it when a random Thunder Waver ruins my own Salamence or Gyarados sweep. Therefore, I have invented a set that can use paralysis to actually boost its own strength, while at the same time supporting the above mentioned pokemon.

Say hello to GyroGross.

- Gyro Ball
- Hammer Arm / Earthquake
- ThunderPunch / Bullet Punch
- Explosion
Now, before you go "lol wtf ur tryin to use Gyro Ball w somethin w 70 base spd!!!???!?!11" I'll explain the logic behind this set. The crux is to get paralysed, and usually it is very obvious that a Thunder Wave is coming your way. It has now become a standard move on Celebi, Blissey, etc. With 0 Speed IVs and a -ve nature, this Metagross sits at 130 Speed. Throw some paralysis in and you've got yourself one heck of a slow pokemon - 32 Spe. This makes Shuckle look like Deoxys-s.
At this low speed, Gyro Ball powers up to insane levels against most opposing pokemon, hitting its max base power of 150 against any pokemon with 195 or more speed. Now consider this - you have a sweeper that is immune to status and is throwing STAB 150 base power moves around from an effective Atk stat of 526. OuCH.

Hammer Arm helps to lower your speed some more, allowing you to hit even more foes harder. It also smashes Magnezone trying to outsmart you by Magnet Rising. ThunderPunch stops pesky Waters from ruining your fun and resisting Gyro Ball. The combination of Steel, Fighting/Ground, and Electric hits every pokemon in the game for neutral damage, bar Shedinja and Rotom. Explosion is self explanatory - go out with a boom once you're done with your rampage. Bullet Punch is an interesting option, as it bypasses Metagross' speed and hits with a powerful attack against anything that manages to survive, although you do become limited in type coverage then.
Now for some damage calculations for your viewing pleasure (all these assume the opposing pokemon is running no speed EVs):

Paralysed Life Orb Gyro Ball vs 252/220 Bold Celebi - 66% - 78%

Paralysed Life Orb Gyro Ball vs 252/252 Bold Gliscor - 63% - 75%

Paralysed Life Orb Gyro Ball vs 120/0 DD Mence - 121% - 141%

Paralysed Life Orb Gyro Ball vs 252/0 Adamant Machamp - 85% - 100%

Paralysed Life Orb Gyro Ball vs 252/4 Calm Togekiss - 101% - 119%
There we have it, folks. Just shows how much damage can be done with this Metagross set. I know it's extremely unorthodox and it doesn't sound like it can work, but I have tested it, and with clever play it has proven to be extremely effective.

I'd really love people's opinions on this new set, it makes all the testing and calculations worth it. Thanks.
<

even though it has a type, it always hits for neutral damage no matter what.

I really don't see why you'd use Dusknoir as a special sweeper when Gengar outclasses it in nearly every way. Gengar's special attack can be higher than 376 without even using specs, making it much more versatile. Not to mention it's a million times faster.
Yeah but it's not meant to outclass Gengar because I know that Gengar is much better than Dusknoir but this is supposed to be new and creative movesets thread so that's the only reason that I made it for. I might even test it out sometime on Shoddy, in UU probably:)

Yeah but it's not meant to outclass Gengar because I know that Gengar is much better than Dusknoir but this is supposed to be new and creative movesets thread so that's the only reason that I made it for. I might even test it out sometime on Shoddy, in UU probably:)
I know that. But it's possible to make new movesets without them being 99% outclassed by another pokemon of the same tier. besides noir is OU not UU

*The following set is designed to be played in the Suspect Test Ladder*

The metagame in the suspect ladder is far removed from the standard one most of us are used to. Funny how changing such small things can have such big effects. But anyway, as a consequence of the absence of Garchomp, a lot of pokemon have turned to paralysis in order to protect their team from getting swept. All a manner of pokemon have this, and some surprising ones such as Gyarados.
Personally, I hate it when a random Thunder Waver ruins my own Salamence or Gyarados sweep. Therefore, I have invented a set that can use paralysis to actually boost its own strength, while at the same time supporting the above mentioned pokemon.

Say hello to GyroGross.

- Gyro Ball
- Explosion
Now, before you go "lol wtf ur tryin to use Gyro Ball w somethin w 70 base spd!!!???!?!11" I'll explain the logic behind this set. The crux is to get paralysed, and usually it is very obvious that a Thunder Wave is coming your way. It has now become a standard move on Celebi, Blissey, etc. With 0 Speed IVs and a -ve nature, this Metagross sits at 130 Speed. Throw some paralysis in and you've got yourself one heck of a slow pokemon - 32 Spe. This makes Shuckle look like Deoxys-s.
At this low speed, Gyro Ball powers up to insane levels against most opposing pokemon, hitting its max base power of 150 against any pokemon with 195 or more speed. Now consider this - you have a sweeper that is immune to status and is throwing STAB 150 base power moves around from an effective Atk stat of 526. OuCH.

Hammer Arm helps to lower your speed some more, allowing you to hit even more foes harder. It also smashes Magnezone trying to outsmart you by Magnet Rising. ThunderPunch stops pesky Waters from ruining your fun and resisting Gyro Ball. The combination of Steel, Fighting/Ground, and Electric hits every pokemon in the game for neutral damage, bar Shedinja and Rotom. Explosion is self explanatory - go out with a boom once you're done with your rampage. Bullet Punch is an interesting option, as it bypasses Metagross' speed and hits with a powerful attack against anything that manages to survive, although you do become limited in type coverage then.
Now for some damage calculations for your viewing pleasure (all these assume the opposing pokemon is running no speed EVs):

Paralysed Life Orb Gyro Ball vs 252/220 Bold Celebi - 66% - 78%

Paralysed Life Orb Gyro Ball vs 252/252 Bold Gliscor - 63% - 75%

Paralysed Life Orb Gyro Ball vs 120/0 DD Mence - 121% - 141%

Paralysed Life Orb Gyro Ball vs 252/0 Adamant Machamp - 85% - 100%

Paralysed Life Orb Gyro Ball vs 252/4 Calm Togekiss - 101% - 119%
There we have it, folks. Just shows how much damage can be done with this Metagross set. I know it's extremely unorthodox and it doesn't sound like it can work, but I have tested it, and with clever play it has proven to be extremely effective.

I'd really love people's opinions on this new set, it makes all the testing and calculations worth it. Thanks.
<
That is awesome! I had thought of it on starmie but nahhhhhhhhhhh.
The damage is crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just one flaw, it always goes last, so it might need TR, and occasional para hax would hurt a lot.......

But still an awesome set!

Well, here's my set for a anti-Tar luke plz type LOL if you think the set is viable.
Lucario@leftovers/shell bell
-CC
-HP ice
-roar
-Vaccum wave/psychic/bullet punch/extreme speed
evs:160hp,0 atk,120def,58spd,132spatk,40spdef,relaxed
well, use it's awesome resistance of Tar's Stab and counter it with CC, if you predicts a gengar, use psychic, if you foresee a gliscor, use HP ice, with the spatk evs, it should kill gliscor. CC can only 2HKO magnezone, but i don't think it can live the t-bolt, or you can change roar to EQ. Well i am lazy and don't calc, calc yourself and see you next time!

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wow 1234gjy, thanks a lot =)! That really made my (birth=p)day. I thought everybody would be like lol Gyro Ball wtf, but it's good to see that other people think it could work.
<

Say hello to GyroGross.

- Gyro Ball
- Explosion

<
Cool set. I'm going to try and test it asap. Though I think I'm going to go for Gyro Ball - Hammer Arm - Bullet Punch - Explosion/ T-Punch. Ugly coverage, however that is not the point.

DawnBringer

The thrill of attempting to get what you will neve
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The damage calculations are appealing, but previously mentioned, parahax isn't exactly friendly.

Some damage calcs though are abit off, Celebi only takes 65%-77%, and Gliscor takes 62%-71% and Machamp gets OHKO'd. o.O

I didn't bother checking the other ones.

I really think you'd just be better off using CBgross. Since CB MM is just as strong as max power gyro ball but doesn't require paralysis support.

I know that. But it's possible to make new movesets without them being 99% outclassed by another pokemon of the same tier. besides noir is OU not UU
HOLY CRAP, I must've had a retard moment because I knew he was OU and I have no idea why I posted that:) I was just posting the set because I thought that it was a cool idea but I guess you guys aren't that impressed:(

Another new set to hopefully redeem myself:) Also sorry for the double post, I know I'm getting annoying in this thread:)

Dewgong@Choice Band

Impish/Adamant

EVs: 252 Atk./200 HP/58 Def.

-Waterfall; STAB
-Avalanche; for his slowness and more STAB
-filler
-filler

The last two moves I wasn't sure I was going to put Rain Dance for Hydration/statuses and Aqua Ring for healing. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: I also realized that for Rain Dance and Aqua Ring that once you used these moves you'd have to switch due to Choice Bands' effect.

I really think you'd just be better off using CBgross. Since CB MM is just as strong as max power gyro ball but doesn't require paralysis support.
STOP DESTROYING GYRO GROSS WITH YOUR WORDS ABOUT CB GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are pros and cons to both: CBGross is locked into a move, whereas Gyro Gross is paralyzed, meaning he may just sit there doing the bacon for a round.

ok people.

let's refocus here. this is a new and CREATIVE moveset thread. slapping a choice band or choice specs on pokemon with subpar stats is neither new nor creative. try things that are unconventional. otherwise, this is just a waste of time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)