DP Bronzong

This is the Bronzong set I've been using to fantastic success.

www.smogon.com/pokemon/dp/bronzong

[SET]
name: Screener
move 1: Light Screen
move 2: Reflect
move 3: Gyro Ball / Earthquake
move 4: Explosion
item: Light Clay
ability: Levitate
nature: Relaxed
IVs: 0 Spe
evs: 252 HP / 152 Atk / 8 Def / 96 SpD

<p> Bronzong is arguably one of the best transition pokemon in the game, able to come in on his multitude of resists and force many pokemon to switch out. This set is designed specifically to benefit the team by using every switch in to set up an 8 turn screen for the team. As far as attacks go, Gyro Ball will allow Bronzong to easily defeat fast opponents such as Gengar, Yanmega, and Deoxys... all of whom will struggle to do damage with the appropriate screen in place. Earthquake is always a favorable option on Bronzong for nailing Heatran, Infernape, and Magnezone switch-ins. Explosion rounds out the set by allowing a teammate a free switch in after a screen is in place. </p>

Yes, this is a fantastic set that I used a lot. Glad to see it getting some love:

<p> Bronzong is arguably one of the best transition pokemon in the game, able to come in on his multitude of resists and force many pokemon to switch out. This set is designed specifically to benefit the team by using every switch in to set up an 8 turn screen for the team. As far as attacks go, Gyro Ball will allow Bronzong to easily defeat fast opponents such as Gengar, Yanmega, and Deoxys, all of whom will struggle to do damage with the appropriate screen in place. Earthquake is always a favorable option on Bronzong for nailing Heatran, Infernape, and Magnezone switch-ins. Explosion rounds out the set by allowing a teammate a free switch in after a screen is in place.</p>
just 3 little fixes.

Although besides that, I would mention Lum Berry as an option. When you mentioned Yanmega and Gengar, they can both easily sleep Bronzong and no screens go up. Lum Berry was my item when I used it and I think it is a fine option.

I'd add something about the benifits of the two screens. Also, Hypnosis might deserve a comment in the Set Comments. Finally, you forgot to put the [SET COMMENTS] tag.

Sure Light Clay is good but i feel you should mention lefties
It will let brozong last for longer periods during the game for a measly 3 turns less screen fade
other then that this set looks beast ^^ maybe include sassy nature as well as relaxed
for Speed IV make it 0-4 that lets gryo ball do the same dmg as a 0 speed IV yet you out speed other zongs.

I think the effects of an 8 turn screen are more important than leftovers or lum berry. Since this is a transition pokemon and not a lead, you really should be having something else take the sleep tbh.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
I love this set since the first time you showed it to me, and Light Clay is definitely superior on this set, as you aren't trying to do what the other ones do.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I actually run a similar set except on Starmie :/. The only reason I used Starmie instead of Bronzong is because I ran into Taunt/Magnet Rise Probopass lol.

One thing though, what do the attack EVs do? I run less than 100 and the analysis sets only runs 128. I was just wondering what Bronzong needed those attack EVs for? It's usually just setting up screens and switching out rather than attacking, I'm not sure such a hefty attack investment is necessary.

Gyro Ball with that set OHKOs Gengar, and Azelf after Stealth Rock I believe, which is pretty handy. I found them useful... and it gives Explosion quite a bang too.

Shame to see this go off the front page, without being added to the Analysis. I'll be uploading soon, if nobody else does and if there aren't any further comments or corrections to be added.

Speaking of which, i've been using this set in Ubers (with a slighty different spread) but have used Hypnosis over the second attacking move (Earthquake / Gyro Ball). I think it deserves a mention as it gives you a free turn to set up a Screen. Furthermore, Hypnosis/ Explosion basically allows Bronzong to not only set up your Team's defenses, it can potentially take out two of the opponent's pokemon.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Np, edited RaikouLover's Screener set into my thread. Unless you have anymore changes to add in it should be ready to go up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)