Advice From Competitive Battlers (Redone)

TEAM OMEGA!!! ADVICE FROM COMPETITIVE BATTLERS!!!

Hi, again..I wrote a previous post without taking a look at the guidelines and whatnot, so sorry for wasting some of your time. I now have it redone with only one of my teams and with info such as Abilities/EV's/Moves and descriptions as to why their on my team. Also, I would like strong advice on the best natures/EV's for these pkmn.

TEAM OMEGA
(AT A GLANCE:)

IN DEPTH:

Brozong w/Leftovers
Nickname: Gonzo
Ability:Levitate
Evs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 SpD
Nature: Sassy
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Hypnosis
- Earthquake/Reflect/Light SCreen

I've switched out Spiritomb for Brozong, and he's known as one of the best starters in the metagame. With excellent typing, he fits in to alot of teams. I only have a problem deciding between using Earthquake Reflect or Light Screen in the last slot. Looking for advice on that.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Azelf w/Life Orb
Nickname: Willpower
Ability: Levitate
EVs: (Havent touched Azelf since I caught it)
- Psychic
- Nasty Plot
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot

This is supposed to be my special sweeper...but I'm cursed with a nature (Sassy) that even though it increases special defense, it lowers speed...and it's been difficult to find a Timid nature Azelf in the GTS...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Starmie
Nickname: Diamond
Abiltity: Natural Cure
Evs: 160 HP / 132 SpA/ 216 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Surf

My Rapid Spin Starmie. I chose Thunderbolt over Ice Beam to take care of the likes of Gyrados. Thanks to smogon for letting me know not to use rapid spin without the help of recover. (I used to have Psychic in this slot.) I put most of it's EV's into it's speed but I didn't forget Speed or HP as well.

Tyranitar w/Choice band
Nickname: Tyrant
Ability: Sandstorm
Evs: 4HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
Nature: Adamant
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

I've switched Electivire for Tyranitar because his ability helps Garchomp. His Pursuit can also knock out Blissey and Cresselia, who are threatful walls to this team.

Infernape w/Muscle Band
Nickname:Monkeyfist
Ability: Blaze
Evs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
Nature: Jolly
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Another Physical Sweeper used to take out dragons like Salamence, and Dragonite with Stone Edge..there isn't much to say about him. Except that he's strong and hits hard...:) People speak of the Mixed Sweeper Infernape doing better...need advice on that since Azelf already has grass knot and nasty plot.

Garchomp w/No item
Nickname: Chompster
Ability: Sand Veil
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge
- Eathquake
- Swords Dance

As you can see I changed my Rhyperior to Garchomp. Lots of things help with this change. I don't have 3 pkmn sharing the same weakness (E-vire, Ape, and Rhyperior all had EQ Weaknesses) and Garchomp can take care of many pokemon. I save him for last to do some late battle sweeping. Tell me what you guys think on this change.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Well that's all of it. Open to any type of criticism, advice, anything...to make this team open to competitive battling..and thanks toll that help.

If spiritomb is your lead pokemon, put it first on your post instead of azelf to avoid confusing people.

Hi, again..I wrote a previous post without taking a look at the guidelines and whatnot, so sorry for wasting some of your time. I now have it redone with only one of my teams and with info such as Abilities/EV's/Moves and descriptions as to why their on my team. Also, I would like strong advice on the best natures/EV's for these pkmn.

TEAM OMEGA
(AT A GLANCE:)

IN DEPTH:

Azelf w/Life Orb
- Psychic
- Nasty Plot
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot

This is supposed to be my special sweeper...but I'm cursed with a nature (Sassy) that even though it increases speed it decreases it's special attack...and it's been difficult to find a Timid nature Azelf in the GTS...

Swampert w/Leftovers
Nickname: Jetswamp
Abiltity: Torrent
Evs: No Idea
Nature: Hasty
- Avalanche
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roar- (should I have curse here instead?)

I had this Swampert since Emerald and happened to lvl it to 100 before I had any idea about EV's...so I would like advice on a good nature/ev setup...and if curse is a good idea for a move. But Swampert is my bulky water pokemon..supposed to be the one to take hits and use Stealth Rock on pkmn like Salamence and Dragonite, etc.

Electivire w/Expert Belt
Nickname: Sparksvire
Ability: Motor Drive
- ThunderPunch
- Ice Punch
- Cross Chop
- Earthquake

What can I say about Sparksvire? I believe him to be my prized pokemon...he was the FIRST pkmn that I ev trained. (I've just recently wanted to battle competitively.) He is my physical sweeper.. and he does it well. A physical ice move to take out dragons..a fighting move that can (almost) OHKO a Blissey, lol. No matter how many times my team has changed, he always had to have a part in it.

Infernape w/Muscle Band
Nickname:Monkeyfist
Ability: Blaze
Evs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
Nature: Jolly
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Another Physical Sweeper used to take out dragons like Salamence, and Dragonite with Stone Edge..there isn't much to say about him. Except that he's strong and hits hard...:) People speak of the Mixed Sweeper Infernape doing better...need advice on that since Azelf already has grass knot and nasty plot.

Spiritomb w/Leftovers
Nickname: Grudge 2
Ability:Pressure
Evs: Need help on good ev
Nature: Naive but need help on better nature
- Sucker Punch or Pursuit?
- Will-o-wisp
- Taunt
- Pain Split

Spiritomb has helped me alot as a starter pokemon..and is a great Azelf/Gengar/Alakazam counter...but the setback is how I didn't ev train him, and his nature increases special attack and lowers speed...so need strong advice on him.

Rhyperior w/No item
Nickname: Richard
Ability: Solid Rock
Evs: Mostly put into HP and Defence
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Avalanche
- Eathquake

I need strong advice on him...even though he's a good wall...Swampert does alot of Rhyperior does such as Stealth Rock and Avalanche...and I need advice on if I should switch to Garchomp instead..but I already have two Physical Sweepers (Electivire and Infernape) Even though I'm thinking of switching Infernape to the MixApe variant.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Well that's all of it. Open to any type of criticism, advice, anything...to make this team open to competitive battling..and thanks toll that help.
Your Azelf is great but don't forget it's Attack too try giving it Fireblast which is better then flamethrower. and get Rest since Defense and HP aren't it's strong points and give it a Chesto berry to get back up after rest

Swampert is like Empoleon it relies on it's dominante Stat but it's move pool doesn't provide it with that like Empoleon has good SpA but has more Physical moves rather then specialand vice versa but EQ is a good move to shake off Metagross and such and get it Avalanche to shake off OU'd types like dragon, ground, rock, grass, bug, flying because ice type moves really help. and have Mirror Coat as people will use moves like Giga drain and go for your SpD since it is weaker and waterfall for basic STAB movements and it helps with Kyorgre too!

Love the Electivire here! no advice from me on this fella

OMG! with that Infernape power is no object! you can powerhouse a team down! pokes are expected to die after 2 turns!

try givng it these EVs:252 Def, 252 SpD, 6 Atk you must have it as a good stall but i like shukle as a GOD Staller!

you should replace Avalanche with Ice fang but too late for that now! but like your infernape this thing is mad with power

Sorry i couldn't give more but it's like 2:30 AM here and i am enjoying my last day to stay up late in summer :(

It's cool...but thanks for the advice Silver! Electivire and Infernape were the two I put the most work into.

And Swampert with Mirror Coat sounds nice. Also, what is anyone's advice on a Swampert with Curse? (Since he already has slow speed)

Rhyperior is one that I keep on thinking I replace with Garchomp since he shares Rhyperior shares the same weakness (Ground) with Electivire and Infernape...

first and foremost, give everything proper EV's and items. of course you'll be losing if you don't have these basics covered. okay, after that's taken care of...

1. you have a major gyarados weak. the likes of e-vire are NOT a stable gyara counter. DD + EQ = no fun

2. mamoswine puts a huge dent into your team.

3. ape hurts big time. all you can do is revenge kill it, and it'll just switch out.

4. ever heard of garchomp? the number one threat in the OU metagame? the thing that destroys this team?

5. cress is gonna be a bitch for you to kill with this team. all you can do is try and outstall it with spiritomb. if it's down then you're gonna have to wait a while for the match to go anywhere. i'm not saying you'll have a decent chance of winning either.

6. major toxic spikes weak.

how do we fix all this? after you've given these guys proper EV's and items (be a perfectionist. no fuzzy logic allowed), replace something (probably swampert) with starmie. it helps with gyara for one thing and it gets rid of the toxic spikes by spinning. revenge kills mamo as well, so that's cool.

i second the notion to replace rhyperior with garchomp. use a scarfed version, probably jolly max speed. when enemy garchomps are going nuts with outrage, at least you can revenge kill it.

i'll leave it here for now. probably more weaknesses there but this is a start.

EDIT: Replaced Rhyperior with Garchomp.

Replaced Swampert with Starmie.

Would Brozong do a better job as a lead than Spiritomb?

But now with Swampert gone..I have no one to put stealth rock down...anyone's thoughts on this?

Your right Brozong can do that...but can he do a better job starting than Spiritomb? (I currently have him on another team of mine..)

Your right Brozong can do that...but can he do a better job starting than Spiritomb? (I currently have him on another team of mine..)
You can argue this to fuck. Both are good starters and they both have their moments when they shine the best. Frankly, I use Roserade as a lead most of the time, and it provides excellent support and Toxic Spikes. Gengar fucks it though and Deo/Azelf Leads, while common, are just unoriginal imo. So, go Zong.

But, I have some little help to offer.
1. Your team would love another levitator/flyer since Toxic Spikes rapes otherwise, possibly replacing Rhyperior. If you need a wall like Rhyperior, Cress does not do a bad job, as well as providing some needed Status absorbing, which Cress does well.
2. Spinners are good for teams like this, where Hazards will immediately put you at a disadvantage. As already mentioned, Starmie over Swampert will help you out lots.

Your exactly right about Brozong and Spiritomb. Which is why Brozong is the lead on my other team, lol. You said replace Rhyperior but now..I have Garchomp in his place. Would it be smart to switch him Crescelia? (seeing as how Azelf is the same type)

Well if spiritomb dies, then Yanmega is a huge threat. (Even chomp takes a lot of incoming damage.) So, I'd actually recommend Bliss over Nape or Vire, this way, you have a reasonable threat towards yanmega. 2 Sweepers is enough anyway.

Yeah, I might replace Nape with Bliss because I already have Garchomp and Electivire....I also need a good sweeper for my other team so Nape would fit in nicely.

Also, would replacing one of Azelf's moves with Explosion be a good idea?

Drop either Grass Knot or Nasty Plot for Explosion, but it's not really required unless you like a BlissWall!

Azelf w/Life Orb
- Psychic
- Nasty Plot
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot

This is supposed to be my special sweeper...but I'm cursed with a nature (Sassy) that even though it increases speed it decreases it's special attack...and it's been difficult to find a Timid nature Azelf in the GTS...
[/quote]

alright just letting you know sassy doesn't increase speed it takes away from it and then it adds to sp. def

Garchomp w/No item
If you added that to try to handle your Garchomp problem, you might want to go 252 Spe/Choice Scarf. Can out speed even Deoxys-E, and is usually unexpected. Plus, when you do finally use Outrage, you will outspeed and damage nearly everything.

if you wanna replace infernape with bliss then replace garchomp's stone edge with fire fang so its not get walled by zong

Use the analysis 'It's super effective!' set on Electivire. Thunderbolt hits the things that don't like electric attacks (physically bulky waters, skarmory, gyarados, ect) much harder than thunderpunch.

Thanks for the advice on giving Fire Fang on Garchomp, Neku. and Keitharr I was a little skeptical on trying Thunderbolt with Electivire, because I thought with his amazing attack...that Thunderpunch would be stronger..but I'll try it out!

Add Bronzong as Lead over Spiritomb,since Scarfgarchomp is able to OHKO every Member of your Team except Spiritomb(2hko).And why dont you give Garchomp a Item ? Give him Yache Berry or Life Orb please.Cresselia walls you easily,that's why you should replace Electrivire with Tyranitar (The Choice Band Version),it'd work great in your Team with Pursuit,which knocks Cresselia,Blissey out.After that happened Azelf and Infernape can Sweep alot.Tyranitars Ability Sandstorm is also great for Garchomp.

Your right Baris, I noticed that alot of teams had Tyranitar and Garchomp on the same team....but would everything still work out instead of replacing Electivire I replace Infernape?

Thanks for the advice on giving Fire Fang on Garchomp, Neku. and Keitharr I was a little skeptical on trying Thunderbolt with Electivire, because I thought with his amazing attack...that Thunderpunch would be stronger..but I'll try it out!
In raw power, it is, but most of the things you're hitting with electric attacks (bulky waters, skarmory, ect.) have lower sp. def, and Electivire still has a strong special attack, with a few EVs tbolt is just as powerful as thunderpunch in virtually all OU situations. I used to use an Electivire all of the time but found him to be lacking in power, he'd always get a few drive boosts but he usually only got one or two attacks off before getting forced out by something that he can't hit for SE damage, or something that doesn't care about his unboosted attacks like Hippowdon.

'Vire's main problem is the lack of attack boosts, he can get speed alright but he still really lacks the power to kill walls, especially if you're running thunderpunch.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Quit it with the 'stealth bumps' in your thread. Deleted posts are still visible to moderators. You have no bumps remaining, and if you are caught deleting double or triple posts after bumping this thread in the future, you will be infracted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)