Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
4. Ditto

Adamant/Lonely/Naughty - Pressure
IV's: 31 | 25+ | X | X | X | 31
Notables: GAMESTP Deoxys (Wondercard)
Cherish Ball

Thats just an example I got from a thread.

Is it possible to to make a wondercard to make your think you can get this or any other event? How legit is it?

Does synchronize work on pokemon with world sprites such as azelf, palkia, or uxie?
In D/P it works on all the legends except the runners (mesprit, cresselia). In Emerald it doesn't work on legends, only with wild pokemon.

4. Ditto

Adamant/Lonely/Naughty - Pressure
IV's: 31 | 25+ | X | X | X | 31
Notables: GAMESTP Deoxys (Wondercard)
Cherish Ball

Thats just an example I got from a thread.

Is it possible to to make a wondercard to make your think you can get this or any other event? How legit is it?
Most people accept them but you are not allowed to ask how to get them or if they are legit or not so you have to find them on your own because hacking discussion is against the rules.
There was a debate thread about wondercards some time ago in wifi so you could read that if you are interested in other people's opinions.

In D/P it works on all the legends except the runners (mesprit, cresselia). In Emerald it doesn't work on legends, only with wild pokemon.

Most people accept them but you are not allowed to ask how to get them or if they are legit or not so you have to find them on your own because hacking discussion is against the rules.
There was a debate thread about wondercards some time ago in wifi so you could read that if you are interested in other people's opinions.
Hmmm, could you pm me a link to the topic and a link on how to do them?

The topic was created by Tangerine, it should be easy to find with the search function so you better search it yourself.
Regarding the second part, I don't use them myself but use google and you should find something.

I realized that even though Electivire is OU...he's not used much in teams. Can someone tell give me a good team that can work with him?

I realized that even though Electivire is OU...he's not used much in teams. Can someone tell give me a good team that can work with him?
We aren't allowed to let make people teams. Just make a team of pokemon you'd like to use. If they don't work change them. And work out any problems until you've got yourself a nice team. Check the RMT's and see some common OU pokemon.

Alright, thanks jujomi...and I do have a RMT topic called "Advice from Competitive Battlers (Redone). If you or anyone else can help..it would be great. Looking forward to lots of advice, and criticism.

and New question: Where are all the ladders located on this site? I want to see all the teams and where they are ranked. Also, what is the difference between OU Standard and OU Suspect?

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
and New question: Where are all the ladders located on this site? I want to see all the teams and where they are ranked. Also, what is the difference between OU Standard and OU Suspect?
You mean the leaderboards? Right here: http://www.smogon.com/shoddybattle/leaderboard/

OU Standard is just the standard metagame as you currently understand it and OU Suspect is where "suspect" Pokemon (and I guess moves for the eventually Stealth Rock test) are being tested to see their impact on the metagame if they are removed. Currently Garchomp and Deoxys-S are the two suspects banned on the Suspect ladder. You can read about this process in the Policy Review forum.

Thanks Caelum for showing me where the leaderboards were...I just thought it showed their teams too..but I guess I cant see them unless those users post them or something...

So Suspect is pretty much Standard minus those two pokemon? I've heard of people saying that Garchomp should be moved to Uber...

Yes, that's why the Suspect Ladder was made, to see if Garchomp should be moved to Uber. And yes, Suspect is Standard minus Deoxys-S and Garchomp. This allows for different defending strategies to be used...the removal of these two has a bigger impact than you might think.

Whats a good HP EV spread for a Dusknoir with an IV of 24 in order to maximize Leftovers recovery?

Dusknoir
Careful
24/31/31/x/31/16

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@JohtoPro - I suggest you give it 252EVs in HP anyway, since his HP stat is very poor and all the EVs will help. 252 EVs and an IV of 24 gives you 287, which is 1 off a lefties number =p.
192 EVs will give you the next lowest leftovers number at 272.
<

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Whats a good HP EV spread for a Dusknoir with an IV of 24 in order to maximize Leftovers recovery?

Dusknoir
Careful
24/31/31/x/31/16
The majority of the time I find Leftovers numbers kinda pointless. I just ignore that. I'd say just max out that Dusknoir's HP stat. My general rule is that you only use Leftovers numbers when in the scenario that you need a certain amount of HP w/ defense EVs to survive a specific attack. If a Leftovers number is nearby I usually do it but otherwise I wouldn't bother.

Alright thanks guys, btw I've been pondering over the moveset and I'm wondering what of firepunch/thunderpunch/earthquake/shadow sneak(meh) for the two attackslots. Running Pain Split and Will O' Wisp (which I assume is the better option over another attack since I'm running careful.)

I've been pondering over the moveset and I'm wondering what of firepunch/thunderpunch/earthquake/shadow sneak(meh) for the two attackslots. Running Pain Split and Will O' Wisp (which I assume is the better option over another attack since I'm running careful.)
I'd say Shadow Sneak, quite deadly on a beast like Dusknoir, especially as people expect it to always go last and may move accordingly.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Just like timw said always use Shadow Sneak, for the other move choose a punch that hits the pokemon which are threats to your team(T-Punch for Gyar, I-Punch for Dragons, F-Punch for Heracross)

LightWolf

lightwoof
Ice and Elec make a realy good coverage, and whit Fire/Ground Ghost/Dark nothing resists it. But I would use a non-attack move to, if its not a choice pokemon.

LightWolf

lightwoof
If its Smeargle than you should have one STAB so you could use Water+Normal whit only Empoleon resisting it, and if you add Bolt-Beam to it nothing does, but I don't know how well can a such smeargle work after the suprise factor is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)