With Garchomp Now in Uber....

Nothing will replace it. There is nothing in the current OU tier than can single handedly bring you from 5 - 2, to 2 - 0, as somebody already pointed out.

Finally, I can use some decent teams.
That's a pretty ridiculous statement. In fact, there are many Pokemon who do that better than Garchomp because if the opponent has five Pokemon on their team, odds are that they'll have something faster that can revenge-kill, which is more difficult to say about Lucario, Yanmega, Salamence, and Gyarados.

I've always liked Dragonite....but with his dragon brothers Salamence and Garchomp having more popularity...he hid in the shadows...and I barely see him in teams. Maybe with Garchomp gone, he might be in teams more?

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
I've always liked Dragonite....but with his dragon brothers Salamence and Garchomp having more popularity...he hid in the shadows...and I barely see him in teams. Maybe with Garchomp gone, he might be in teams more?
I've seen a few bulky Dragonite carrying a Yache Berry. Sadly, if the rumors are true about Salamence getting Outrage in Platinum, the only thing Dragonite can boast is having access to Thunder Wave, Heal Bell, ect.

So is Garchomp now in Ubers?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just looked at the poll for Garchomp voting and the results I think was the right one.

With Garchomp in uber, the Japanese will laugh at us like you guys do about them banning Swords Dance Heracross.

With Garchomp gone, I see this game becoming much more stallish with bulky Pokemon having much less to fear while they rest off damage or attempt to set up. Garchomp was a very reliable thing that kept them in check. The so-called "hyper offensive DP metagame" has lost its banner Pokemon.

I've been in 6-1 situations with Mismagus and come back to win.
I've been in that suituation once too, and it was epic. I had a SubCMKou that was paralyzed with a Sub and CM up, and I ended up winning the whole the tourney. It was 6 - 1 but it became 0 - 1

I've seen a few bulky Dragonite carrying a Yache Berry. Sadly, if the rumors are true about Salamence getting Outrage in Platinum, the only thing Dragonite can boast is having access to Thunder Wave, Heal Bell, ect.

Hahahah! If Salamence recieves Outrage in Platinum, he is the new and improved Garchomp. After a DD...ouch...can you imagine 3 DD outrage? Who'll outspeed that?!

I've used SD Gliscor before and never once was I able to sweep a team because of the general lack of Attack, Speed, and ability to break through the most common walls in D/P. Its a nice set but Gliscor should just be regulated to stopping Fighting Pokemon.
Same here. Worked better on paper for myself

froggy25

Bye RNGmon
is a Researcher Alumnus
With Garchomp in uber, the Japanese will laugh at us like you guys do about them banning Swords Dance Heracross.

With Garchomp gone, I see this game becoming much more stallish with bulky Pokemon having much less to fear while they rest off damage or attempt to set up. Garchomp was a very reliable thing that kept them in check. The so-called "hyper offensive DP metagame" has lost its banner Pokemon.
It's not the end of offensive teams at all.

The problem with garchomp is that even if you have several ways to deal with him, he still can walk over you because of sand veil... A monster with 394 atk + sd + EQ / Outrage / fire move didn't need sand veil at all...

I think this will make the metagame less random, and that it will allow more opportunities in team building. Yeah we no longer need several ways to be « quite safe » against garchomp, like the ice moves on several pokémon who can try to handle his hits, or who could try a revenge kill by being faster... or the scarfchomp to try to revenge kill the opponent chomp lol, aka « even if you're faster I have 16 % chance to kill you » (20 % to miss, then the opponent's chomp has 20 % to miss...), really I don't understand why you're complaining about the ban of this utterly broken monster xD

The thing I can't understand is why they gave him Sand Veil... without this ability, Garchomp could have been less problematic =/

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
1) I doubt the Japanese are even paying attention to us

2) Garchomp being gone actually allows a lot of other sweepers become a lot more effective (ie, garchomp was a major block standing in their way).

Outside of the rather archaeic chainchomp, garchomp's main role was never really wall breaking. With him gone, true wall breakers like Salamence, Infernape and Tyranitar have one less thing standing in their way, and that much room to really adjust themselves to stomp on walls. I think offensive teams are just as (if not more) viable without garchomp around.

The thing I can't understand is why they gave him Sand Veil... without this ability, Garchomp could have been less problematic =/
It got sand veil because it's a land shark that has sandstorm in it's moveset I'm guessing. tbh I don't think gamefreak cares about what some community consisting of less than 2% of all pokemon players considers "problematic".

I'm glad garchomp is banned now. Now I'll just wait for the same thing to happen to Deoxys.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, damn sandveil, they should have given him Huge Power [/sarcasm].

But seriously, there are some other abilities it could have had that would have been worse.

lol am i the only one that disagrees with this garchomp being uber? I think i am. Really, theres no reason for it to be uber as much as it owns. Eliminating pokemon from battles is really stupid. Your making the game less exciting. Garchomp can work in those 2 ways which helps the people win or lose. Eliminating pokemon just ruins the fun. This is the funniest thing ive heard about garchomp being uber. Its just so rediculious and I dont know how you guys are handling well lol. Making it uber is just ughh! Even though I hardly use garchomp its no reason to be uber. Yes I know you guys backed it up but I cant because im bad at explaining. Just eliminating pokemon and just controlling in were it should be ruins the fun. Especially for those people who dont play uber battles. -_- You guys take pokemon like its serious. Its for fun and dont needa hate on GARCHOMP. xDD

lol am i the only one that disagrees with this garchomp being uber? I think i am. Really, theres no reason for it to be uber as much as it owns. Eliminating pokemon from battles is really stupid. Your making the game less exciting. Garchomp can work in those 2 ways which helps the people win or lose. Eliminating pokemon just ruins the fun. This is the funniest thing ive heard about garchomp being uber. Its just so rediculious and I dont know how you guys are handling well lol. Making it uber is just ughh! Even though I hardly use garchomp its no reason to be uber. Yes I know you guys backed it up but I cant because im bad at explaining. Just eliminating pokemon and just controlling in were it should be ruins the fun. Especially for those people who dont play uber battles. -_- You guys take pokemon like its serious. Its for fun and dont needa hate on GARCHOMP. xDD
Be glad that Garchomp is the only ONE gone right now (stares at Deoxys-S)...
By overcentralizing the game, Garchomp had eliminated a lot more Pokemon because every single team has to take care of Garchomp... With that being said, now that Garchomp's gone, more old Pokemon, such as Weezing, Cresselia and Slowbro start to come back slowly... I've seen more today than what I usually see in a week.

I love Garchomp. I use one for Battle Tower, but it's just too powerful.

froggy25

Bye RNGmon
is a Researcher Alumnus
Eliminating pokemon from battles is really stupid.
So if Kyogre wasn't a legendary we shouldn't ban it ?

Also, I don't think there is something fun about seeing chomp doing some game-breaking in the metagame =/

not like that. The ubers now have an exception because 400+ or whatever damage they can do or take in the other hand, its so easy countering a garchomp. Even though chomp doing some game-breaking in metagame doesnt mean anything. Thats why its exciting because the game can turn around by one single move and thats what makes the game so much better. Theres so many ways to counter garchomp with or with out yache berry or with scarf on it. You just gotta be prepaired for one.

wow you guys really dont get what im trying to say or prove. UBERS now are AN EXCEPTION, there ubers for a real reason. there fine the way they are ( Also dont know why Lati twins are ubers as well) anyways going back on topic. Everyone knows how garchomp works. Yes it owns in battles but not so much that to be uber. Its just sad how people , especially people who support it think that garchomp should be uber. By the time you know it. Probably in like 3 years by now. EVERY SINGLE POKEMON THAT DOES OWN IN METAGAMES THAT IS OU IS GOING TO BE UBERS. I know that because you guys are elminating all the great pokemons that can change the battle slowly 1 at a time. Watch, after deoxys its going to be blissey. Damn, its just ruining the game. Remember its not for seriousness, its for the fun. Its exciting when games turn around even if its garchomp or whoever.

Hahahah! If Salamence recieves Outrage in Platinum, he is the new and improved Garchomp. After a DD...ouch...can you imagine 3 DD outrage? Who'll outspeed that?!
Salamence will NEVER be Garchomp, certainly not an 'improved' garchomp, sorry. Salamence does not have the bulk, he does not have the typing, he does not have the one turn sweeping power, he is not Garchomp. Get it through your head: Garchomp's role was completely unique, nothing will be filling his old job any time soon.

Anyways, the fact that Darkrai is getting Nasty Plot in platinum kinda frees up a test slot, I doubt he's going to be considered for tier movement now, considering we're already basically talking about a Gengar only inhibited by inferior typing, I think we all know just exactly how nasty plot Gengar would effect the game.

I just want deoxys-e banned the most... deoxys as a lead with taunt works too well. it can rain dance, dual screen, support etc..

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
252 SpA 252 Spe 6 HP

Dark Void
Nasty Plot
Focus Blast
Dark Pulse

Sleep a counter. Nasty Plot on the switch. Rape face. This is the new standard Darkrai I am thinking.

EDIT: I agree. I wanted Deoxys-E banned a lot more than Garchomp. Chomp was annoying, but Deoxys-E is even more so. It's basically guarenteed Stealth Rock, and it can set up dual screens... it's even hard to one shot Gengar when there is Light Screen and Reflect up >:(

The revenge killer Deoxys-E was cool, but these new support sets are so hard to beat. How do you stop the fastest pokemon in the game from setting up?

@ kietharr yea your def right. OH NO! with GENGAR having nasty plot. OH no! another uber discussion! FTW !! geez. Make pokemon more boring for us please. =) Eliminate all the great pokemons that there was. Im sure OU battles would be interesting with you guys eliminating. =) ughh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)