Pokemon Platinum - The definitive thread: Mach 3 (Competitive Discussion)

And good thing i am about to cryogenically freeze myself. I noticed how ice punch helped lucario overcome bold zapdos, then realized zapdos just got a nice little toy in the form of heat wave. Good for you zappy :D

When will shoddy be updated? I really don't feel like waiting until platinum comes out in us, that would fail hardcore.

So, Is the Japanese release tomorrow? Serebii said sept 13.
If so, Serebii is going to get fucking flooded tomorrow.

I'm not liking these new additions, many of them don't make sense. I mean, Seed Bomb Donphan? WTF?

I see an increase in Choice Band Donphan using Seed Bomb to overcome bulky waters. The Outrage move tutor means Dragonite is kicked in the head even harder by Salamence, and now even Gyarados possibly. Heat Wave Crobat/Zapdos is just...

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What sucks is we can't use the new giratina form and possibly the rotom forms and shaymin.
I still hope that it will be possible to use them on shoddy.

I was just thinking, couldn't Ice Beam Clear Body Tentacruel counter Skymin? Switches in, takes a neutral hit with no special D drop, threatens a KO with ice beam?

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Donphan back to OU would be a shame, it's been doing wonders for my latest BL team. =( And the fact that when the ladder's up, we have one less good spinner to use...

...Awesome? Yeah, I agree.

Heat Wave is just a hot gust of wind, guys.
lol people just want to see it in there heads like if they were watching the show.

i am a little scared that now Salamence might become uber. DDance and Outrage is just sick.:pimp:

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
must you really restrict yourself to BL pokemon only...?=__=
.....I play BL, not using a purely BL team in OU.

Yes, BL matches are rare, but it's still my primary playing tier.

Because it's better than every other tier, truth =D

It's just a shame that it's so discriminated against around here, given by your shallow statement....

.....I play BL, not using a purely BL team in OU.

Yes, BL matches are rare, but it's still my primary playing tier.

Because it's better than every other tier, truth =D
If Donphan is your favourite, just go for it. No one is stopping you from using it ^_^ BL is not a real tier anyway. No one is gonna point at you and say, "oh no, Donphan is 'OU'! Cheats!"

Outrage isn't that big of a deal.

I apoligize for sounding like a douche, but Seed Bomb adds EXTREME Type coverage for Donphan.
i really like the fact that i dont have to go through Emerald and Diamond just for move tutors on different pok's now my Metagross can just move tutor the punches for free. =D

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
If Donphan is your favourite, just go for it. No one is stopping you from using it ^_^ BL is not a real tier anyway.
I'm just going to stop here and not try to knock some logic into you.

Donphan isn't my favorite by any stretch, I use it because it's useful for my team. =( And yeah, but it's dishonest to use OU Pokemon in BL matches (even though it happens every few matches). There's a reason why I play it.

But please say something like that to an uber player's face and see the response you get. The phrase "faux tier" isn't meant to be taken literally. It just means that the tier is unbalanced.

Once I have access to a complete list of move tutor compatibilities (or even just raw data like from that rip of early DP), I'll put together a mod file that the Official Server will use. It will be publically available (probably posted in a topic here) so the Smogon Server can use it as well.

I'm just going to stop here and not try to knock some logic into you.

Donphan isn't my favorite by any stretch, I use it because it's useful for my team. =( And yeah, but it's dishonest to use OU Pokemon in BL matches (even though it happens every few matches). There's a reason why I play it.

But please say something like that to an uber player's face and see the response you get. The phrase "faux tier" isn't meant to be taken literally.
dude just let it go.

Alright, I will stop too before this becomes off topic =D

So has anyone looked at the new egg moves Gengar can learn? Nasty plot?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)