Pokemon Platinum - The definitive thread: Mach 3 (Competitive Discussion)

if you are serious im going to stop IV breeding so once the new sets are established onto their pokemon ill re-breed.
I'm not serious but that set gets pretty decent coverage.

gyarados with no hp/def takes 85% minimum from LO +0 crunch (so after 1 dd and intimidate) while max hp/def impish gyara takes 49~58 from crunch.

not exactly a stellar counter but a defensive gyara could help as long as oyu keep the rocks off

skarm beats it pretty soundly though. thunderpunch is always an option though xDD

lol gorm, where did you get the platinum dex entry for gengar?

Anyway, I feel that garchomp will make a return to OU, not that I ever use it. Scarfchomp is good to revenge kill most of these new threats IMO.

Just remember guys, this is ONLY the 212 tutor. These Pokemon will probably learn a lot more moves at the other tutors as well:

Mewtwo: Icy Wind, all elemental punches, Zen Headbutt, Trick
Vespiquen: Fury Cutter, Ominous Wind, Air Cutter
Electivire: Elemental punches

Physical Mewtwo is loving life, and Trick. Vespiquen gets screwed.

lol gorm, where did you get the platinum dex entry for gengar?

Anyway, I feel that garchomp will make a return to OU, not that I ever use it. Scarfchomp is good to revenge kill most of these new threats IMO.
I don't get what you mean. scarfogre is good at revenge killing all these new threats, too, but it's not turning OU anytime soon. So why should garchomp?

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Just remember guys, this is ONLY the 212 tutor. These Pokemon will probably learn a lot more moves at the other tutors as well:

Mewtwo: Icy Wind, all elemental punches, Zen Headbutt, Trick
Vespiquen: Fury Cutter, Ominous Wind, Air Cutter
Electivire: Elemental punches

Physical Mewtwo is loving life, and Trick. Vespiquen gets screwed.
Ok, maybe someone else can check the others for me later. :3

Mewtwo, <3!

Yeah, Air Cutter would be awesome on her if it weren't special. =( My dashed hopes of a crit-hax abusing wall along with Attack Order....

Ok, maybe someone else can check the others for me later. :3

Mewtwo, <3!

Yeah, Air Cutter would be awesome on her if it weren't special. =( My dashed hopes of a crit-hax abusing wall along with Attack Order....
I was hoping they'd be kind and give her a punch, or two. Her coverage just stinks.

wdro to see you make a post like that leads me to believe you are forfeiting your soul
Anything about gengar can catch my attention easily.
I made someone check out azelf and it gets:
knock off, zen headbutt, all three punches, and trick. wow rite?
wow, trick too? I don't like this gengar wannabe >=( I also don't like how the punches are learned by so many pokemon. It's like any pokemon with arms and fists can learn it. I always think brick break is the fight equivalent of the elemental punches. If azelf can get those punches, why can't it learn brick break also?

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
I was hoping they'd be kind and give her a punch, or two. Her coverage just stinks.
I prayed she would get Fire Punch. That's the sole move she badly badly needs that would probably be possible for her to learn. Hell, even Knock Off would be good considering the Bugs that got it....

I guess I'll just stick with my usual Attack Order/Aerial Ace/Destiny Bond/Roost and continue pairing her up with Blastoise or Donphan to force out those goddamn Rock and Steel type set-ups....

I prayed she would get Fire Punch. That's the sole move she badly badly needs that would probably be possible for her to learn. Hell, even Knock Off would be good considering the Bugs that got it....

I guess I'll just stick with my usual Attack Order/Aerial Ace/Destiny Bond/Roost and continue pairing her up with Blastoise or Donphan to force out those goddamn Rock and Steel type set-ups....
There is a chance for Heat Wave, or at very least, Earth Power in the other tutors. But I wouldn't count on it. :(

Yea at least physical azelf may be somewhat viable, though it doesn't get swords dance...meh. It could largely benefit from superpower though if it gets it, will have to wait and see.

(also maybe gengar's an azelf wanabe >:[)

lol Gengar wanted to be a pokemon that came out after him

Edit and I didnt realize Azelf's attack was base 125 too i'm totally gonna SR one!

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
There is a chance for Heat Wave, or at very least, Earth Power in the other tutors. But I wouldn't count on it. :(
Bleh. Attack Order/Heat Wave wouldn't be too bad, except that she loses the chance to screw around and punish choiced Fighters severely (unless you go AA > Destiny Bond, but I've actually found the latter to be super, super useful).

I'm going to be very unrealistic and ask for Seed Bomb (she does live in a honey tree...) Then people in UU would actually, maybe, give a rat's ass about her, because she is already shamefully underappreciated. Go vigilante BL players.

EvilMario, do you reckon you could see what moves Typhlosion gets?

A friend of mine wanted to try out a Physical set, and having ThunderPunch would be a fairly big gain.

sorry about the whole T-tar thing guys.

Outrage is going to help Flygon in usage, and Salamance. That might be bad. Dunno.

Looks like Azelf is going to become severly less predictable. trick and the punches will make it a pretty good lead. Trick other leading Azlefs using SR or thunderpunching gyarados. Ouch.

Might Ambipom get the punches? Sucker Punch would hurt on him.

Oh, and what about Synthesis on Sceptile. Sub-seeding just got a hell of alot easier for him and anyone else. Ludicolo could possibly get it too.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
I feel bad for poor Sceppy, it basically died with the introduction of Skymin.

Although it has a nice physical movepool (EDIT;; excellent physical movepool along with SD and the return of Thunderpunch), Dragon Pulse, Focus Blast (although what the hell it uses it for escapes me) and other random things to boot, so it's not an entire loss, but knowing OU, they prefer instant gratification stat-wise.

ughh...Gay chia-pet. I hate that thing. Its a horrible attempt at something new.

What do you think the Rotom forms will be? Definatly not UU. Perhaps BL?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)