Pokemon Platinum - The definitive thread: Mach 3 (Competitive Discussion)

Omg Ampharos gets Outrage. XDDD Its name does mean "electric dragon" in Japanese. :P Not that its useful...

Thanks for the tutors dbolt, but could someone check the Snowpoint tutor for Ampharos, Floatzel, and Rapidash? *hopes Amphy gets Magnet Rise*
just checked the Snowpoint tutor and Ampharos does get Magnet Rise. I'll check more stuff later.

Well, it's not QUITE as good as Tail Glow Ampharos I was hoping for, but it fits well on Amphy. Especially considering Ampharos already uses Substitute a lot. Not sure Focus Punch/Thunderbolt would provide great coverage, so we'll probably have to choose between Magnet Rise and Substitute. Oh well.

Well, it's not QUITE as good as Tail Glow Ampharos I was hoping for, but it fits well on Amphy. Especially considering Ampharos already uses Substitute a lot. Not sure Focus Punch/Thunderbolt would provide great coverage, so we'll probably have to choose between Magnet Rise and Substitute. Oh well.
there's always hope for new egg moves *runs before I get smacked by Anti*

still wanting someone to check jumpluff, cherrim, kecleon and dunsparce on all fo the tutors....its nice knowing SOME of the moves, but i'd like to know them all for completion :)

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
Oooh new egg moves = )
If you don't mind, can someone please look up Arcanine? He seems to have been ignored (at least I didn't see him) and some cool shit could possibly come from him.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well here are some of the moves Octillery can learn:

Remoraid = Dive, Icy Wind, Snore, Swift, Mud Slap, Signal Beam, Gunk Shot, Seed Bomb, Bounce

EDIT: This was from around page 33.
One of the reasons I wanted Octillery checked was to see if it retained Bounce or if that was Remoraid only. if it's Remoraid only, it means we might need to spend some time on structurally different prevos to get full movepools.

Remoraid/Octillery serves as a good barometer for that.

One of the reasons I wanted Octillery checked was to see if it retained Bounce or if that was Remoraid only. if it's Remoraid only, it means we might need to spend some time on structurally different prevos to get full movepools.

Remoraid/Octillery serves as a good barometer for that.
But isnt if if a preevo gets a tutor move, then the evolved form will get it?

Sorry if I am misunderstanding you somewhere, I am so sleepy lol

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
yeah, but if we dont know if the prevo gets it then we might miss out on some cool stuff is what hes saying i think
Bingo.

Magikarp gets Bounce, which is kind of cool for lol CB Para Karp.

But Gyarados might not get Bounce in its tutor moves, so in order to have Bounce Gyarados (if you found any value in it), you would have to catch/breed a Magikarp and teach it first.

Same thing with Remoraid/Octillery. Octy might not get Bounce as a tutor but could learn things like Iron Head and Zen Headbutt. If you wanted a Bouncing Octillery in-game, you'd need to teach Remoraid Bounce before evolving.

It's important for Shoddy if only for completeness/simulation sake. I doubt any of the power moves will be doled out to prevos, but it's possible.

Tail Glow = Firefly Light in Japan, so I doubt Amphy will get it anytime soon. That's also why the tail-less Manaphy gets it.

Seeing how some Pokemon who can't learn TMs get Move Tutor Moves in Platinum (Krickitot, Combee, Burmy, and Magikarp), has anyone checked out these guys?
-Caterpie/Metapod
-Weedle/Kakuna
-Wurmple/Cascoon/Silcoon
-Unown
-Wynaut/Wobbuffet

Magnet Rise if Ampharos gets it will be a humongous boost to it, Amphy is already one of the bulkiest Pokemon in the entire game but its weakness to ground and lack of moves has always let it down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)