Pokemon Platinum - The definitive thread: Mach 3 (Competitive Discussion)

I just double checked the Route 212 tutor and Hitmonchan doesn't get Sucker Punch. just the elemental punches and vacuum wave.

Agh, the two biggest bummers for me (amongst many positives) is that Alakazam and Gardevoir both were left without vacuum wave. Alakazam especially is now without anything to differentiate itself from the other psychic types.

I'm sure others have said this, but I've been gone for the weekend.

Also my two cents on Outrage. Salamence and Flygon are the only two of the new users we will actually see making use of Outrage. Kingdra might, but it now suffers from moveslot syndrome considering it needs to set up it's own rain.

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
WAGHGHGHGHG!!! Khyl, are you certain Chan gets Suckerpunch? It's not listed on the Official Move Tutor list... I wanted it to get it so bad!!

Also my two cents on Outrage. Salamence and Flygon are the only two of the new users we will actually see making use of Outrage. Kingdra might, but it now suffers from moveslot syndrome considering it needs to set up it's own rain.
Yet Kingdra doesn't need 4 moveslots anyway. Rain Dance, Waterfall, Outrage, Filler. Thats all he needs.

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
I don't think broken is the correct description. I mean is Technician broken? Is Sky Uppercut with Iron Fist broken. No and no. I t would just make Hitmonchan a more viable offensive Fighting type.

So WTF is Sky Uppercut in Japanese? It gets Iron Fist boost... Game Freak pisses me off....

Yeah, I didn't check the sticky for Hitmonchan. I just read that Top and Lee got it, so I assumed Chan did. >.<

Sorry. >.>

Cuz it would be broken with Iron Fist? >.>
Sucker Punch IS NOT a Punch Move.

It's called "Ambush" in Japan, people. That's why the punching Pokemon doesn't get it. Even if it did, Iron Fist WOULD NOT Boost it.

Also, note how Pokemon like Ariados and Victreebel get it.

Edit: Beaten. Thouroughly.

So WTF is Sky Uppercut in Japanese? It gets Iron Fist boost... Game Freak pisses me off....
I hate NoA more. Changing the names of Moves/Pokemon drastically, adding much confusion (Like Female Mr. Mime, Ampharos not getting Tail Glow, ect.)

Yeah, sucker punch is actually quite a common expression in the English language to describe a sudden blow or a cheap shot. No 'punching' is implied in the term at all.

Anyone check Breloom/Shroomish, Breloom could use Superpower since it doesn't have Close Combat, and maybe Thunderpunch would be nice to allow itto have Poison Heal and Thunderpunch on the same set.

Why are people getting soo excited over the idea that Breloom gets Poison Heal + ThunderPunch now? Stone Edge + Seed Bomb provides better coverage, but then again, I guess that would be nice for a CB set. Superpower / ThunderPunch / Seed Bomb / Stone Edge could work. I still think his biggest assett over other fighting types is his 100% sleep move, even more so now that Gallade's Hypnosis has lower accuracy.

Anyone check Breloom/Shroomish, Breloom could use Superpower since it doesn't have Close Combat, and maybe Thunderpunch would be nice to allow itto have Poison Heal and Thunderpunch on the same set.
If you read the first page instead of post....you'll find Breelom

People please read the first page before posting for each pokemon...or we'll have pages of question about pokemon that already are posted

I didn't see Infernape or any of its evolutions on the first page, is there anything worth mentioning that he gets? Perhaps Ice Punch? Sucker Punch? Anything of the sort?

Infernape: Fire Punch, ThunderPunch, Vacuum Wave, Snore, Helping Hand, Swift, Mud-slap, Rollout, Endeavor, Gunk Shot, Heat Wave

WTFing at Gunk Shot Infernape...

Anybody notice that in the same game that Registeel is no longer heiling his fuhrer, his popularity skyrockets....coincidence?

Well say Registeel comes into a Seed Flare and loses -2 spdef...since Shaymins HP will probably be fire if anything, with a LO, too...That's really gonna hurt.
Plus, it has to use Magnet Raise before then. So switching Registeel into Shaymin sounds hard.
well shaymin would use earth power against registeel, unless it has magnet rise. Even with a modest nature though, specs earth power has a chance of not 2HKOing registeel. registeel really is a 100% counter (unless skymin gets heat wave which has a high chance of 2HKO with specs)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)