Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes id like a good anti lead too
ttar was the best lead ever since it killed every other lead
except the stupid leads like jirachi

but i hate its sandstream
i would think the best lead now is Gengar, switch out against those faster than you
otherwise you can pretty much hypnosis slower foes, or just kill them

Doesn't Sash Infernape work pretty well? Close Combat takes out TTars, Fake Out + Fire Blast/HP Ice takes out the most popular suicide leads and it can also run SR.

Did you check the Strategy Dex? That'll give you standard EV spreads and natures as well as moves.

If you plan on making this your own creation, I can't help. I'm no good with the UU tier.

Any help :(?
Altaria's special attack is not so great, so Choice Specs are needed to get the maximum potential out of it. Modest, 252Sp.att/252Spe.
Draco Meteor is a staple, since it allows you to hit almost everything for shitloads of damage.
Ice Beam,Dragon Pulse,HP Ground or Fire Blast can occupy 2-3 Slots.
Rest is also viable because of natural cure, and Altaria's passable
defences.

I'm not so good with OU and UU speed tiers when making EV sets, so I'd like to know:

How many speed EVs should I invest on a neutral nature Golduck holding a Choice Scarf in order to outspeed as many common leads as possible in OU, and how many for UU? Should I just use the standard 252/252 spread?

I'm not so good with OU and UU speed tiers when making EV sets, so I'd like to know:

How many speed EVs should I invest on a neutral nature Golduck holding a Choice Scarf in order to outspeed as many common leads as possible in OU, and how many for UU? Should I just use the standard 252/252 spread?
What nature do you plan to use?

Choice Scarf Togekiss can make a decent lead with Aura Sphere, Fire Blast/Flamethrower, Air Slash, and maybe HP Ice.

I forgot to include a few questions:

Is it possible for a Movie Event Darkrai to have perfect 31 IVs across the board? If not, what is the highest legal IV combination that contains a 31 IV in Speed and Special attack?

Is it possible for a Movie Event Darkrai to have perfect 31 IVs across the board? If not, what is the highest legal IV combination that contains a 31 IV in Speed and Special attack?
Nobody knows yet, wondercard pokemom are generated differently than regular pokemon so the possible IV combinations are not known.

i heard of a crazy one with 40 special attack probably hacked, but who knows

EDIT: New Questions:

1) Am I correct in thinking that pokemon do not recieve leech seed damage if the opponent is fainted?

2) Do pokemon still recieve leech seed damage if the opponent is in the air, underground, etc. due to Fly, Bounce, Dig, or Dive?

3) If a pokemon behind a sub uses Bounce, can the sub still take damage from opposing attacks?

4) In UU, what gets better coverage, Water/Psychic/Ice/Electric or Water/Psychic/Ice/Grass? (for a special sweeping Golduck)

@Olie-in UU, if Shoddy and the thread with the speed numbers is right (and I'm reading it right), 236 spe gives 397 speed, outspeeding Aerodactyl by 1 point. 252 speed would only be necessary if you wanted to tie Heracross.

Am I mistaken in these numbers at all?

@Olie-in UU, if Shoddy and the thread with the speed numbers is right (and I'm reading it right), 236 spe gives 397 speed, outspeeding Aerodactyl by 1 point. 252 speed would only be necessary if you wanted to tie Heracross.

Am I mistaken in these numbers at all?
Well, max speed Jolly Aerodactyl reaches 394 speed, so only 232 spe would be required. And yes, Adamant scarfed Hera reaches 403, so you would need 252 spe if you wanted to tie it.

My bad. I think Aerodactyl would be the fastest threat I'd need to beat, so I'll go with 232 unless someone thinks of a faster threat that is possible to outspeed.

Thanks Olie ^^

Well, there is Electrode to consider, but you're not outruning that thing even with a scarf.
Otherwise, you'll outrun all non scarfed UUs.

Ya, Electrode is a lost cause, but they'll usually taunt or rain dance on the first turn anyway and therefore allow you to dent them slightly before switching.

And I just realized, HP Grass is probably useful in UU while HP Electric is better in OU right? Or Is one better than the other in both?

I'm having a Golduck day apparantly lol.

grass vs electric in UU basically comes down to whether you're worried about quagsire and gastrodon more than mantine or not.

personally, i never see many mantine compared to gastrodon, but i havent played much in a little while so it could've changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)