Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
The standard BT Spore/Subpunch/Seed Bomb Breloom is one of my favorite things to rape people who play without sleep clause with.

fast sleepers include persian, yanmega, jumpluff and gengar. all of nthese would help abuse it. Smeargle with spore + belly drum, poliwrath with hypnosis and belly drum and subpunch spore breloom can also make an impact.

make sure you bring in some sleep counters though, as i bet everyoe else will have the same ideasa.

Hi I'm new here and want to get into competitive battling.

Do any of you know an easy to understand guide for a person willing to learn how to train for competitive battling?

Weavile for the battle tower:
@Expert Belt
38 HP/252 Atk/220 Spe
~Ice Punch
~Brick Break
~Night Slash
~And? You said last time Pursuit is useless in in the BT, but why? Don't they switch? Is Pursuit nessecery for competitive?

Does Taunt hit through substitutes?

Like, if a Ninjask Subs the first turn, and your lead Taunts the second, would the Taunt work through the sub, preventing Ninjask from Baton Passing the speed boosts?

Hmm I was wondering if there was a list of pokemon orginized by their "steps to hatch" (lowest to highest) and where I could possibly find it?

Weavile for the battle tower:
@Expert Belt
38 HP/252 Atk/220 Spe
~Ice Punch
~Brick Break
~Night Slash
~And? You said last time Pursuit is useless in in the BT, but why? Don't they switch? Is Pursuit nessecery for competitive?
In battle tower your opponent almost never switches. There are some exceptions, but they're extremely rare, and they certainly do not involve Weavile, so yeah, Pursuit is useless in BT. For competitive, Weavile is one of the best revenge killers in standard play, and so having Pursuit would be very useful.

If you are using this in BT, Swords Dance with Focus Sash is a good option (probably the best). Ice Shard is ok, but Weavile is usually fast enough anyway (it's helpful if you are paralyzed). With Sash instead of Expert Belt, you can go with Swords Dance, Counter, or Ice Shard. Aerial Ace is not a very good option as Ice Punch hits almost just as hard for neutral. Fake Out is ok too.

@Khyl: Taunt does not hit through subs. EDIT: Woops sorry my bad: :(

Well the only reasons to use max defenses over HP is if your defenses are a lot lower, you're subseeding, or you're trying to survive something specific. Since the first two don't apply to Cressy and you didn't specify what the SDef EVs would be for, coupled with the facts that Cresselia typically walls physically and they're not all divisible by four, I have to conclude that you don't know what you're talking about.

If you think I'm wrong then please explain.

Well the only reasons to use max defenses over HP is if your defenses are a lot lower, you're subseeding, or you're trying to survive something specific. Since the first two don't apply to Cressy and you didn't specify what the SDef EVs would be for, coupled with the facts that Cresselia typically walls physically and they're not all divisible by four, I have to conclude that you don't know what you're talking about.

If you think I'm wrong then please explain.
sp def is indeed to defend against dark, due to my cressys poor special, i sweep with cress, timid so not much need for too much speed and the special atk is outrageous like youdont know. i can understand how unless you have the cress i have you would think i dont know what i am talking about, but i did ev train when i actually didnt know what i was talking about

Any metagame you ask for.

This is a Shoddy team so all IVs/Nature are optimal. And you don't sound like you're talking about Trickscarf Cress anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)