Smogon Brawl Tournament #3 - Round 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Base it off of tournament showings/general opinion from other top players. We may not be backroom smashers but that doesn't mean we're completely retarded and can't hold an intelligent debate, correct? You actually just named 9 of the best players on the site that I know of Wolt, so deciding beyond that isn't that difficult.

Also, thank you for the compliment, but don't be so quick to not include yourself on that list, Wolt.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I know a way, but lets not get too ahead of ourselves right now, lets finish the tournament then we can rank and decide all we want.

Also, thank you for the compliment, but don't be so quick to not include yourself on that list, Wolt.
It makes me feel greedy or conceited if I were to include myself on the list, maybe towards the bottom but even then I dunno.

But Zero is right, we should finish the tourney and then move on in our scheme of things, whatever that may be.

Actually Maku, I quite like the idea of a list that compiles our top smashers and their mains. You should probably reserve it to top 10-15 though, I'd say that's about fair.
Hmmm, well, I kinda didn't want to think of it in a "top smasher" way (so as not to rule out our other buddies). =/

Perhaps we can just start out by compiling a list of candidates who we know have been active with us lately. Thus, this would include people like Wolt and "theMantyke." =D

Then we can do some sorting. =3

Hey, I'm kinda new to the Competetive Brawl here at Smogon, and was just wanting to say hi. I just played Wolt for a few matches. He's pretty good. So yeah, just wanting to say hi, and I look forward to playing u guys sometime. I wanna see how I compare >.>

Posting to say that if you guys make a list of the top smashers, either don't have me down, or put me near the bottom. I feel like I'm average compared to the lot of you. K thnx.

Chompy, did you record our matches? I keep checking out your youtube page and I see nothing beyond your matches with dbolt. Critiquing my play is something I want to do, so if you have the matches that would be sweet to watch. MINUS THE LAST ONE. Gave up at the air part and from their it was a hopeless match :P

Hi pink :o

Posting to say that if you guys make a list of the top smashers, either don't have me down, or put me near the bottom. I feel like I'm average compared to the lot of you. K thnx.

Chompy, did you record our matches? I keep checking out your youtube page and I see nothing beyond your matches with dbolt. Critiquing my play is something I want to do, so if you have the matches that would be sweet to watch. MINUS THE LAST ONE. Gave up at the air part and from their it was a hopeless match :P

Hi pink :o
I havent had anytime uploading the games but yeah I did record them. All 3 games though. That dumb Rainbow Cruise messed me up so bad. Especially how I was trying to hit under you and somehow or other. You managed to kill me twice with the Dsmash move first x_x. When you were riding on the carpet. I feel like I should've played better but hey I guess you have to deal with some lag.

Did you manage to win that match against KUAZ?

I haven't fought him yet. Also we didn't have like any lag, I think you jut didnt play your best on that stage, like how I got raped on PS2 xP

I liked our first match though. You killed my first stock with only taking 14% if I recall, and at the end I started making a comeback. I think if I was better prepared it would of been an even closer match!

I'll keep an eye out for the recordings, so I can get some feedback on what to work on.

Online rankings are silly

A better way to determine who is better is to have "serious" friendlies...whoever wins more is probably the better player.

That's just my opinion, though

I remember, in my prime, that I got Maku on his last life...*has not played Smash for a while* =3
Lol, I remember that match yoshi! It was a good one too! =P

I can't help but keep looking at these kinds of statements as compliments...ya know? ^-^

But yes, you played a very good Olimar that match. I'm sure we can get you back in shape with a few brawls here and there, though college has indeed kept me busy. I'm usually available on weekends though. ^^

*Also, I would think I'd be more towards the bottom as well Esc! I find it rather hard to get the jump on TH/HG/Chompy/You of course ^^/Colin/Sam/Dunk (obviously)....but I still think I play pretty well considering Lucas is my weapon of choice. =3

Maku is definitely one of the top, near Dunk and Chompy :P
Also "serious friendlies", I feel, don't tell much. You can't know how serious about the matches your opponent is, whereas a tourney match where something is on the line tells more because they are working their hardest/putting effort in.

I don't take friendlies that serious, for one D:
(I mean I don't think I perform my best in those, but looking at the tourney matches with me in ((THANKS HOTGARBAGE AND CHOMPY :D ) I don't seem that great anyways!)

Also on a tourney related note, I plan to play Kuaz tomorrow. I'm not in the brawling groove today, y'know?

Esc!!!!! >.<

Aww, thanks man. That makes me feel all good inside, but I'm not quite sure I live up to it yet. =/ (always looking to improve)

If you don't mind me asking....what makes you think I'm that high up? ^^

(sorry zero, if we're cluttering your tourney thread with this unrelated tourney stuff...my apologies) =3

Also "serious friendlies", I feel, don't tell much. You can't know how serious about the matches your opponent is, whereas a tourney match where something is on the line tells more because they are working their hardest/putting effort in.

I don't take friendlies that serious, for one D:
(I mean I don't think I perform my best in those, but looking at the tourney matches with me in ((THANKS HOTGARBAGE AND CHOMPY :D ) I don't seem that great anyways!)

Also on a tourney related note, I plan to play Kuaz tomorrow. I'm not in the brawling groove today, y'know?

Meh ok.

If you don't mind me asking....what makes you think I'm that high up? ^^
I think it's the fact that you probly don't break while beating the tar out of us. You really need to quit being modest and accept the fact that your awesome at this game, like a lot of the people around here. You too Escal.

I think it's the fact that you probly don't break while beating the tar out of us. You really need to quit being modest and accept the fact that your awesome at this game, like a lot of the people around here. You too Escal.
Actually, Esc is quite noob. Mexi-Kade can beat him with one hand behind his back while wearing an eyepatch and singing the Mexican national anthem.

Just kidding of course <3.

Esc is much better than he gives himself credit for. Maku is just Maku, but at this point, it's very much likely that he's surpassed Dunk as best smasher on Smogon, since Dunk is becoming noob.

(also kidding <3. Maku and Dunk both have some of the most amazing defensive games I've seen, Dunk an expert with the shield and Maku an expert with dodges).

Also AM THE BEST.

(also kidding </3. pew pew.)

I'm good at pew pew and cheap chaingrab tricks :P.

HotGarbage can attest to the extreme difficulty of playing Falco online (both playing with him and playing against him. Mostly the playing with him, but I'm sure he has some nice stories about playing vs mine as well :P), so I will probably never come off as "great" per say until someone decides to come to Northern VA to get crushed, but I feel like I can hold my own with alot of the higher brass. But I doubt you could ascertain a true measure of my skill from me. You'd probably have to ask someone else who fights me relatively often.

Of course, whatever skill I have can't compare to the immaculate fine-tuning of Maku's and Dunk's. I swear, whenever you play them, it feels like they can read your mind and analyze your every move about two moves beforehand. I've seen both pull some very crazy stunts, such as Dunk spot dodging 4 of my attacks in place in a row with 4 of his own perfectly timed spot dodges and hitting me out of my 5th attack (keep in mind the most of them were jabs/ftilts/dtilts/grabs)...with CAPTAIN FUCKING FALCON (ultimately I won the match, but good lord did that make me want to break my controller in half).

Or just Maku being unbelievably impossible to hit because when you fight him. It's like there's no vulnerability frames between dodges: he seems like he could just infinitely string dodges and you'd never be able to hit him.

We haven't fought each other in a while though Wolt. I would be interested in having a few brawls in the near future to see where we've both come to over the beginnings.

My skill...hasn't aged as well as the others. This may be due to my absence in playing frequently with you all, but after a certain point I felt I couldn't get any better and stopped playing a lot. Maybe the online got to me but who knows, maybe Washington isn't the ideal location for Brawls, then again, no location is unless your in the same city. One of us needs to win the lottery and sponsor a thing somewhere with free trips for everyone. I think most of my success with you all was due to everyone being new to the game and wifi.

It's too bad no one is around the request thread much because I would hate to have to figure out IRC just to get some matches in.

So to sum up my skill from the beginning, I've stayed the same, relatively. Maybe a character change is in order?

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I've opened up dialogue with another website that has some competitive Brawlers, we'll see what happens.

Yoshi King are you going to be on AIM in the afternoon? I have work all morning til 3:15 CST and we can play by then. I would like to see how good your Yoshi really see and to see if its as good as Miamisportsfans Yoshi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)