Pre-Halloween Jitters - RMT

Hey, thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate it. Feel free to leave me some constructive criticism and maybe give me a fresh look at some glaring problems.

Kingdra (M) @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Naive nature (+Spd, -SpDef)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Beam
- Facade
Kind of an odd lead, I know. Leads are one of the most important things and it's where I have the most trouble. Probably a better late game sweeper. I was thinking of running him more bulky to net me more DD's. I've had mixed success with this, not sure whether or not to continue with it.

---

Clefable (F) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP/114 Def/114 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Cosmic Power
- Encore
- Icy Wind
- Trick
I hated this thing when I played UU, I love it in OU. Encore is god in this metagame, everyone's always thinking "Ooh Clefable, good time to get in those Nasty Plots!" Encore does it's thing, Trick burns the opponent-AFTER I've been Burned. Icy Wind has saved my butt against Scarf-Tran many times. It's down to just Scarftran, who potentially can destroy my last guys. A couple of Icy winds and that scarf means nothing but a locked in attack. It also works on Shaymin pretty well.
---

Nidoking (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Poison Point
EVs: 162 HP/252 Atk/96 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Sucker Punch
This is my "replacement" of my old Muk. So far it doesn't do as good of a job, I just wanted to handle Zapdos better, which I could do fine with Muk, but I'm hoping Nidoking does it better. Considering whether or not to make this thing Bulky. Muk could handle Careful, SpD,Def Investment and then Curse to make up for the lost attack, this guy not so much

This guy is close to the chopping block.
---

Togekiss (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 104 HP/252 Spd/152 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Aura Sphere
Special Sweeper, my success with this version of Mismagius led me to this. My disappointment with Mismagius' frailness on the defensive/hp side also led me to this.

---

Claydol @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/62 Def/196 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
This thing rocks. Haha see what I did there? Pretty self explanatory. I love to use this guy to piss off Heatran. He is an attraction for set-uppers though.
---

Drapion (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 6 HP/24 Atk/228 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Night Slash
- Fire Fang
For when the opponent is Locked into a move with encore, and I don't think they are going to switch out of it. I come in SD a couple times, and then swepe the night away. I really dislike the Life Orb though, it usually ends up killing me and that's sad. I used to run a bulky Drapion and liked it, which is why I'm using Def. However, this is a completely different Drapion, so I don't know.

I replaced my old wall with Nidoking, so other than Clefable, I'm kind of lacking a defensive poke. Claydol works well at taking a lot of the things aimed at Clefable and vice-versa. I'm not feeling much Synergy other than that with this team besides that. I don't wanna resort to the Zapdos/Heatran/Scizor thing, evar. Where's the fun in that?

Why ice beam with no Sp.A Evs and a -Sp.A nature?
I doubt Kingdra learns avalanche but at least change the nature to naive.

I didn't even notice that, it has still been ohkoing Salamences and Skymins, which is why I didn't notice it. Thanks for pointing that out, I will change it just in case I come across a Mence with SpDef investment someday.

2 Poison? EQ/Psychic?
Drapion is immune to Psychic, I dont see this team doing really good aganist anything seeing as most of its UU you might wanna ditch Kingdra for a strong UU water along with Uxie for Hypno as this team will get easily swept by DD/Mence-Tar-Dos,and bring this team down to UU
this team looks like a UU team anyway.

Yeah, basically, ttar can OHKO most of the stuff on your team, except Kingdra, after one Dragon Dance. Crunch OHKOs UXie with Life Orb, definitely, not sure without, but EQ will 2HKO Drapion for sure, sometimes OHKO. Crunch also kills Claydol, and after a couple of Crunches Clefable wont be doing anything. Basically, DD tar counters your team.

The only way to hurt Fighting pokemon "effective" is with Shadow ball, and you take some damage from them. Grass pokemon such as the stalling Tangrowth actually can pose a threat to this team aswell, especially with a lead Kingdra, who will be taking SR damage, getting tricked, and everything else that leads go through. Switch Drapion for Houndoom, take Kingdra and use him as a sweeper, and use Houndoom as a lead.

Houndoom can't be tricked, as the set you want to use is scarved, He counters so many leads, and is so unpredictable, he rips through teams.

Drapion gets to set up, but Houndoom as a lead and Kingdra in the wings is way better. Houndoom won't help with your fighting weakness, but you'll have to find a way around it. I still think that you should try and play BL with this team, if it does good in OU, it will destroy BL.

Drapion is immune to Psychic, I dont see this team doing really good aganist anything seeing as most of its UU you might wanna ditch Kingdra for a strong UU water along with Uxie for Hypno as this team will get easily swept by DD/Mence-Tar-Dos,and bring this team down to UU
this team looks like a UU team anyway.
I forgot its Dark. I would qo with Drapion. He's faster, and better defensively IMO he could take hits, and this was when I DIDNT use Ev's in his defense.

I've used Scarf Houndoom before, and it seems like he's pretty much just Heatran bait. I could run HP Ground and just hope the opponent switches, but then I'm stuck in a move that can miss many OU's completely. I've just never had a real good experience with him scarfed as a lead.

Clefable tends to outstall stallers.

I definitely notice the glaring TTar problem, but still am not sure what to do with it. I used to run Drapion Bold and with Def EV's just for Ttar, but I was hoping to try something different.

I replaced Uxie, with Togekiss. Same Mismagius set, I am kind of a stan for it.

I'm considering dropping Nido for my old defensive Muk that seemed to work really well.

The lead thing is giving me a hell of a time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)