RMT, no skyin,scizor,heatran,celebi,zapdos, or bronzong!

Do you think this team is ready for the standard metagame?

• Yes

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Awesome team without any of the most common pokemon! It has gotten me pretty high and I love using it! Team has been tested before just my first thread on smogon.

Glance:

Lead:

Alakazam @ Choice Scarf
Modest
252 speed 252 spA, 6spD

-Trick
-HP Ice
-Focus Blast
-Psychic

Description: Being my only special sweeper I have to keep him from dying but hes worked pretty good as a lead. He fucks up bronzong and other leads that like to set up and also sub-seed-min. It is awesome. Focus Blast is for tran, pyshic, its strongest move, HP ice for flyers and trick as explained. Alakazam is pretty standard.

Next:

Gyrados @ Leftovers
Adamant
252 speed 252 attack 6def

-Waterfall
-Taunt
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance

Description: Pretty standard gyra however I was wondering of using bulky gyra as a 1/2 scizor counter. It still takes a quick attack after a SD and survives and leftovers saves it from 2HKO. I also have dusknoir so scizor isnt so much a problem. Gyra also takes fire attacks and ground attacks for registeel. Meh, not much to explain when we have all used gyra.

Dugtrio @ Choice Band
Jolly
255 speed 255 attack

-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Aerial Ace
-Sucker Punch

Descriptipon: Dugtrio makes a good sweeper comming to kill low HP scizor. Traps a lot like Tyranitar with its AWESOME ability. Dugtrio is standard and doesnt really need an explanation. Sorry but its true. :pirate:

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Quiet
252 HP, 88speed 168spD

-Focus Punch
-Thunderbolt
-Crunch
-Substitute

Description: Tyraniboah, my favorite type of tyranitar. It has sweeped so much and has gotten so many subs up vs. heatran. Crucnh over Dark Pulse because cress gets calm mind and FP is for obvious reasons. FP is cool because it OHKOs ape as well and T-tar is safe to do its stuff in a sub. Focus Punch also takes a lot out of scizor and OHKOs mamoswine.

Next:

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Impish
252 def 252 HP, 6 attack

-Roost
-Brave Bird
-Stealth Rocks
-Roar

Description: Skarmory was decided to go over the robot, registeel. Can't kill gyrados but it is the better choice. Pretty standard. StealthRocks+Roar combo is obvious. Brave Bird is for a STAB ownage move and roost is to heal off the recoil. Skarmory is a nice working pokemon ATM. Not much of a description for a standard one though :).

Next:

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Impish
252 spD 252 hp, 6def

-Fire Punch
-Wilo, wisp
-Pain Split
-Earthquake

Description: My main scizor counter with registeel and KIND of gyrados. Dusknoir actualyl makes a good counter in this metagame also being able to counter skymin with Fire Punch. PainSplit is a recovery and bliss pisser. Wilo wisp is for physical sweepers. Dusknoir works good as a wall and it takes out heatran with an earthquake. Pretty standard.

Anyway please RMT bronzong is the only MAJOR MAJOR threat.

One of the major problems i can see with this team is that, potentially, Scarftran could pose an issue. Standard Scarftran's Darkpulse comes close to 2HKOing your Dusknoir, while Fire Blast does 2HKO it. As such, nothing on your team really has a safe switch in.
Apart from that, the team seems OK.
"Standard" scarftran's run dark pulse since when? The fact Scarftran's dark pulse comes close to 2HKOing dusknoir is completely irrelevant since fire blast does more anyway.

You should consider running Timid on Alakazam, to get the jump on scarfgar and scarfazelf.

Scarftran is the least of my worries even with dark pulse as it does not OHKO dusknoir and I earthquake scarftran to its death. Also, scarftran fire blasts my gyrados from a switch from registeel and gets in a free DD, and what about tyranitar much

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
One of the major problems i can see with this team is that, potentially, Scarftran could pose an issue. Standard Scarftran's Darkpulse comes close to 2HKOing your Dusknoir, while Fire Blast does 2HKO it. As such, nothing on your team really has a safe switch in.
Apart from that, the team seems OK.
Please give him a proper rate, Tyranitar is one of the best (if not the best) Heatran counters of all time, as is Gyarados. Dusknoir has Earthquake and Alakazam outspeeds, thats two other pokemon that beat him one on one as well as two definite counters. Scarftran definately isn't the most pressing issue.

What is a pressing issue to me is Kingdra, and to a lesser extent Salamence. Kingdra sets up for free on Registeel and Dusknoir with Substitute and proceeds to sweep his entire team after a single Dragon Dance. The only way I can think of that prevents this sweep is Alakazam tricking Choice Scarf onto it as it attacks/stats up, then switching to the appropriate counter. You also seem to have issues with Tyranniboah, as it gets up a sub easily on many of your pokemon. Substitute/Crunch/Focus Punch/Thunderbolt will always kill at least one pokemon on your team. I don't like both Registeel or Dusknoir on your team, but Dusknoir seems to be doing more so I'd prefer if you would replace that. Skarmory/Swampert over Registeel/Dusknoir is an effective walling combination that allows you to take on most threats in the game. Scizor may be a bit of an issue, so I probably recommend that you give Gyarados an Impish nature with Dragon Dance/Waterfall/Rest/Sleep Talk.

My changes in short:

Swampert over Dusknoir (personal preference, my favourite is the Curser but its up to you)
Skarmory over Registeel (standard set)
Rest/Sleep Talk on Gyarados over Taunt/Earthquake.

Good luck with the team, take my changes as you wish, they aren't the be all and end all, although I do believe they'll improve your team somewhat.

Happy battling!

DDMence with Fire Blast or Stone Edge will give your team trouble especially if Dusknoir's wow misses. I wouldn't worry too much about bronzong since you can just burn him with dusknoir and ignore.

As MS suggested, Skarmory would be a great addition since you are safe from DD T-tar as well which would pretty much ohko everything on your team after stat up.

Thank you MS but I think I might keep dusknoir for scizor and possibly add a roarer over registeel. Skarmory is tricky with other taunting gyradosess getting free dragon dances. Salamence is not as much as a threat after 1 DD because dusknoir gets in a wow and registeel/skarmory roars it (with the exception of fire blast) fire blast will not OHKO registeel but skarmory yes. Kingdra seems to be a big threat but cannot sweep my team after 1 DD unless it is a mixdra but I will consider a counter

Just checked, +1 Positive Outrage with Lifeorb from Salamence will OHKO your dusknoir. You should probably adjust the EVs a bit so it would actually survive. Skarmory can beat Tauntdos 1 vs 1 if you have Brave Bird so you should definitely replace Regi with Skarmory.

I agree on making Gyara Bulky.

I haven't much else to say on the team, looks interesting from my POV, but you may have trouble with no reliable recovery move on either of your walls. Skarmory is certainly an option, as previously stated, aswell, for reasons you have heard by now.

btw Dugtrio should certainly not be relied on as a "sweeper". meh

Awesome team, I'm probably going to try something similar to it sometime.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)