Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
A simple question: Why is Arceus banned ?

Cuz its too strong for Uber ? Or cuz it didnt get released officially ?
There is no such thing as too strong for Uber. The tier is not taken care of like others, it is unbalanced. The fact that people choose to play it is irrelevant (I don't know why it's part of the Tour personally).

The latter is the reason it is currently banned.

Lets say I have a poke with the following IVs:

31/26/31/0/31/31

If I were to check its IVs through the use of AR, would it read like this:
tm1-31
tm2-23
tm3-31
tm4-31
tm5-31?

I checked one of my dudes with 31/31/31/(not 0 but irrelevant)/31/0, and it showed up like this:
tm1-31
tm2-31
tm3-31

So it skipped 2 of my IVs. How does this read it?

It's against the rules to discuss AR usage here Olimarman, so we can't help you with that.

Whats bog?
Also, what are all the viable pokemons that can set up rain in uu?
Could you supply some context for your question? Bog might be referring to the Pastoria Marsh, where the mud (bog) slows you down. Bog in your question might simply be a misspelling of 'fog', which is a battle effect that reduces accuracy of all combatants. Most water pokemon in UU are viable users of Rain Dance, but the pokemon that's adequate for your team relies on the rest of your team's members.

Does Psych Up copy the effects of Imprision?

Ex: Dusknoir uses Imprison and know Protect, Trick Room and Fire Punch. Metagross uses Psych Up on Dusknoir and knows Protect, Earthquake and Bullet Punch. Dusknoir faints.

What, if anything, would be Imprisioned.
Psych Up simply copies the opponent's stat changes. It would not copy Imprision's effect, so in this instance:

Dusknoir uses Imprision, Metagross cannot use Protect now, uses Psych Up, it fails, and Dusknoir (somehow) faints.

Yes Komodo, when you select Emerald the probability can be accurately applied to D/P because they share the same breeding mechanics overall.

Thanks, rippersteveM5! Greatly appreciated :)
Just note that nature is set before you take the egg from the old man. The only thing that changes with each reset/collection of the same egg is IVs.

Ability, shininess, nature and gender are already set.

This has happened to me twice now. Sometimes, when I go to check the IVs of one of my pokes, it always shows the IVs of a particular poke until I put it back in my pc, but no matter where in my party it is those IVs always appear. Is there any reasoning behind this?

This has happened to me twice now. Sometimes, when I go to check the IVs of one of my pokes, it always shows the IVs of a particular poke until I put it back in my pc, but no matter where in my party it is those IVs always appear. Is there any reasoning behind this?
I hope in some strange kind of way you're refering to an IVcalculator because discussing AR is forbidden.

It's against the rules to discuss AR usage here Olimarman, so we can't help you with that.

Could you supply some context for your question? Bog might be referring to the Pastoria Marsh, where the mud (bog) slows you down. Bog in your question might simply be a misspelling of 'fog', which is a battle effect that reduces accuracy of all combatants. Most water pokemon in UU are viable users of Rain Dance, but the pokemon that's adequate for your team relies on the rest of your team's members.

Psych Up simply copies the opponent's stat changes. It would not copy Imprision's effect, so in this instance:

Dusknoir uses Imprision, Metagross cannot use Protect now, uses Psych Up, it fails, and Dusknoir (somehow) faints.
Ok thanks! That's what I though but the Serebii description led me to believe it could copy move than stat changes so I figured it was worth asking.

Well... 3 others - besides Kabutops, Gore, and Ludicolo.
because Ludicolo was going to be my RD starter... and Gorebyss was
Sp. Sweeper, and Kabutops was going to be sweeper.

^: No.

Just note that nature is set before you take the egg from the old man. The only thing that changes with each reset/collection of the same egg is IVs.

Ability, shininess, nature and gender are already set.
Oh, well then it could be good if I want a certain nature + ability or whatnot, cause then I can just keep resetting for IVs once I find it :)

Thanks!

Some kids came over to my house, thought they were funny, and banned themselves from the Smogon Shoddy server for several years, iirc over 9 years >.>
Who do I contact to get this removed, or at least make the ban time into a couple weeks?

Haha, what a sketchy and convenient excuse.. You'll have to PM one of the shoddybattle moderators to see what can be done.

Haha, what a sketchy and convenient excuse.. You'll have to PM one of the shoddybattle moderators to see what can be done.
:P I'm serious. Anyway, thanks for your help. I really don't want to go back to WiFi - I heard that place is a mess

What are 5 good pokemon for a Rain Dance team?

I hope you aren't putting 5 pokes who rely on rain dance on the same team.

Kingdra, Ludicolo and Kabutops or Floatzel rock and should be enough to sweep with the rain up.

Use a rain dancer starter, then get that sweep going.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Hi, I've a question about hacking: if I breed a pokemon legitly and then use AR to teach it an egg move, will the pokemon still be legit? I mean, is there a way to tell if an egg\tutor move is hacked when the pokemon is legit? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: please ignore this post, thanks Matt.

Hi, I've a question about hacking: if I breed a pokemon legitly and then use AR to teach it an egg move, will the pokemon still be legit? I mean, is there a way to tell if an egg\tutor move is hacked when the pokemon is legit? Thanks in advance.
Not allowed to discuss AR in any way on the forums.

Can Power Swap be Baton passed?
The Attack and Special Attack boosts that you've swapped (including drops!) can be Baton Passed I believe.

@Haunterfan, modifying a pokemon with any external device is considered hacking, and therefore dissolves its legitimacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)