Look At What I Chained - Mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mild: 24 - 26 / 25 - 27 / 5 - 7 / 26 - 28 / 29 / 3 - 4

With ten Rare Candies (and evolving it in the process), this was the best I could do. I currently do not have Wi-Fi, so I sadly cannot ask for an IV battle.

EDIT: What are some decent alternatives to Hidden Power in terms of attacking?

Flash cannon (even with bad type-coverage, STAB from 130 base spAtk hurts), Signal Beam and Tri-attack. Zap Cannon and Thunder are high-power/low accuracy substitutes for Tbolt or Discharge

Magnezone hasn't really got the widest offensive movepool out there...

Back to actual chaining, my Sneasel chain broke at... 39

So I felt like I sucked and went to chain something easy, Bidoof. Guess when it broke? 39.
Then I checked my daily swarm. Dunsparce! I went to chain it. 3 hours later, having no chain get higher than 25, I got a shiny on patch 4. Using an adamant Synch, I ended up with a docile Dunsparce with.. not Serene Grace, but Run Away. I haven't even bothered to check the IV's. Oh well, at least it's a shiny. I'm trying to chain Voltorb today.

True. If only it has atleast one other decent attack option... I will just have to make the best of them.

I feel your pain. I tried chaining Budew's this time, but I just cannot seem to get the groove right.

I'm having really good luck today, yesterday I thought I'd chain in the sandstorm and long and behold I currently have 7 shiny Vibrava and still going!

wow, i epic failed. I attemted my first real chaining today and got to 40. But then, i ran into a patch that i didnt want to somehow and broke my chain. I didnt catch any shinies :(.

I just saw a double shiny patch in the sandstorm!!!!!!!!!!! It was a direct three away patch and a 4 away patch, I of course entered the 3 away as I don't think it really mattered which I entered.

Progress: 16 shinies

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
One question, im chaining zubats, and im at 42 with two shinies, the point is that now in my ds is morning, so, ill have to wait until the night for keep chaining?

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
One question, im chaining zubats, and im at 42 with two shinies, the point is that now in my ds is morning, so, ill have to wait until the night for keep chaining?
Like swarms, your chain will hold, so long as you follow the patterns properly, or so I believe. If it breaks, though, then you'll need to wait until night to restart it.

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
Like swarms, your chain will hold, so long as you follow the patterns properly, or so I believe. If it breaks, though, then you'll need to wait until night to restart it.
i think that they will only appear in the night, cause im reseting the radar and still nothing :(
im at 42 with two shinies :(

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
Mmm i don't think so :(
i spent like 100 max repels and till nothing, i guess im going to ask to diesel

EDIT: you were right guys :)

I just saw another patch formation with two shiny patches!!! Pretty unbelievable seeing twice the double shiny patch formation in the sandstorm. Anyway I currently have about 60 shiny Vibrava and still going strong, avoiding edge shiny patches.

I just saw another patch formation with two shiny patches!!! Pretty unbelievable seeing twice the double shiny patch formation in the sandstorm. Anyway I currently have about 60 shiny Vibrava and still going strong, avoiding edge shiny patches.
What nature are you synching? I'm jealous. I chained 12 shiny Vibrava earlier today, and was on my way to the 13th and the chain broke on a patch I missed. I didn't get any truly noteworthy. I just wanted an Adamant with high Attack and Speed.

Well, here's the thing, I thought that I wouldn't be able to actually get a chain going in the sandstorm so I didn't bring a Synchronizer but hopefully out of the 80 some I've already captured one of them is useful. I'm also thinking about giving up right now as I think 84 is enough shiny Vibrava for one person, thoughts?

you should get as much as you can since you dont have a syncer, i'm betting half of the shinys you have are neutural natures, lax, gentle, and minus speed natures cause the game is evil like that. Hopfully i'm wrong though. :p

Finally done with Vibravas, here's the best out of the 113 I caught:

Vibrava@Naughty

13/20/13/4/26/22

Vibrava@Modest

31/25/13/19/8/14

Vibrava@Mild

15/28/31/12/0/16

Vibrava@Mild2

10/19/5/1/25/23

Vibrava@Rash

21/31/27/21/27/27

This one's extremely good, every stat above 20,though I don't know about the nature.

Vibrava@Naughty2

31/13/11/17/15/26

Vibrava@Naughty3

12/23/24/8/25/25

Vibrava@Quiet

30/25/30/14/30/19

Another awesome one.

Vibrava@Quiet2

31/24/3/16/18/29

Vibrava@Jolly

24/20/11/31/9/29

Vibrava@Rash2

22/25/29/30/20/13

Vibrava@Brave

16/26/3/31/31/12

Vibrava@Mild3

15/26/4/19/31/18

Vibrava@Modest2

13/24/4/22/20/25

Thoughts and comments?

Ive chained 2 female Jolly shiny sneasles and 2 female Modest shiny Vulpix. I broke several chains at 35 and up...But seeing that shiny patch after hours of fustration...Its so epic.

Tyrogue
Adamant
30/25/20/3/31/30
Steadfast

I think I'm done with them:pimp:

What do you think?

oh and Diesel. thank you a million times over for that guide!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't do a thing in chaining until I read it

Tyrogue
Adamant
30/25/20/3/31/30
Steadfast

I think I'm done with them:pimp:

What do you think?

oh and Diesel. thank you a million times over for that guide!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't do a thing in chaining until I read it
Oh wow... that's quite impressive.
Great job! :D

Also, has anyone chained on Platinum yet? If so, is it relatively easier/harder/no difference with the new shiny patches? I've been meaning to try it, but since I haven't even mastered Diamond/Pearl chaining...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)