New and "creative" moveset/EV spread thread "Mark 2"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, that's funny. That's most popular Cacturne set to date.

Specs Regice looks pretty good. Worked OK on Wifi, but any physical attacker can pretty much revenge kill it.

@ Life Orb
Ability : Levitate
Nature: Naughty
EV: 252 Speed / 200 Atk / 52 Sp Atk

Sucker Punch
Ice Punch
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball

MixGenger, Sucker Punch is for faster pokemon fragile pokemon like Azelf, Ice Punch is for Grounds and Dragons, Thunderbolt will provide the Ice/Electric combo, Shadow Ball for STAB.

@ Life Orb
Nature: Timid
EV: 252 Speed / 252 Sp. Atk

Energy Ball
HP [Fire]
Thunderbolt
Hypnosis/Shadow Ball

The uncommon Gengar, give it Energy Ball to OHKO Swampert and bulky waters. Hp Fire will ruin SD first Scizors and other steels that try to ruin it. Thunderbolt provides great coverage with Gyarados mainly, and other waters. Hypnosis to lul some walls down and Shadow ball for STAB

@ Life Orb
Nature: Naughty
EV: 252 Speed / 200 Atk / 52 Sp Atk

Sucker Punch
Ice Punch
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball

MixGenger, Sucker Punch is for faster pokemon fragile pokemon like Azelf, Ice Punch is for Grounds and Dragons, Thunderbolt will provide the Ice/Electric combo, Shadow Ball for STAB.

@ Life Orb
Nature: Timid
EV: 252 Speed / 252 Sp. Atk

Energy Ball
HP [Fire]
Thunderbolt
Hypnosis/Shadow Ball

The uncommon Gengar, give it Energy Ball to OHKO Swampert and bulky waters. Hp Fire will ruin SD first Scizors and other steels that try to ruin it. Thunderbolt provides great coverage with Gyarados mainly, and other waters. Hypnosis to lul some walls down and Shadow ball for STAB
Switching in on Scizor while Sword Dancing will result in an OHKO by Bullet Punch. First set gimicky. (Not Adv anymore)

omg rape...Not so much. >.>

Jolly or Adamant could work I guess
BeastTales@Choice Band/Life Orb
Flare Blitz
Zen Headbutt
Faint Attack
Quick Attack/Return/Iron Tail/Will-o-Wisp

It might catch a Hypno off guard coming in expecting a Hypnosis, Nasty Plot, or Flamethrower and do okay damage...

Jolly Choice Band Flare Blitz to a 252hp/56def calm Hypno
Damage: 257 - 303
Damage: 68.72% - 81.02%

Much more than your normal Timid one with specs using flamethrower or Dark Pulse.
Not a GOOD set...but a fun, gimmicky I guess.

and Ninetales learns Howl...
Still nothing great with Ninetales poor attack. But it can fuck up Hypno!
Howl
Flare Blitz
Zen Headbutt/Iron Tail
Hypnosis/Iron Tail/W-o-W

It pisses me off she got Zen Headbutt in platinum but not Iron Head

I always wanted to try this Eggy set as a lure for many fire type counters and let the fire types burn everything down afterwards:

Exeggutor @ Heat Rock
-Sunny Day
-Sleep Powder
-Wood Hammer
-Explosion
Jolly 252Atk/252Spd/4HP
Three rather common pokemon who have a high chance of switching in on Eggy who greatly hinder fire type pokemon: Tyranitar, Heatran, and Blissey.

Ideally, this set would do three things: Sleep Heatran, Wood Hammer Tyranitar for the near OHKO [289 Atk vs 230 Def & 404 HP (120 base power): 324-384 (80.2%-95.05%)], and Explode on Blissey. However under most circumstances this set will not do all three, but whatever, it always seemed like a fun set to use. Obviously you would Sunny Day first turn, reaching a speed stat of 458, outspeeding plenty of Choice Scarfers (Gengar and Azelf don't run max speed now that Deoxys-S is gone, right?), but barely missing Jolly Ninjask (Ninjask is dumb anyway). From there, depending on who was sent out, act accordingly. Hell, if they send out a Blissey, sleep it, and sleep again a turn right after. Explode should come after you've done something else. Don't Explode right away. Nevertheless, it grants you a good kill (most likely) and a free switch (to your Heatran or whatever) to your awesome fire type.

Looking at Eggy's attacking stats, one would say "just use Grass Knot because we all know how shitty Solarbeam is already, and Eggy has base 125 (!!!) special attack, as opposed to its base 95 (not bad) attack." The two things that Wood Hammer is hitting hard is Blissey and Tyranitar, both of which take laughable (when compared to Wood Hammer) damage from special attacks. Yes, if you do use Sunny Day on the Tar switch in its boost will be nullified, but the use of only physical attacks allows Eggy to max its attack stat, and it wouldn't have to split EVs. Tyranitar also would never INITIALLY switch in to Eggy, because it's, well, a grass type, but it will happily switch in once it suspects it's going to fire off a Solarbeam. Wood Hammer is also great on Blissey if you must [289 Atk vs 130 Def & 714 HP (max/max) (120 base power): 288 - 339 (40.34% - 47.48%)], dealing a comfortable 2HKO to the most common one nowadays (Obi's special defensive one).

So yeah, pair it with Heatran or any other usable fire type in OU (Moltres?) and blast away with Sunny Day boosted Fire Blasts and have fun, most likely with Hidden Power [Grass] to clear bulky waters. These coming months are going to be very cold, and Eggy is just the thing to use to brighten up your day.

omg rape...Not so much. >.>

Jolly or Adamant I guess
BeastTales@Choice Band/Life Orb
Flare Blitz
Zen Headbutt
Faint Attack
Quick Attack/Return/Iron Tail/Will-o-Wisp

It might catch a Hypno off guard coming in expecting a Hypnosis, Nasty Plot, or Flamethrower and do okay damage...

Jolly Choice Band Flare Blitz to a 252hp/56def calm Hypno
Damage: 257 - 303
Damage: 68.72% - 81.02%

Much more than your normal Timid one with specs using flamethrower or Dark Pulse.
Not a GOOD set...but a fun, gimmicky I guess.
It's important to say what Pokemon it is. I'm thinking Ninetails?

Doesn't look all that bad actually.

I don't think Fire Type counters are going to come into the Egg Pokemon. No water type like STAB Grass attacks. Heatran may switch in, in which case you've just given him an attack to kill Gyarados with.

I put BeastTales...I think most people, seeing the moves I talk about, will assume it's Ninetales...But I'll edit it in just in case.

and Ninetales learns Howl...
Still nothing great...
Howl
Flare Blitz
Zen Headbutt/Iron Tail
Hypnosis/Iron Tail/W-o-W

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
Nature: Careful

KNOCK OFF
U-TURN
TOXIC
ROOST/PROTECT

EVs: 236 HP, 172 Def, 100 Atk

Support ToxiStall Pelipper.
Spreads poison around, scouts with U-turn and heals off the damage with Roost. Knock Off can cripple opposing sweepers as well as walls with Leftovers, and Protect can work over Roost to leech more poison damage and restore health through leftovers simultaneously.

Seed Bomb can usually 3HKO Lanturn with Stealth Rock support.
Surf can work over Toxic or Roost to deal with Steel-types.

Haha, as long as we're on the topic of Regice, check this set out.

Offensive Rest / Sleep Talk

Regice @ Life Orb / Nevermeltice
252 HP / 252 SpA / 6 SpD

Rest
Sleep Talk
Charge Beam
Ice Beam

I used to sweep with this thing on Wifi when stall teams were popular! It has enough Special Attack to OHKO the most common phazers, Skarmory and Hippowdon, after one Charge Beam boost. Hippowdon has a 58% chance of dying unboosted though.

So with your opponent's last hopes of stopping a Regice sweep out of the way, you can annihilate them slowly, but surely. Here is a rundown of the most common Pokemon present in a stall team, and how Regice fares against them.

Hippowdon: His earthquake is a 3HKO and you can OHKO back with Ice Beam.

Skarmory: OHKOed by a +1 Ice Beam, can't touch Regice.

Blissey: Set-up fodder thanks to Rest and Sleep Talk. 2HKOed when Regice has 5 boosts.

Celebi: Takes 76% minimum from Ice Beam. OHKOed by a +1 Ice Beam. Perish Song or Leech Seed will slow you down, but an eventual sweep is inevitable.

Rotom-H: Choice Specs Overheat is the worst of your fears, but it will not OHKO. You'll be severely damaged though, and might be killed by the second Overheat. If it doesn't have Specs it can't touch you.

Any other Rotom: lol

Spiritomb: Pressure and high Special Defense will make it hard to get past without wasting a lot of PP, but thankfully Sleep Talk isn't affected by Pressure, so if you stay sleeping, you can beat it.

Tentacruel: Again, cannot do anything to you.

Bronzong: Regice is slow, so Gyro Ball won't hurt. After a few boosts, Ice Beam will become powerful enough to kill it.

Suicune: The one Pokemon you should be worrying about.

The choice between Life Orb and Nevermeltice is a difficult one, as with Sandstorm and Life Orb recoil wearing Regice down, even Rest and Sleep Talk will have a hard time keeping you alive. Nevermeltice lessens this recoil somewhat, but loses the guaranteed Skarmory kill, lowering your odds to 59%.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I remember back when I first started playing competitive pokemon, I used that exact same Regice set on a Trick Room team. Good times...

It is best saved for late game purposes unless facing an offense-less team. Anything from Tyranitar to Lucario to Scizor will otherwise demolish it.

sweeper jolt
@ life orb
modest/timid 6hp 252sp.attack 252speed
-charge beam
-thunder bolt
-hp ice/grass
-shadow ball/signal beam
this jolteon is meant to be used as a late game sweeper, ideally you would bring it in on something like gyarados or skarmory that you can finish off with charge beam, and grab a free boost, then just start killing everything in sight, it is recommended that if you go with hp grass that you use signal beam, so you're not walled by grass types.

this set's biggest problem is obviously blissey, however assuming you are modest 252/0 bold blissey will take 43.4%-51.1% from a charge beam plus a +1 thunderbolt, which could actually be a kill if blissey was worn down earlier in the match

@ Focus Sash *** ANTI-LEAD Luc
Ability : Inner Focus
Nature: Adamant
252 Speed / 252 Atk /

Counter
Bullet Punch
Copycat
Brick Break/Close Combat

Prediction is key. Counter are for those physical leads that will try to OHKO it, counter will do them up nicely. Bullet Punch is to finish them off. Bullet Punch also owns Aerodactyl leads and frail focus sash leads. Copycat is for the faster ones that will normally stealth rock first, which gives me a chance to SR. Brick Break since there are a lot of dual screens these days. Lucario's purpose is anti-lead and to own Fake-out leads and scare away Tyranitar.

Has anyone given this a go? Seems like it'd work well, but the most common lead I encounter: trick-scarf Azelf would make my mind explode. For Trick you'd wanna Copycat, for SR you'd wanna Copycat, for Flamethrower you'd wanna counter.

In theory it sounds great, has anyone practiced it?

I'm not sure if I'm going to look like an idiot here, but I guess there's a shot..:

Metagross@Life Orb
52 hp/252 atk/104 spe/100 sAtk
Naughty
- Agility
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- HP Fire

Outspeeds everything, and can 2KO skarmory, OKO forrey, and others even in sandstorm.

More regice coming up:

Bait and Switch Regice

Regice @ Leftovers
252 HP / 108 Atk / 72 Def / 76 SpD
Sassy

Curse
Avalanche
Earthquake
Thunder Wave / Explosion / Hidden Power Fire

This Regice screws up so many switch-ins, it's not even funny, and it still functions decently as a special tank.

The idea here is to Curse or Thunder Wave as your opponent switches, hopefully catching something off guard. After a Curse, the most common switch-ins to Regice will fail to OHKO, while Regice can fight back, usually OHKOing his opponent.

Lucario's Close Combat, the strongest Fighting attack Regice will likely face, fails to OHKO, doing 99% maximum. Regice's Earthquake OHKOs back. Infernape faces the same fate.

Heatran, a very obvious Regice switch-in, will get nailed with a Curse boosted Earthquake, backed by enough power to OHKO. Even Modest, Choice Specs Fire Blast will not down Regice.

Obviously these are worst case scenarios. In these situations, Regice is guaranteed one kill, but if your opponent lacks these Pokemon, you'll probably get even more. The coverage of Earthquake and Avalanche is impeccable, and with such collosal defenses, Regice can set up several Curses and lay waste to the opponent. And of course, like any Stealth Rock weak Pokemon, keeping those Rocks away is of the utmost importance.

Oh yeah. choice band gross still rapes you.

Hi!, Here leave several moveSets I did some time ago:

SuperTyraniBoah
Tyranitar (M) @ Expert Belt/ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/28 Spd/228 SAtk
Quiet nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Superpower
- Thunderbolt/ Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power / Ice Beam / Fire Blast

A machine. Beats most of the Starters like Azelf falling while carrying the Focus Sash. With Superpower crack walls and is safe to Blissey with 2HKO Expert Belt (although lead Leftovers). Like other special are not so concerned about the fall of Superpower particularly ATK and can do much damage to Cresselia, OHKO Skarmory, Heatran, Donphan, and so on.

Nobody sees their potential until he uses it.

Scizor@ CBand

Adamant
252 EVs Atk, 200 EVs HP, 56 EVs Spe

- Pursuit
- Superpower
- U-Turn
- Bullet Punch

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Fire Punch
- Rock Slide
- Rest

In SS is the King.

Magnezone@ Leftovers

EVs: 252 Spd, 252 SpA, 4 Atk
Timid/ Naive nature
- HP Fire
- Thunderbolt
- Explosion/ Flash Cannon
- Magnet Rise

Magnezone trapped to Scizor and HP Fire is OHKO.

You must look around before you just post movesets. That Boah is the new standard Boah, CB Scizor is almost omnipresent, that could be the most popular Regirock, and that's just Magnezone with HP Fire that's been mentioned many times before.

I'm not sure if I'm going to look like an idiot here, but I guess there's a shot..:

Metagross@Life Orb
52 hp/252 atk/104 spe/100 sAtk
Naughty
- Agility
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- HP Fire

Outspeeds everything, and can 2KO skarmory, OKO forrey, and others even in sandstorm.
I love slapping random HPs on pokemon. I ran HP Fire Celebi (I know it's on the analysis) but I remember thinking "Oh that's on the analysis" I also ran HP Electric LO Mamo to deal with those dumb Gyarados who try to switch in, especially offensive versions. Slapping random HPs on is great fun, but not amazingly creative lo. Hidden Power Bug Gyarados anyone?

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
I'm pretty sure that someone in Wifi has a HP Bug 68 Heatran, perfect for dealing with Celebi.

But then couldn't you just Fire Blast it for more damage? lol

I know it was a sarcastic comment, but hey, why use HP Electric on Mamo when Stone Edge still hits Gyarados for SE and does probably even more damage?

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Okay, so I'm looking at Regice and noticed why the hell Charge Beam went missing. Well, here's something at least:

[SET]
name: RestTalk
move 1: Ice Beam
move 2: Rest
move 3: Sleep Talk
move 4: Charge Beam
item: Leftovers
nature: Modest
EVs: 252 HP / 180 SpA / 76 Spe

Before I go on, I'm not an expert on EVs. The rest could be tossed into Special Attack or Special Defense even. But the remaining go into Speed for toppling Blissey. Here's something noteworthy:

1240 Atk vs 386 Def & 651 HP (95 base power): 328 - 387 (50.38% - 59.45%) | Multipliers: 1.5

Unfortunately this requires all 6 Charge Beams. But a 2HKO in Sandstorm is worth it. Wish is the only problem though. But to say Regice is useless... well here.

Here's a more gimmicky strategy but possibly could work:

- Ice Beam
- Charge Beam
- Amnesia
- Rest

Yeah... use Rest to heal off the damage while using a combination of Charge beam and Amnesia for a similair "Calm Mind". Total gimmick unfortunately, but I guess viable.

Meh, Regice needs better moves.

Sableye@ Leftovers
252 hp/252 def./6 sp.atk
Bold

Counter
Recover
Calm Mind
Dark Pulse

Well,this would work...if Sableye was better.It almost gets everything to make the set work:no weak,Counter and a reliable recovery move in Recover.But the stats are missing here.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@ Colonel M

Skiddle posted the same set with different EVs just a couple of posts above yours. I used to use that set a lot as a late game stat up sweeper; it works but only against a weakened team with no pokemon with strong physical super effective hits left (Scizor, Tyranitar, Lucario, Metagross, etc).

I like your 252HP, 180SpA, 76Spe spread. It will beat all Blisseys bar CM ones. I'd stick with that.

LR.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see that you weren't running Calm, I just assumed you did. I agree with Skiddle's post below me that losing out on such a defensive bonus is not worth passing up, as the boost provided by Modest should not matter.

Personally i like the Speed EVs idea, but it is a very very very very very bad idea to not use Calm on Regice. Losing out on like 45 stat points isn't worth it, ever, even if you lose the guaranteed 2HKO on Blissey, you can still stall it out or freeze it. Also, the likelyhood of it having all 16 softboiled is very low. Here is a damage comparision of 180 SpA, Modest and 252 SpA

252 EVs: 48.54-57.14%
180, Modest: 50.08-58.99%

Both 2HKO in Sandstorm with Leftovers, so that point is moot. With your spread you get 10 more SpA in exchange for 45 Special Defense. Not a good trade off in my opinion. And what does 76 Speed outrun... Blissey only has 5 more base speed, so 44 should be enough :)

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/cacturne

Did you even check the analysis first?
UH, my set is different from the sub seed punch set, mine has SD over focus punch, allowing it to sweep with sucker punch.

Another set
Swalot@leftovers
252hp/252atk
adamant
either ability
-curse
-amnesia
-gunk shot
-elemental punch
A neat little wall, good typing allows survival. Stat up to take on more atks, maybe gunk shot for strong STAB and elemental punch for coverage. theorymon.

Another set for cacturne
leftovers
252atk/252spe
adamant
-sub
-leech seed
-body slam/cotton spore
-needle arm
30% para or lowering 50% speed is up to you. After whatever is slowed, needle arm to flinch or sub until you get a para hax. Then proceed to leech seed and sub and needle arming it. theorymon.

Man. 2 completely original work in one post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)