Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is my question really that difficult that nobody's answered it yet? ._. Is it too vague, or unclear, or something?

I have another question as well, now. Where can I find the shoddy leaderboard for the smogon server? If it's on IRC, I'll need the server address/room as well.
Since the Substitute explanation on the StrategyDex section says that hitting a Substitute does not activate Enigma Berry, my best guess is that it does not activate Yache, Wacan, Occa, whatever.

Not sure though, it's probably best if you test it yourself rather than just take my word for it.

Is my question really that difficult that nobody's answered it yet? ._. Is it too vague, or unclear, or something?

I have another question as well, now. Where can I find the shoddy leaderboard for the smogon server? If it's on IRC, I'll need the server address/room as well.
It's probably more of, the Pokemon that use Substitute don't normally carry Resist Berries on them, as that would be somewhat.. pointless..., as Pinch Berries work a whole lot better. And that Resist Berries are used to cover 2x weakness... (and for those of you who will state that it's used to cover 4x weakness and not 2x weakness, let me ask you this, what is weakness? it's taking two times damage correct? so if you're 4x weak to something then technically you're weak to it four different times and would therefore take 8x damage, so there)

It's probably more of, the Pokemon that use Substitute don't normally carry Resist Berries on them, as that would be somewhat.. pointless..., as Pinch Berries work a whole lot better. And that Resist Berries are used to cover 2x weakness... (and for those of you who will state that it's used to cover 4x weakness and not 2x weakness, let me ask you this, what is weakness? it's taking two times damage correct? so if you're 4x weak to something then technically you're weak to it four different times and would therefore take 8x damage, so there)
Actually, the terminology 4x weak usually refers to the damage multiplier, not how many of your types are weak. It would be impossible to be 4x weak if it referred to types. The most you could get is 3x weak (Dry Skin Parasect vs Fire attack)

4x weak Pokemon like Salamence, Gliscor, and Garchomp take 4x the normal amount of damage from an Ice attack.

Salamence is 2x weak to Rock, and takes 2 the normal amount of damage.

I realize that, but the problem is that weakness generally itself means you take two times as much damage, if you say it out it sort of shows some form of error, since the damage multiplier is four times, but the number of times you are weak to it is really only twice
notice:Salamence is only weak to Rock by one type and not two, and Garchomp is weak to Ice by two types not four

Could this pass as a lead?:

Gallade@Leftovers
252 hp/252 atk/6 sDef
Adamant
~ Taunt
~ Will-o-Wisp
~ Hypnosis
~ Stone Edge/Close Combat/Psycho Cut

Could this pass as a lead?:

Gallade@Leftovers
252 hp/252 atk/6 sDef
Adamant
~ Taunt
~ Will-o-Wisp
~ Hypnosis
~ Stone Edge/Close Combat/Psycho Cut
I use the female version of this type of a set as a lead, Gardevoir with double status and Psychic and TB/HP Fighting. It works pretty well.

The Serebii definition of Magnet Rise is changes own ability to Levitate. Is this true, or does the user simply become immune to Ground moves?

Analysis pages simply haven't been uploaded for them yet. They'll be up soon, though Skymin may be longer depending on the outcome of the test, which may mean it has to be rewritten for the uber tier.

Shoddy won't start which happens frequently I just uninstall and reinstall. But the program is not uninstalling for me now and I can't launch it how the heck do I clear it off my computer.

Libelldra seems to have stolen the ownpurpose.com/damage_calculator_test.php which isn't a big deal... but they deleted the STAT CALCULATOR from the bottom of the page. What do you guys use to calculate stats? I'm serious, this stat calculator coupled with the damage calculator has helped me formulate so many EV spreads... I need a stat calculator, and a good one.

Malfunction

nice desu ne
Will, isn't CoH's a good one? (clicky). It has both a damage and a stat calculator. I'm not really sure if they're the best, but they are really good otherwise ^^.

Libelldra seems to have stolen the ownpurpose.com/damage_calculator_test.php which isn't a big deal... but they deleted the STAT CALCULATOR from the bottom of the page. What do you guys use to calculate stats? I'm serious, this stat calculator coupled with the damage calculator has helped me formulate so many EV spreads... I need a stat calculator, and a good one.
You could always just boot up Shoddy Battle and go to Team Builder...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)