Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont care if its tiring. Its to get thru the game fast. Please someone tell me how to do it with one DS
WHICH pokes are you transferring anyways?

youll transfer ALL of your pokes to platinum? .. That would take much time.., In platinum, you still need to see the poke you need to transfer so that you can get it from the GTS, and after you see the poke, Offer the poke in pearl on the GTS and search for a pokemon that is uncommon(A pokemon that you might have (to avoid it being traded to another trainer), which are uncommon to people e.g.: 100 bidoof), then, trade the poke and repeat the process until you got all of your pokes.

Im planning on transfering gallade and floatzel.
Howevrer, I do not have those pokemon on my platinum Dex therefor cannot search for them to trade/offer

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
If four people enter a Super Contest with the same Pokemon, put no Accessories on it, select no dance moves, use the same appeal moves on the same judge, and none of them cause Voltage to peak, what happens?
EDIT: In process of self-answering question, will post results.
Peculiarly, the order of joining the contest was the order of who was "winning" at the beginning of the Appeals round. (That is, leader in first, performing fourth, first to join being third to appeal, etc.)
End results: The contest selected was Cool. The Visual and Dance 1/3 sections remained hilariously empty. All Appeals sections were full 1/3 for everyone. The places awarded were as follows:
Code:
Last to join: 2
Second to join: 4
First to join: 1
Group Leader: 3
Either this is the pattern it awards in a draw, or it was randomly decided. Another test will be conducted.
Code:
Last to join: 2
Second to join: 4
First to join: 1
Group Leader: 3
Same result.

When I put Honey on a tree how long do I need to wait until a Pokemon appears (Real life hours or in-game hours?)

And If I save right before it I can SR to get the Pokemon I want right?

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
When I put Honey on a tree how long do I need to wait until a Pokemon appears (Real life hours or in-game hours?)

And If I save right before it I can SR to get the Pokemon I want right?
Once Honey is placed on one of the trees and approximately 6 hours and 15 minutes have passed, a Pokémon will appear on the tree. However, there is a small chance that the Honey may disappear once applied to a tree, and it is a good idea to double-check the tree after each application. If a tree is left unchecked for approximately 24 hours, both the Honey and the Pokémon will be gone.

Saving the game, resetting, and re-checking a tree after a Pokémon has appeared will not change the Pokémon, but its level, gender, nature, IVs, and other random values will change. This is helpful for finding a male or female Burmy, which will have different evolutions depending on their gender, or Combee, which only evolves if female.

Not sure about saving and resetting before the Pokemon has appeared.

bleh, guess I'll just place honey at all areas and hope I get Munchlax on one of them..thanks , your like my personal guru.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
bleh, guess I'll just place honey at all areas and hope I get Munchlax on one of them..thanks , your like my personal guru.
No prob. My experiences confirmed what Bulbapedia had posted, so I just copypasted the info from there to here.

What are some good bulky, Physical-attacking Water Pokemon? Gyrados (95HP/79Def/100SDef), Feraligatr (85HP/100Def/83SDef), and Azumarril (100HP/80Def/80SDef) seem to be the best options, but are there any others I'm missing? I need the Pokemon to actually resist Water, which is why I'm not listing Swampert, and having Roar would definitely help, although not necessarily required.

Also, which of these three (or any other options) would you consider the "best" option if you don't have a Rapid Spinner on your team?

How do I participate in the Latias testing on Shoddy?

Magister -
Vaporeon: This Pokemon actually fills out your main requirements the best. It is bulky, has Water Absorb, and learns roar iirc.

Tentacruel: Fairly bulky, and is also a Rapidspinner.

Kingdra: Kingdra resists water 4x times, is neutral to lightning, and is a good sweeper in the right team (either through Dragon Dance + Outrage, or Rain Dance + Other.)

For the japanese version of Platinum, is there like an English option on it or something? Because I've seen quite a few Platinum recorder battles that have English text.

How do I participate in the Latias testing on Shoddy?

Magister -
Vaporeon: This Pokemon actually fills out your main requirements the best. It is bulky, has Water Absorb, and learns roar iirc.

Tentacruel: Fairly bulky, and is also a Rapidspinner.

Kingdra: Kingdra resists water 4x times, is neutral to lightning, and is a good sweeper in the right team (either through Dragon Dance + Outrage, or Rain Dance + Other.)
There's a stickied topic that talks about the Latias testing. I don't believe the testing period has started yet, though.

As for your suggestions, Vaporeon and Tentacruel won't work because they're Special Attackers. Above anything else, I need the Pokemon to be a somewhat-bulky Physical Attacker.

That having been said, Kingdra could actually work quite well in theory... But my previous experiences with it have left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. That was a very different team, though, so perhaps it's worth giving another shot, even though I don't have Rain Dance on this team (although I do use Ninjask).

Anyone else have any suggestions for good candidates?

A degensive Froslass... didn't know that even existed. How do you expect that triple 70 to take a hit? That's even less than Infernape. If you're eager to use Sing, I think the best set is either the support or the frustrating Froslass.

You'd first have to explain why you use Froslass with sing when she can do so much things so much better. Is it because you have one with good IV's?

Komodo

Huff
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Froslass @ Leftovers
bold nature
252 hp / 80 def /178 spe
- Sing
- Confuse ray
- Substitute
- Ice beam / icy wind

Sing and confusion will be annoying when you keep putting them to sleep behind a sub
icy wind could be an option since it lowers the opponents speed so you can sing them first
if you have 31 iv's in speed you can reach 300, outruns most non speed boost natures with a base of 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)