The face of platinum OU stall

Intro:

Ok First all, I'm posting this RMT for Imperfectluck.

This is stall team imperfectluck. Climbed to top of the leader board with.
This is his very successful stall team. Enjoy.

Closer View:

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 24 HP/252 Def/232 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Seismic Toss
- Wish
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
---
You might be thinking blissey lead!?!?! What? This actually works. It can get easy SR up, And it can scout oppenents move's with Protect. This blissey does 3 jobs, Special Wall, Sr support , Wish Passer. 232 Ev's guarnteed it to it's job 100%. Don't worry about agaisnt leads like Ape etc. Cause Ipl. won't be stupid enough to stay in. Not least they predict him to switch.

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion
---
Sdef ev's help it setup agiasnt special attackers, This is a big part in any stall team. The Spinner, And the Spiker. Toxic Spikes And Spikes is hazardous to anything that is not immune to it. Rapid Spin Comes in usefull when vsing other stall teams, Or when SR is being a pest. Explosion is to suicude it's self and ko or get some damage.

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/216 Def/40 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Roar
- Protect
---
Swampert is this team's Phaze/Shuffler. Also mixwall. This is the teams pure Dragon counter, ( Salamence , Flygon / Dragonite, Even LO Gyara's after SR damage. Protect scouts moves and come's in handy for things going boom, Also easy turn for toxic to kick in. Earthquake is for simple stab.

Rotom-h @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/200 Def/56 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Discharge
- Shadow Ball
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
---
Rotom-H is other mixwall. And can still counter threats like Scizor with Discharge+Para. This is a big part in stall teams, Anti Spinner, Block's those trying to rapid spin SR,Spikes,Tspikes out of the way. This can also be used as a status absorber with rest. Also brings couple usefull immunes.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/136 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Grass Knot
- Perish Song
- Reflect
- Recover
---
Celebi is amazing, Counter's Swampert also Perish song is amazing stoping pokes from setting up or scaring them out to switch in to a spikes etc...
Also sets Reflect up making all pyshical threat harmless. Also most the metagame is Pyshical Threats. So come really in handy. Recover can be a good to stall something that is toxicated or just regain lost hp.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/216 Def/40 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Roar
---
The main shuffler, Also counters Scizors which are most used pokemon currently. This also can be used as a phazer and direct damage with it's stab thunderbolt. It's ev spread make's it incredibully bulky. Roost also regains lost hp or can be played to make toxic kick in well taking not much damage.

Ok this is Imperfectluck. sucessfull stall team. ( He was looking someone to post it and i decide i will do it )

Threat List:

1. Scizor: Zapdos if SR is down against you, Rotom-H otherwise

2. Heatran: Blissey, Swampert secondary, predict the Explosion if at all possible with Protects and Rotom-H

3. Salamence: Swampert for physical versions, Blissey for mixed can wear out with WishProtect

4. Tyranitar: Swampert, Forretress for CB Crunch

5. Gyarados: Rotom-H, Celebi, Zapdos, in that order

6. Zapdos: Blissey walls it, use SR to make it waste PP and don't bother STossing it, Rotom-H should be your main counter to Discharge paralyze it

7. Blissey: lol everything walls this, but since it might carry status, only use Blissey/Celebi/Rotom to face it, until you scout the moveset. If it doesn't pack Flamethrower, Forry can set up a few sneaky entry hazards on it

8. Infernape: "good luck predicting around life orb residual damage" and pray to god you got toxic spikes down first, this is the only Pokemon I'm truly weak to

9. Lucario: Zapdos if SR isn't down, Rotom-H if SR is down

10. Gengar: Bliss Bliss Bliss, watch out for Trick, wall it with Stealth Rock pp waste technique if it doesn't switch

11. Metagross: Rotom-H is like a 100% counter to this and the safest due to boom immunity, Swampert / Zapdos / Celebi are all very good backup counters lol

12. Swampert: Celebi, Zapdos, even Blissey walls this, Celebi should be your first choice, Forretress can come in and set some stuff up

13. Bronzong: Forretress bait, Rotom-H counters this 100% as well

14. Celebi: not necessarily Forretress bait anymore, it carries HP Fire quite often, scout for it, Celebi, Rotom-H and Blissey work best to wall this

15. Jirachi: before finding out the set Rotom-H is the best bet, Rotom-H beats the physical ones best, Swampert/Zapdos also handle the physical one, Celebi beats the special one hands down as does Zapdos

16. Azelf: almost never seen except as a lead, it usually Stealth Rocks first then booms, usually Blissey should SR first, then Protect, and then go to Rotom-H if it chose not to boom

17. Starmie: since it's trying to get rid of spikes, Rotom-H is the obvious call, if that's gone, Blissey, Celebi both deal with it

18. Vaporeon: Somewhat Forretress bait, easily walled by just about everything, don't switch Rotom-H or Swampert in on this though

19. Machamp: wall with combination of Celebi / Zapdos / Rotom-H

20. Suicune: Bliss to make it Rest and force it out, Celebi can force it out with Perish Song and takes under 50% from CM'd Ice Beam, if you see lack of Leftovers it's Life Orb which means go to Blissey

21. Kingdra: go to Celebi to Reflect first and ask questions later, I mean force it out with Perish Song and switch to Forretress to set up stuff after the PSong is a good idea, Grass Knot does a ton to Kingdra

22. Gliscor - Swampert, Celebi, Zapdos all should wall standard set, SD set can still be handled by the first two

23. Breloom - let Rotom-H take the sleep, Celebi 100% walls the crap out of this

24. Togekiss - do NOT use Blissey on this, use Rotom-H and Zapdos, in that order as Togekiss might paralyze Zapdos

25. Skarmory - you know how to handle this

26. Weavile - Forretress will usually intimidate this into switching out, Swampert can take its hits

27. Rotom-h - be very, very careful of Trick here and don't let Blissey get Tricked, use Blissey to wall it and PP stall it, in desperate times Zapdos can makeshift wall this although it's risky

28. Magnezone - Rotom-H to wall it as Blissey might get boomed

29. Electivire - Rotom-H is like a 100% counter, Swampert otherwise, Celebi can take a hit and then Reflect

30. Flygon - Swampert

There you go, Just 30 threats countered. And there is defentiley more.

Well go ahead and rate!

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
What can I say? Bravo on a great team.

The only suggest I can make which may help you remove the one threat to your team (infernape) is to add a rest talk gyarados over zapdos. They both counter similar things and swampert can still phaze. Gyarados also has the option of using roar so it could be a phazer too.

Kind of sub-punch gengar weak, but they're not common at all, most are trick, and zapdos and pert can take a hit and whirlwind it out.

"Skarmory - you know how to handle this" - Do you go to foretress to rapid spin and potentially set up spikes yourself or go to zapdos to scare it out?

Gengar @ life orb
Surely this is very problematic able to seriously damage most of your pokemon blissey and forrey your answers to it cant really do anything to it. You could put gyro ball on forry in that case. Other than that the infernape weep is problematic but otherwise awesome team. You could bump zapdos up to 176 speed to ouspeed lucario as he could cause problems but apart from that this stall team really is inspirational.

Yeah you definately want the ability to hit Gengar since Zapdos and Swapert take a hell of alot from LO Shadow Balls and cant do much back to it, forry is in the same boat. I would put Ice Beam >> Stealth Rock on Blissey to help with this, also helps with dragons getting free switch ins who do cause you problems.

Protect is kinda a meh move and seems almost "filler" like, just put Stealth Rock >> Protect on Swampert if you do the above with Bliss.

Given the popularity of Magnezone + dragon teams, its really not wise to leave the house without a Shed Shell on forry imo. Getting your Outrage resist removed for nothing just lets you get drilled by Mence etc. Since Swampert takes 92.08% average from a LO DD Outrage from mence (who is your next best counter) you really want to keep forry around.

Also i would really give Celebi max hp/max def with bold to better handle LO Gyarados (because your current ev spread takes up to ~77% from a DD LO Ice Fang and Rotom isnt the most reliable counter to Dos either so its nice to have insurance) and to some extent Kingdra too.

I agree with the defensive Gyarados suggestion >> Zappy. It will help out that Mixape problem and as said they handle near enough the same stuff.

Just a few nitpicks, but yeah, cool team.

Adamant SD LO Lucario looks to be a very big problem, particularly those that use Ice Punch. It outruns your whole team, gets a free SD any time Blissey comes out, and the only member of your team it cannot OHKO with SR down is Rotom-H, who can only 2HKO in return, so you would have to rely wholly on Discharge's paralysis rate, not to mention with the huge popularity of CBTyranitar and your Rotom having no way to scratch him, Rotom is very easy pickings for Pursuit.

It shouldn't be IMPOSSIBLE to stall it to death via Life Orb recoil, but it seems like doing so will most often result in your team being severely crippled, which would open it up to many other threats.

The easiest solution i can see to this problem is replacing one of Rotom-H's moves for Will-o'-Wisp. To be honest this would probably be a pretty good idea even if it weren't for Lucario as it makes CBTyranitar less of an instant death, although Ttar will most likely be poisoned by then anyway. This would allow you to switch into Lucario as he Swords Dances, burn him as he attacks you, and then either Rest while he fails to finish you off, or switch to Zapdos or Celebi who can now live through Ice Punch. This is even still kind of risky as Lucario could just as easily have Crunch, but in that case Zapdos should fare decently enough, and either way, when all is said and done, SD Lucario is regarded as a stall breaker for a reason!

Aside from that, and I guess the somewhat frightening MixInfernape weakness which isn't actually so bad thanks to toxic spikes, this looks like a fantastic team and i look forward to facing the tons of people who will no doubt be copying it in the near future.

The easiest solution i can see to this problem is replacing one of Rotom-H's moves for Will-o'-Wisp
Really his best option is just to increase zappy speed to 176evs this will outspeed all adamant lucario but tbh he might as well just switch to bulky rest talk gyara.

Protect is kinda a meh move and seems almost "filler" like, just put Stealth Rock >> Protect on Swampert if you do the above with Bliss.
I completely disagree with this protect on swampert is absolutely awesome it prevents many 2hko and stalls outrage without it he would be even more dragon weak. With all the choice items around these days ipl can stay one step ahead of his opponent honestly the swampert set is perfect for this team as it is imo.

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Very annoying team, and you use it very well

I see Infernape giving you a lot of problems, specially NP ones, since the only thing that can stop it is your Zapdos, and with SR, and Infernape with a NP, it can OHKO your entire team (FB rotom, zapdos, forry and celebi, grass knot swampert and CC bliss).

Lucario is another poke that gives you a lot of trouble. Zapdos fears Ice Punch, while rotom fears Crunch.

DDmence seems to be a bit dangerous for your team, since with DD Outrage it can do a good number against your team (i have OHKOed tons of swampys with my DDmence, it just needs to be at 90%), and your forry doesnt like taking outrage (ok, it can explode on it, but in late game, forry wont be at 100%, and that could mean trouble).

Calm forry works really well, much better I had thought, and it helps a lot with your subgar problem, since bliss cannot hurt it.

Well, the only thing I can think of for Infernape is pretty crazy but actually works..."Rindo Berry", it solves your problem of Infernape there.

Firstly, unexpected and secondly, It takes the Grass Knot then can Earthquake and finish it off.

Thats bascially they only way you really can go around it, apart from changing with Gyarados > Zapdos which I really don't recommend...

Shed Shell is all I can say for Forretress .-.

Well anyway, try Rindo Berry on for size and see where it gets you with that pesky MixApe.

Glad I Could Help
- Vintage

lol, wall Tyranitar. What on earth for?

Swamperts Earthquake OHKO's anyway.

And 6% doesn't let you wall off dragons now? lol. Swampert can still take hits and Ice Beam them back without Leftovers....

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
"lol, wall Tyranitar. What on earth for?"

So it doesn't sweep the rest of his team, stall teams are all about countering threats.

swamperts earthquake does not KO tyranitar IIRC. 6% is huge, it turns heaps of 2HKO / 3HKOs into 3HKOs / 4HKOs. Sorry, but rindo berry is crap and its not worth putting on just to stop infernape.

after a nasty plot, with rindo berry, grass knot does something like 145%, i dont know i kind of lost interest after i saw it exceeded 100%

Rindo berry lol

Hmm Zapdos works fine to take infernape down from i seen and tryed.

Basically it's 50/50 . You tbolt they fireblast, Roost hoping for a miss lol.

Or like it die from entry hazards and poison nd LO.

I'm not that good with stall teams, but would Calm Zapdos help with Infernape? I mean, assuming MixApe, Infernape can't really do much to it, 307 SpAtk Flamethrower is easily roosted off, and it doesn't really hurt your team to change from Bold to Calm, or am I missing something? btw i see you have loads of threats covered, awesome team.

lol, panamaxis...

Just so you know....Tyranitar can't touch Swampert by the time its been killed.

And yea, I know Rindo Berry does sound stupid but heck if thats all he can go with to cover up his Infernape weakness and all why not...Ok, sure theres always Nasty Plot Ape which still is a problem =/ However, Mixape is much more common.

Oh and its better than changing Zapdos for Gyarados.

^^^ No......

Anyway, I think Gyarados does seem to be a good fit over Zapdos. Covers similar stuff like Scizor, Lucario, and other physical attackers. Can't phaze, but at least he can take on every kinda mix ape (except those with T Punch, which means that it probably lacks Grass Knot).

I like the Blissey lead; can really mess up non-suicide leads with some mind games (like Metagross).

Rag

"aaaaaaaahhhh!"
Gyarados fits great in a stallteam due to its ability to handle some key threats threats - Lucario, Scizor, and Infernape in particular. Why wouldn't there be any "point" in adding Gyarados? As far as I can see it would be a valuable asset as all these three Pokémon are potential threats to his team.

=l

So lose the pressure stalling for something he already has...? A resttalker...

Who would be insane enough to do that...

Meh, with IPL's level of skill he could propably predict well enough to take it out. As much as I don't like saying it though Rindo Berry is the only thing he can do for Mixape.

Rag

"aaaaaaaahhhh!"
Vintage: lol exactly how is that insane? He'd lose a Zapdos to a Gyarados to deal with a major weakness of his, not a Pressure staller to another ResTalker (and really, how's that a problem? You gotta have some sort of recovery when you're on a stall team with all the residual damage in the metagame), and Gyarados still deals with those threats Zapdos kept a check on. I'd say it's a pretty good trade-off.

NPmixape seems to be the main problem and even resttalk gyrados wont like an LO NP grass knot, I suggest tentacruel, he can lay down his own toxic spikes so forry doesnt have to lay down 5 layers of spikes, possible give him more defensive EVs so he can explode on an outraging dragon without taking signifigant damage

303 spA Infernape Grass Knot with LO and NP 71-83%, if SR isnt blown away theres a very high chance resttalk gyrados dies and infernape sweeps the team

Just so you know, Rotom-H isnt Fire Ghost, its electric ghost, as im reading your threat list it seems your afraid to switch it into a vaporeons surf, when its only neutral effective

NPmixape seems to be the main problem and even resttalk gyrados wont like an LO NP grass knot, I suggest tentacruel, he can lay down his own toxic spikes so forry doesnt have to lay down 5 layers of spikes, possible give him more defensive EVs so he can explode on an outraging dragon without taking signifigant damage

303 spA Infernape Grass Knot with LO and NP 71-83%, if SR isnt blown away theres a very high chance resttalk gyrados dies and infernape sweeps the team

Thank you for explaining exactly what I was about to say!! o_o;

Anyhow, yup. Tentacruel over Zapdos to stop Ape. And then Skarmory over Forrey and it would then be more assuring spikes and can also take Infernape out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)