Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could these three make an effective first half?

Froslass@BrightPowder
EVs: 244 HP / 12 def / 252 spe
Nature: Timid
-Thunder Wave
-Confuse Ray
-Spikes
-Substitute

Miltank@Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Nature: Impish
-Stealth Rock
-Heal Bell
-Milk Drink
-Body Slam

Milotic@Life Orb
EVs: 252 Hp/ 200 Sp.atk/56 Spe
Nature: Modest
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power
-Recover

Froslass would enjoy Leftovers over BrightPowder, to help recover from using Substitute. Froslass already has Snow Cloak, and BrightPowder doesn't add significant evasion to be advantageous.

On Milotic, I'm guessing it's Electric, correct? I don't like Hydro Pump's shaky accuracy and low PP, to be honest. Surf is the better option over the long run.

You might also want to add an attacking move on Froslass over Spikes as Miltank already lays down an entry hazard in just a single turn while with Spikes, 3 turns, Shadow Ball or Ice Beam comes to mind.

Froslass would enjoy Leftovers over BrightPowder, to help recover from using Substitute. Froslass already has Snow Cloak, and BrightPowder doesn't add significant evasion to be advantageous.

On Milotic, I'm guessing it's Electric, correct? I don't like Hydro Pump's shaky accuracy and low PP, to be honest. Surf is the better option over the long run.
Snow Cloak won't activate though without Hail :(

If Scizor has Technitian, uses Pursuit, and the opposing pokemon switches out, does Pursuit get the Technitian boost as well as the double power?

EDIT: Thanks, Cards of the Heart

Could these three make an effective first half?

Froslass@BrightPowder
EVs: 244 HP / 12 def / 252 spe
Nature: Timid
-Thunder Wave
-Confuse Ray
-Spikes
-Substitute

Miltank@Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Nature: Impish
-Stealth Rock
-Heal Bell
-Milk Drink
-Body Slam

Milotic@Life Orb
EVs: 252 Hp/ 200 Sp.atk/56 Spe
Nature: Modest
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power
-Recover
Make it a Suicide Froslass lead:

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Snow Cloak
4 Def/252 SpA/252 Spd
Timid
-Spikes
-Destiny Bond
-Taunt
-Ice Beam

Destiny Bond first thing against faster stuff, spikes against slower ones. Quite effective; they either die with you, or let you set up spikes.

Milktank is fine.

I remember there was a very effective LO Milotic set somewhere before. It was in the Platinum Updates, but the article no longer exists.

I would however, recommend running more Speed and some more EVs in Defense as well.

Here's a simply question with an important answer; since it will determine if I continue to play this game or not:

Do official pokemon tournaments have any way to detect hacks? Ever since I heard how easy it is for people to hack their perfect IVs and stuff, I've been greatly discouraged to go through the process of training my pokemon for the best possible stats, considering how rampant hacked pokemon seemed to be.

The most recent tournament that took place here in the US, did all the winners use legit pokemon, or were they hacked? Did they have a way to prove it?

I wanna get back in the game, but only if I know all my hard work won't be for naught when it comes to the tournament scene.

A quick question about the New Mixmence (Salamence) set: Would it be a bad idea to replace Fire Blast with Flamethrower? I've never been too keen on Fire Blast's lower accuracy...

haunter

Banned deucer.
A quick question about the New Mixmence (Salamence) set: Would it be a bad idea to replace Fire Blast with Flamethrower? I've never been too keen on Fire Blast's lower accuracy...
fire blast ensures a 2hko on a sassy max\max bronzong and gives you a good chance of ohko'ing a 252 hp metagross with the ev's suggested in the analysis. Of course, if you hate missing, you can always use flamethrower over fire blast.

Can Steel-type Pokemon be poisoned by Twineedle/Poison Point/Toxic Orb? I always thought this was impossible, but I read somewhere on another site it's not, so I'd like to know the truth...

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Here's a simply question with an important answer; since it will determine if I continue to play this game or not:

Do official pokemon tournaments have any way to detect hacks? Ever since I heard how easy it is for people to hack their perfect IVs and stuff, I've been greatly discouraged to go through the process of training my pokemon for the best possible stats, considering how rampant hacked pokemon seemed to be.

The most recent tournament that took place here in the US, did all the winners use legit pokemon, or were they hacked? Did they have a way to prove it?

I wanna get back in the game, but only if I know all my hard work won't be for naught when it comes to the tournament scene.
Yes, they do have hack checkers. There is a warstory in the archive by zerowing(I think) at an official tournament.

Don't worry, hackers are usually caught.

Can Steel-type Pokemon be poisoned by Twineedle/Poison Point/Toxic Orb? I always thought this was impossible, but I read somewhere on another site it's not, so I'd like to know the truth...
Nope. In fact, trick Jirachi with toxic orb is a good gimmick.

I know this isn't the place to place this but I I don't have time to figure out where it goes...

Random Battle-

Ex Point switched in Wigglytuff (lvl 100 Wigglytuff ?).
Staravia used Facade.
Wigglytuff lost 30% of its health.
Wigglytuff's Cute Charm infatuated Staravia!
The wish came true!
Wigglytuff restored 50% of its health.
---
Staravia is in love with foe Wigglytuff!
Staravia used Swagger.
Wigglytuff's attack was sharply raised.
Wigglytuff became confused!
Wigglytuff is confused!
Wigglytuff used Icy Wind.
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Staravia lost 153% of its health.
gpx's Staravia fainted.
---
gpx switched in Magby (lvl 100 Magby ?).
Magby used Dynamicpunch.
Magby's attack missed!
Wigglytuff is confused!
Wigglytuff used Bounce.
Wigglytuff bounced up!
---
Ex Point: WTF
Ex Point: oh
Ex Point: swagger
Magby used Protect.
Magby protected itself!
Wigglytuff is confused!
It hurt itself in its confusion!
Wigglytuff lost 20% of its health.
---
Wigglytuff is trapped!
Magby used Dynamicpunch.
Magby's attack missed!
Wigglytuff snapped out of confusion!
Wigglytuff bounced up!
---
Magby used Protect.
Magby protected itself!
Wigglytuff bounced up!
---

Wigglytuff is trapped!

Ex Point: Dude
Ex Point: its trapping me
Ex Point: cause bounce failed
gpx: glitch?

Magby used Dynamicpunch.
It's super effective!
Wigglytuff lost 48% of its health.
Wigglytuff became confused!
Wigglytuff is confused!
Wigglytuff bounced up!
---
Ex Point: yup
Ex Point: i didnt even use bounce

Magby used Ember.
Wigglytuff lost 11% of its health.
Wigglytuff is confused!
Wigglytuff bounced up!
---

Magby used Ember.
Wigglytuff lost 12% of its health.
Wigglytuff was burned!
Wigglytuff is confused!
Wigglytuff bounced up!
Wigglytuff was hurt by its burn!
Wigglytuff lost 12% of its health.
Ex Point's Wigglytuff fainted.
---

I had 7pp in Bounce before she died... Bounce has 8pp in total.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Hi, I'm from Canada and planning to make a drive to US for the TRU Shaymin event with some friends in Feb. I just want to make sure something. After receiving the event the first time, if I want to keep soft resetting for Shaymin for nature/IVs, do I have to be in TRU's wireless range (in order to receive the shaymin), or can I just go back to Canada to soft reset, once I get the event?

When you go to the event, you will receive a Mystery Card that's saved to your DS (providing you don't have too many other Mystery Cards already saved). That Mystery Card will activate a man to wait in any Poke Mart in the game, to present you with a Shaymin if you have a slot open in your party. Yes, you can save before talking to the man, and soft reset for a Shaymin with better IVs (if it follows the past Mystery Card events).

Oh yah, I know I can do that (since I've done that before already, inside a TRU). It's just that I'm not sure whether the mystery card will disappear (i.e. the mystery man will disappear) when I am out of the TRU's wireless range. I'm guessing not, but I just want to make sure. ... Wouldn't want to make a couple hundred miles of driving just to... not get the event lol.

The card won't disappear unless you select to delete it from your DS. The man will be there until you delete the card or pick up the pokemon he gives you. You don't have to be in TRU's wireless range to soft reset, rest assured.

Hi, I've been out of the game for a while, and I was wondering if anything new has happened since the time lati@s were being testing for OU. this can be anything like new sets, news on competitor, etc. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)