A Match for a Dollar(Uber Warstory)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Markiss is a friend in real life, someone who plays Pokemon more vigorously than I do. (Which isnt really saying much)
Anyways, he wanted to get into the Uber Metagame but wasnt really famaliar with it as all he played before was OU and some UU

So I said, why dont you replicate an uber team from the Smogon RMT Forums, and I'll play you with my team. He eventually told me that he decided on Xtreemmasheen3k2's recent Uber RMT, found here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51212

So credit goes to Xtreemmasheen3k2 for making an appealing RMT.

To spice things up a bit, he bet a dollar(which isnt really much, just enough to buy like a bag of chips or something.) I was like, OK, easy dollar right?

Antonioray's (My) Team:

Credit to http://www.pokemonnextgeneration.nl for the images.

markiss is my friend, Antonioray is me.

markiss's moves will look like this.
antonioray's moves will look like this.
other text will look like this.
Leftovers will be removed.
Nicknames will be removed.
Sandstorm/hail damage will be removed.
Scores will be shown after each KO.
Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause
markiss sent out Deoxys-e (lvl 100 Deoxys-e).
antonioray sent out Deoxys-e (lvl 100 Deoxys-e).
Deoxys-e is exerting its pressure!
Deoxys-e is exerting its pressure!
Deoxys-e used Taunt.
Deoxys-e fell for the taunt!
Deoxys-e used Shadow Ball. (my Deoxys, in case you couldnt tell or purple looks black or w/e)
It's super effective!
Deoxys-e lost 50% of its health

I hate Deoxys-E leads with a passion, Stealth Rocks + Spikes is just plain gay, so to stop it I made sure my own Deoxys-E can 2hKO with Shadow Ball.
---
Deoxys-e used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around your foe's team!
Deoxys-e used Shadow Ball.( My Deoxys again)
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Deoxys-e lost 50% of its health.
markiss's Deoxys-e fainted.

And it does, with an unneccesary crit.
(5-6)
---
markiss switched in Scizor (lvl 100 Scizor ?).
Deoxys-e used Extremespeed.
It's not very effective...
Scizor lost 12% of its health.
Scizor used Pursuit.
It's super effective!
Deoxys-e lost 78% of its health.
Scizor lost 10% of its health.

Oh snap, that Scizor is bad news for my team. Im still under the effects of Taunt, and nothing on my team can take an attack from Scizor so I'll just let Deo-E die. I guess theres no SR for me this round.
---
Deoxys-e used Extremespeed.
Scizor lost 11% of its health.
Scizor used Pursuit.
It's super effective!
Deoxys-e lost 22% of its health.
antonioray's Deoxys-e fainted.
(5-5)
Scizor lost 10% of its health.

Here my Deoxys goes down, but at least it stopped the foe from getting too many entry hazards into play.
---
antonioray switched in Mew (lvl 100 Mew).
Pointed stones dug into Mew.
Mew lost 12% of its health.

Mew is a great Pokemon, its just that some people abuse it for Baton Passing duties, which is plain gay. Since thats about the only Mew people see recently, I was able to use a Mew set that deviated from the norm.

Mew used Overheat.
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Scizor lost 57% of its health.
markiss's Scizor fainted.
(4-5)
Mew's special attack was harshly lowered.
Mew lost 10% of its health.

Bwahhh! And Scizor goes down! If any of you ask why didnt he switch out, he was probably planning on Uturning out to guard against my Mew getting a free Rock Polish. A smart move, but it cost his Scizor.

---
markiss switched in Rayquaza (lvl 100 Rayquaza).

Rayquaza is also a big threat to my team. Since my Mew is at -2, it cant do much. I cant let Rayquaza set up, and if its a MixQuaza with Meteor I'd die anyway so Id just guard against the set up with Taunt:

Mew used Taunt.
Rayquaza fell for the taunt!
Rayquaza used Swords Dance.
Rayquaza can't use Swords Dance after the taunt!

So its a Swords Dance Rayquaza, and I score on a Taunt.
That turn was a wash, lets see if his Rayquaza stays in because little does he know, my little Mew also packs Ice Beam.
---
markiss switched in Kyogre (lvl 100 Kyogre).
Kyogre's Drizzle caused a storm!
Rain began to fall!
Mew used Ice Beam.
Kyogre lost 6% of its health.
Mew lost 10% of its health.
The rain continues to fall.

And he wisely switches to Kyogre, who with my Mew at -2, could probably take on a Grass Knot or something. Again, nothing on my team can switch directly into a Kyogre so I'd just stay in and show off the last of my Mew's abilities....
---
Mew used Explosion.
Kyogre lost 100% of its health.
markiss's Kyogre fainted.
(3-5)
antonioray's Mew fainted.
(3-4)

Foolishly, markiss stays in on a Mew Explosion, with is no joke when powered by Life Orb. Id say Mew performed good today, taking down 2 enemy Pokes and disrupting a third.

Here both of us get a free switch in, so I switch in....
---
markiss switched in Wobbuffet (lvl 100 Wobbuffet ?).
antonioray switched in Dugtrio (lvl 100 Dugtrio ?).
Pointed stones dug into Dugtrio.
Dugtrio lost 6% of its health.

Dugtrio. This is because unless the Pokemon my opponent switches in is a levitator or a Ground Type, Its stuck in which could give me a free switch in, or in this case, a favorable matchup as my Dugtrio managed to trap his Wobbuffet.

Dugtrio used Toxic.
Wobbuffet was badly poisoned!
Wobbuffet used Counter.
But it failed!
Wobbuffet is hurt by poison!
Wobbuffet lost 6% of its health.

Yes, I carry Toxic on my Dugtrio, mainly to eliminate Blissey from the equation but I guess it can work for Wobbuffet too.
---
Dugtrio used Substitute.
Dugtrio lost 25% of its health.
Dugtrio made a substitute!
Wobbuffet used Encore.
Dugtrio got an encore!
Wobbuffet lost 12% of its health.

My Dugtrio also packs Substitute so I dont get Toxiced myself by Blissey, but again, it works well against Wobbuffet.

Since I got an encore, for the next couple of turns I will do nothing except Substitute as he continues to lose health to Toxic damage. So for viewing purposes, I will skip ahead to....
---
Dugtrio used Substitute.
But it failed!
Wobbuffet used Counter.
But it failed!
Wobbuffet lost 37% of its health.
markiss's Wobbuffet fainted.

(2-4)

Yea, it was like 3 or 4 turns of Wobbuffet just being gay and wasting my time while it suffers from Toxic damage and eventually faints. Thank God that piece of shit is over and done with.

---
markiss switched in Rayquaza (lvl 100 Rayquaza).

Already knowing markiss's Rayquaza is a Swords Dance version from its previous bout with Mew, I switch to the ultimate Swords Dance Rayquaza check:

antonioray switched in Gengar (lvl 100 Gengar ?).
Pointed stones dug into Gengar.
Gengar lost 12% of its health.
Rayquaza used Swords Dance.
Rayquaza's attack was sharply raised.

Yes, I knew Markiss couldnt pass up on the oppurtunity for a free Swords Dance. My Gengar gets in safely, ready to pound it with HP Ice since im faster and Immune to Extremespeed.
---
Gengar used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Rayquaza lost 100% of its health.
markiss's Ray QUAILMAN fainted.
(1-4)

This was probably the worst move by markiss, because what was he trying to test, if his Rayquaza can outspeed my Gengar? Pff no way, and his Rayquaza pays the price.
---
markiss switched in Latias (lvl 100 Latias ?).

In hindsight, knowing his last Pokemon is a Latias, markiss's previous move was even stupider as Latias can switch into Gengar with ease unless its Explosion, thanks to Latias's 3 ton Special Defense and Soul Dew.

Gengar used Taunt.
Latias fell for the taunt!
Latias used Dragon Pulse.
A critical hit!
Gengar lost 100% of its health.
antonioray's Gengar fainted.
(1-3)

HP Ice wouldnt do shit vs Latias, and none of my other moves will do much to it since i lack Explosion, so I'd just Taunt it with hopes of preventing it from Calm Minding. My Gengar bites the dust, but at least it prevented an SD Ray sweep.

Now I switch to the ultimate Latias counter:

---
antonioray switched in Tyranitar (lvl 100 Tyranitar ?).
Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
The rain stopped.
A sandstorm brewed!
Pointed stones dug into Tyranitar.
Tyranitar lost 12% of its health.

Since Latias is his last Pokemon, theres no need to Pursuit, meaning I can just Crunch it to death. I could almost smell the free dollar(and by consequence, the bag of chips.)

Latias used Grass Knot.
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Tyranitar lost 88% of its health.
antonioray's Tyranitar fainted.
(1-2)
The sandstorm rages.

And..., my plans are ruined by an untimely crit. With no Calm Mind boosts, Tyranitar couldve easily survived Grass Knot and KOed back with Crunch, but w/e. So beating the Latias wouldnt be as easy as I thought.
---
antonioray switched in Dugtrio (lvl 100 Dugtrio ?).
Pointed stones dug into Dugtrio.
Dugtrio lost 6% of its health.

Of my remaining Pokemon, Mewtwo had the best chance of beating it in the long run, so I decide to sack my Dugtrio, but not before I...

Dugtrio used Sucker Punch.
It's super effective!
Latias lost 66% of its health.
Dugtrio lost 10% of its health.
Latias used Dragon Pulse.
Dugtrio lost 53% of its health.
antonioray's Dugtrio fainted.
(1-1)
The sandstorm rages.

Yess, Latias was still under Taunt so it had no choice but to attack me, to which I deliver a swift Sucker Punch to soften it up for Mewtwo.
---
antonioray switched in Mewtwo (lvl 100 Mewtwo).
Mewtwo is exerting its pressure!
Pointed stones dug into Mewtwo.
Mewtwo lost 12% of its health.
Mewtwo used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Latias lost 22% of its health.
markiss's Latias fainted.
(0-1)

Ahhhh yea, Mewtwo ties Latias's blood vessel and makes them snap.
OK not really but Mewtwo finishes off Latias cleanly for the win, something that shouldve happened with Tyranitar. But whose to complain?
We say our ggs as I will demand him for the dollar the next time I see him in school.

But still, not a bad match for a first timer

antonioray wins!

Markiss's team (Xtreemmasheen3k2's team) :

This log was formatted using Warmachine Version 1.0

Pros:
Markiss for a great match.
Xtreemmasheen3k2 for making a great team.
My Mew for being so dominant
Gengar for stopping SD Rayquaza
Dugtrio for showing Wobbuffet whose boss.

Slops:
Wobbuffet for existing.
Scizor for almost destroying my entire team
Latias crit on Tyranitar that dragged it longer than it had to.
My Deoxys E for not doing shit.

it was a gg, i think i might start making my own team soon, and btw, im never going to pay you because that was bogus lol

I've read better. Your comments are seriously dull, as you basically just summarize the moves and nothing more.
But I wouldn't touch the format since simple is usually best for warstories. If you fancy it up too much you may end up ruining it. A few sprites thrown in would be nice though, as well as keeping track of scores/remaining pokes.

similar to Olie and Chou, I didn't really like it. Not many good plays, the comments didn't really show your thought processes. I don't really play ubers, but I don't think this was one of the better battles.

I wouldn't say the battle was fantastic, but the log was very nice, and I enjoyed reading it. The backstory behind the battle was interesting too, enjoy your dollar. Nice job ;)

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Meh, the battle was nothing special. Also, in the comments, you shouldn't just surmise what you did, give us the thought process.
For a future warstory, choose a better battle, and give us insightful commentary.

This Warstory was a little dull, but being short made it a nice quick read. A close battle isn't necessarily a good battle. The closeness of this battle was, as far as you made it sound, entirely due to hax anyway. "Nothing on my team can safely switch into Kyogre" is always a worry as well.

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
You seem decent are writing, but next time choose a better battle, that involves prediction and making sacrificies to help end-game sweeps and the such. Warstorying interesting battles is the way to go.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think it's agreed by all (myself included) that the warstory was quite boring and not worth the read. Locking to save other users the trouble of reading through this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)