Successful Uber Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably one of the best, if not the best uber team I've made. It's been doing great, only losing due to hax and sometimes just plain getting outplayed. I'll be using that great format that I stole from husk.

The goal of this team is to set up Mew to pass a Rock Polish to either Mix Dialga or Bulk Up Palkia, who devastate teams with speed passed to them.

Deoxys-e @ Light Clay
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/40 Def/16 Spd/200 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Taunt
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Stealth Rock

Description: Deoxys is a great lead, outspeeding everything and setting up SR and the screens, whilst preventing Mew and Groudon leads from setting up, as well as foiling Darkrai sleep attempts.

EVs: The EVs I created allow Deoxys to outspeed Deoxys-A, while only being 3HKO'd by Modest Latios' Draco Meteor with Light Screen up. With the EVs in defense, Deoxys also survives a CB Crunch from T-tar with Reflect up.

Team Work: Deoxys gets SR set up, which ruins random sashers from coming in and spoiling my efforts, and hurts Rayquaza that switch in. Reflect and Light Screen make it easier for everyone on the team to switch into attacks, strong or weak.

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 240 HP/244 Def/24 Spd
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Description: Kyogre provides a much needed Rest Talker on the team, it can absorb status, take hits, and dish them out as well. I use Ice Beam instead of CM because I'd rather take out Rayquaza then set-up.

EVs: With these EVs, Kyogre can survive an SD'd Earthquake from Groudon, as well as outspeed Adamant Tar and KO it before it wrecks havoc on my team.

Team Work: Absorbs sleep, counters Groudon and most Metagross, and attracts Thunders that Wobb can use to KO someone, or Mew can use to set up on.

Wobbuffet @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 HP/252 Def/252 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Safeguard

Description: The King Of Cheap. Encores set-up moves so Mew can come in and start setting up. Gets plenty of kills in the match thanks to it's awesome durability, and with Light Screen or Reflect up it's ability to tank hits is even better. Safeguard protects the team from painful status.

EVs: Max Special defense so it survive Calm Minded Dragon Pulses from Latios, so he can Mirror Coat them right back for the KO. Max defense lets Wobb withstand Outrages from Rayquaza, as well as EQ's from Groudon.

Team Work: Helps Mew get set up, as well as easily removing threats from battle thanks to Counter and Mirror Coat. Also protects the team from status, which severely hurts Palkia and Dialga.

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP/220 Spd/36 SDef
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Baton Pass
- Hypnosis
- Substitute
- Rock Polish

Description: One of the crucial aspects of the team. Comes in on a move Wobb encored, and then Subs. The incoming counter will then be slept, and I'll set up Rock Polish and Sub, and pass it to either Palkia or Dialga, depending on the Pokemon that's in, and the remaining Pokemon.

EVs: 320 speed beats Rayquaza, meaning I can sleep it before being KO'd with Outrage. Also beats out Modest Latios and Latias. Max HP for 101 Subs, which can be passed meaning Blissey is screwed against my recipient. Rest in Special defense to take hits a little better.

Team Work: Passes Speed and Bulky Subs to Dialga and Palkia, making a sweep much easier.

Dialga @ Life Orb
EVs: 224 Atk/32 Spd/252 SAtk
Mild nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Dragon Claw
- Thunder
- Brick Break
- Draco Meteor

Description: Mix Dialga, a speedier varient, but possesses much more power, thanks to Life Orb. With Speed passed to it, not much can withstand it, except the rare Deoxys-D, who can be used as set-up fodder for Palkia.

EVs: The EVs out speed Adamant Tar before a Rock Polish boost, and Deoxys-A after a boost. The rest was dumped into attack so that Dragon Claw and Brick Break pack a punch. With all those attack EVs, Latias are OHKO'd, Blissey 2HKO'd, and pretty much everything else is 2HKO'd or OHKO'd.

Team Work: One of my recipients, and helps the team by KOing the opposition.

Palkia @ Lustrous Orb
EVs: 36 HP/252 Atk/220 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Aqua Tail

Description: Beastly. After a Bulk Up or two, this thing is unstoppable. Dragon Claw KOs the Latis with ease, while Aqua Tail will OHKO Bliss after two Bulk Ups, and it's surprisingly easy to grab 2 Bulk Ups. Only Groudon, Giratina, and Lugia wall this, but they're all handled by Dialga. Lustrous Orb gives a great boost to Aqua Tail and Dragon Claw, ensuring they KO what they're supposed to.

EVs: Outspeeds Rayquaza before a Rock Polish, and pretty much everything after one. Contemplating using an Adamant nature so that I can 2HKO Giratina after a Bulk Up.

Team Work: Clean up the opponent's team, while taking physical hits thanks to Bulk Up.

Well, there you have it. Rate away.

It looks to me like your team relies on reflect and light screen in order to set up everything, which will take way more than 5 turns if you include hax, sleep etc etc.
I suggest taking out surf on kyogre, in order to get calm mind.
More than half of the ubers are dragons, or flying types. After 2 calm minds, it can devastate a team, as well as walling.
And with wobbuffets speed, it could be taunted easily, and then allows the opponent to get atleast 1 SD, DD, CM etc.

I'm a newbie at team building, but i'm just trying to help :]

8/10 ^_^

It looks to me like your team relies on reflect and light screen in order to set up everything, which will take way more than 5 turns if you include hax, sleep etc etc.
I suggest taking out surf on kyogre, in order to get calm mind.
More than half of the ubers are dragons, or flying types. After 2 calm minds, it can devastate a team, as well as walling.
And with wobbuffets speed, it could be taunted easily, and then allows the opponent to get atleast 1 SD, DD, CM etc.

I'm a newbie at team building, but i'm just trying to help :]

8/10 ^_^
I dont think the thread opener wants this team to be rated now since its kinda 6 months old.

This team I believe to have battled it a lot of times (I am King Troy on Smogon Shoddy), you suffer a lot of ScarfChomp, is very weak according to me to Rock Polish-Groudon, you should change something in the team, I don't for instance see very useful Wobbufet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)