Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Can someone tell me what is the metang@ joke?
Some guy posted an RMT that just had Metang @

Does Synchronize affect Cresselia? I've SR'd a few and it looks like a no, but I want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong. If the answer is in fact no, does anyone know why?
No, synchronize doesn't work on roaming legends. Cresselia's is set after you talk to her, the same with Mesprit.

Just a few questions about IVs, I realize there is a guide on smogon but I feel overwhelmed by it.

1- How long does it usually take to get 1 pokemon the IV spread you want/nature and egg moves.
2- How do people get different IV's on legendary pokemon? I see people posting their IVs on like, a heatran or deoxys and asking if they should "keep going".
3- I feel really overwhelmed by IVs. I have EV trained and bread for natures for over a year now, but IVs just seemed out of my reach. If anyone could add me on msn or something to go step by step to finish 1 pokemon that would be awesome. PM me if anyone is generous enough to help out.

thanks =)

EDIT: oh and what does "SR'd" mean?

haha another question. Is it easier to breed on emerald? I hear a lot of people saying the are breeding on emerald so I assume it's easier.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Just a few questions about IVs, I realize there is a guide on smogon but I feel overwhelmed by it.

1- How long does it usually take to get 1 pokemon the IV spread you want/nature and egg moves.
2- How do people get different IV's on legendary pokemon? I see people posting their IVs on like, a heatran or deoxys and asking if they should "keep going".
3- I feel really overwhelmed by IVs. I have EV trained and bread for natures for over a year now, but IVs just seemed out of my reach. If anyone could add me on msn or something to go step by step to finish 1 pokemon that would be awesome. PM me if anyone is generous enough to help out.

thanks =)

EDIT: oh and what does "SR'd" mean?

haha another question. Is it easier to breed on emerald? I hear a lot of people saying the are breeding on emerald so I assume it's easier.
1- it really depends on your luck and the parents you use to breed
2- they simply soft-reset
3- SR'd means "soft-resetted" (basically you save in front of the legendary and then catch it, if you don't like the nature\IVs, then simply restart your game and catch it again - nature and IVs are generated again every time you fight the legendary)

haunter

Banned deucer.
do you have an answer to breeding on emerald? Why is it better?
As Erazor said, emerald RNG (random number generator) is abusable because it's not completely random, so it's a lot easier to obtain the parents or the desired pokemon itself. If you're interested, then take a look at this thread.

that thread only really works for legendaries though...does it work with breeding and hatching?

Like if I wanted an adamant gyarados using one of those spreads how would I go about doing it? Hatch the egg at that exact frame/second?

Ok i was thinking of using luke the nuke(lol) on a team and saw the Sd set and it gave crunch over shadow claw on the Set.crunch and Shadow claw have same coverage Plus Shadow claw has a critical hit ratio which is more usefull then defence drop plus CC+SC=unresisted set.
Then why crunch over Shadow claw.

Ok i was thinking of using luke the nuke(lol) on a team and saw the Sd set and it gave crunch over shadow claw on the Set.crunch and Shadow claw have same coverage Plus Shadow claw has a critical hit ratio which is more usefull then defence drop plus CC+SC=unresisted set.
It's for the base power really. 70 vs 80 basepower. And crunch is there basically for ghosts that are immune to CC and ES. Therefore there is no need for an unresisted set.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Crunch has 10 more base power than shadow claw, and that gives you the chance to OHKO some important counters like cresselia, dusknoir and the rotom forms (after a swords dance, obviously).

Why is Softboiled and Magic Guard listed on a few of the clefable sets when softboiled is a 3rd gen tutor move and magic guard didnt exsist then?

Is there a chance of single ability 3rd gen pokemon to change to ability to a secondary 4th gen one?

Can you pass softboiled to newly bread clefas in 4th gen?

Why is Softboiled and Magic Guard listed on a few of the clefable sets when softboiled is a 3rd gen tutor move and magic guard didnt exsist then?

Is there a chance of single ability 3rd gen pokemon to change to ability to a secondary 4th gen one?

Can you pass softboiled to newly bread clefas in 4th gen?
As you said, Magic Guard didn't exist in the 4th gen. However, the value the Random Number Generator selected for a Cleffa's/Clefairy's ability could fall into what is the range for Magic Guard in the 4th gen (since the values basically just go divided between them). Thus, you can get a Clefable with Softboiled and Magic Guard by teaching a Clefairy Softboiled in the 3rd gen, sending it to D/P/Pt, and evolving it there; if the value for the RNG is within the range for Magic Guard, the ability will change for it evolves. Of course, if it's not within the range, then it won't change when you trade it over. Thus, it's best to make a clone of a Clefairy first, trade the clone over and evolve it, and see if it has Magic Guard or not; if it does, then teach the original Softboiled and trade it over and if not, select another Clefairy and try again.

(And no, Softboiled isn't an egg move for the Clefairy family.)

As you said, Magic Guard didn't exist in the 4th gen. However, the value the Random Number Generator selected for a Cleffa's/Clefairy's ability could fall into what is the range for Magic Guard in the 4th gen (since the values basically just go divided between them). Thus, you can get a Clefable with Softboiled and Magic Guard by teaching a Clefairy Softboiled in the 3rd gen, sending it to D/P/Pt, and evolving it there; if the value for the RNG is within the range for Magic Guard, the ability will change for it evolves. Of course, if it's not within the range, then it won't change when you trade it over. Thus, it's best to make a clone of a Clefairy first, trade the clone over and evolve it, and see if it has Magic Guard or not; if it does, then teach the original Softboiled and trade it over and if not, select another Clefairy and try again.

(And no, Softboiled isn't an egg move for the Clefairy family.)
ok thanks. also i know its not a eggmove, but i know some moves that both parents know can be passed down thats not an eggmove persay.

How do you breed egg moves for Tyrogue and Volbeat? They're all male, and to get egg moves, you need a FEMALE of that and a MALE of ANOTHER species with the egg move to do so; however there's no female of Tyrogue/Volbeat...

haunter

Banned deucer.
How do you breed egg moves for Tyrogue and Volbeat? They're all male, and to get egg moves, you need a FEMALE of that and a MALE of ANOTHER species with the egg move to do so; however there's no female of Tyrogue/Volbeat...
In the case of tyrogue, you can breed the 3 hitmon with ditto. In the case of volbeat, the baby hatched from an illumise egg can be both a volbeat or an illumise, so just breed the male pokemon which passes the egg move with an illumise.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You can use Illumise to breed Volbeats.

Can somebody summarize how the "Platinum Acid Rain" glitch works?

Sorry, I don't feel like reading through page after pages of locked topics to get answers.

I don't know what Pursuit has to do with this, what exactly Castform/Cherrim do to "freeze" the game, and exactly what this glitch does?

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Can somebody summarize how the "Platinum Acid Rain" glitch works?

Sorry, I don't feel like reading through page after pages of locked topics to get answers.

I don't know what Pursuit has to do with this, what exactly Castform/Cherrim do to "freeze" the game, and exactly what this glitch does?
When a weather effect is in play, and an opposing Pokemon uses Pursuit on the defending Pokemon when it switches out, the glitch activates. The majority of the time, it happens with Ttar and Pursuit (because of it's ability). Once the acid rain begins, each Pokemon begins taking "Acid Damage" (equivalent to sandstorm damage) from each weather thing, depending on which one happened first.

No one's really sure why it happens though.

Because the weather is multiple types at once (I.E. sandstorm & rain or something), Castform and Cherrim shift between their two forms, causing the game to be trapped in an endless loop.

My question now:

Can someone explain to me the 3 stages of the Suspect play? I particularly wonder about stage 3, as I have a general understanding of the other two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)