Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I use Double Hit, will it OHKO the Pokemon even if has a Focus Sash?
Adding on to what Veedrock said, Focus Sash only works if the Pokemon is at full health when it takes a hit. Since a Pokemon won't be at full health anymore after the first hit, the second hit will be able to KO it, assuming it will do enough damage to finish it off.

so i just bought XD. i have a wii. do i need a gamecube controller to play? and will i need a gamecube to transfer the pokemon to emerald and such?

so i just bought XD. i have a wii. do i need a gamecube controller to play? and will i need a gamecube to transfer the pokemon to emerald and such?
You will need a Gamecube controller. To transfer, you need a Gameboy Advance or SP and a cable that connects into the Gamecube controller port and your handheld.

I heard that Diamond and Pearl, due to a problem in the programming, won't generate Legendaries with certain IV spreads, such as sextuple flawless

Is this still the case in Platinum? If so, what are the best spreads for a defensive Giratina and an offensive Giratina?

I've been doing some research on this, but I can't seem to find an answer...

Is an enigma berry generally illegal in competitive play?

It's perfectly legal. It's just not very useful. That's why it's never seen.
Alrighty, thank you. But now I have another question...why is it not usable on Smogon's Shoddy server?

Some friends and I may have actually found a couple of Pokemon that benefit greatly from it, so we thought we'd ask before giving a full OK. ^.^

Alrighty, thank you. But now I have another question...why is it not usable on Smogon's Shoddy server?

Some friends and I may have actually found a couple of Pokemon that benefit greatly from it, so we thought we'd ask before giving a full OK. ^.^
It hasn't been implemented into Shoddy Battle yet.

Just out of curiousity, how exactly does your plan work? The Pokemon still gets hurt by a super-effective attack, it just recovers a bit afterwards.

I'm sure this been ask many times, but my Buizel (M) and my Marill (F) won't start producing eggs, is there something I can do ?

Just out of curiousity, how exactly does your plan work? The Pokemon still gets hurt by a super-effective attack, it just recovers a bit afterwards.
THAT'S how it works? Jesus...we were thinking it was like an absorb of 25% of the damage. -.- You never see it used and it's nearly impossible to get in the game apart from events (or so I'm led to believe), so we expected it to be something really good.

It was supposed to be for a wall Aggron (if you ever wanted to use Aggron as a wall, that is). It suffers from a lot of weaknesses and has horrid SDEF, so we thought it'd make for a nice add-on. Guess not though...thanks for the help.

THAT'S how it works? Jesus...we were thinking it was like an absorb of 25% of the damage. -.- You never see it used and it's nearly impossible to get in the game apart from events (or so I'm led to believe), so we expected it to be something really good.

It was supposed to be for a wall Aggron (if you ever wanted to use Aggron as a wall, that is). It suffers from a lot of weaknesses and has horrid SDEF, so we thought it'd make for a nice add-on. Guess not though...thanks for the help.
You can also get an Enigma Berry from those berry e-cards for Ruby/Sapphire, letting a Pokemon hold one, and migrating that Pokemon, in case you wanted to know of a non-event way to get one.

But yeah, it's disappointing that it works that way.

I'm sure this been ask many times, but my Buizel (M) and my Marill (F) won't start producing eggs, is there something I can do ?
Wait more. If you don't want to do that, reverse the order they're in the daycare and it might get you one sooner. I'm sure that has no real influence on the process but it seems to work for me.

Even if they don't like each other, they can still breed, albeit slowly. They only cannot breed if the message is "they prefer to play with other Pokemon".

Sometimes the Daycare checker on the bottom screen glitches and does not show an egg available when in fact there is one.

I've been seeing that some people can abuse the plat RNG.
Is it broken yet, or are they still testing? Because I can't understand a word they're saying ]x

It's still being tested on just how to do it, but the RNG is definitely abusable through things like steps and the Poketch (unlike Emerald where it's all time based).

The only thing that's figured out completely is that breeding uses a seperate RNG, which has been cracked and now the OP of this thread details how to manipulate it to net a shiny (still need to SR for IVs though).

Whoops, misread. They will come back in Stage 3. That's the whole point of that stage (everything voted OU for stage 2 will already be allowed into OU).

If it does enough damage, yes.
Adding on to what Veedrock said, Focus Sash only works if the Pokemon is at full health when it takes a hit. Since a Pokemon won't be at full health anymore after the first hit, the second hit will be able to KO it, assuming it will do enough damage to finish it off.
No you're both wrong. Focus Sash works even against multi-hit moves, the holder will be left with 1+hp.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/items/focus_sash

If Nidoran-F breeds with a Ditto, is the offspring either Nidoran-M or F?
If yes, what if Nidoran-M breeds with Ditto?

Thanx Tay

Thanx for the IV set on Zapdos, do you just know this or are u finding it off somewhere? If so can u give me the link of where u are getting this so I can make legal IV sets for my hidden powers/natures w/ every1. If its just common knowlege on your part how the hell did u figure that out just trial and error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)