Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Well they won't let us link to the site, or list them here... >.> It's not any better because everyone is asking for the codes anyways, and getting them from us.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I had another idea...

Would it be possible to get a Shiny Manaphy doing this? Or is the RNG reset?
As far as I know, the Egg's PID and IVs are generated when you receive it, but, as it's a Wondercard pokémon, you will never get it as shiny =( The only way to do so is get the egg, save the game, use Pokésav to check its PID and then get someone with one of the ~500000 out of ~4000000000 possible ID/SID combinations that will hatch the egg as shiny.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Heh. This stuff is amazing.

I'm currently resetting on a Shiny Naive Bagon.

Thanks for all the effort!

Yeah, you only need to find your SID, that's all ^^
As long as you don't use any codes that are directly connected to the shiny (Fast hatch, Fast breeding etc.).

I'm only using the IV check code for the Pokemon you catch to check it's PID.
I still call them legit, as an IV check code has nothing to do with the shinyness of the baby =)

And Jonny, can't we use Method 1 in RNG Reporter to find the wild shiny spreads? Correct me if I'm wrong here ^^
Okay thanks. Has anyone had luck with this? And do the parents need to have the right iv's? Or could you just hatch until you get the desired baby poke?

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
If it has not been mentioned:

Breeding on Platinum game 1, using info for Platinum game 2, and shiny international spreads that aren't normal shiny spreads do not hatch shiny when traded as an egg from game 1 to game 2.

A friend showed me this thread on Friday, and I finally got to give this a trial run today(which failed), and I find myself with 2 questions. 1.) When the RNG Report tells you to double-tap the happiness checker say, 1000 times, does that mean switch over to the happiness app than double-tap 1000 times, or switch over to the happiness app than double tap 999 times? That confused me earlier on my trial run, so just have to clarify that. It was either that that messed up my trial run earlier, or just plain miscounting the # of doubletaps I needed(since keeping track of the exact count is hard).

Hmmm i had two questions:

1.) Could someone pm me the nesecary AR Codes and how to activate them?

2.) Does anyone think that you can manipulate the IRNG (the one for eggs if i abbriviated it wrong) to get a shiny togepi from Cynthia's egg that she gives you?

Also thanks for all the hard work you guys put into this and keep it up! :D

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Insert what the heck here:

Breeding on Platinum game 1, using info for Platinum game 2, and shiny non-international spreads do not hatch shiny when traded as an egg from game 1 to game 2, but are, in fact, shiny, when checking the summary screen or entering battle with it on. Just the hatch isn't shiny. This may not be true for late-game, but is definitely true from between getting the Pokedex and returning home to Twinleaf, and may potentially last even longer than this.

Lorak, that is the weirdest thing I have ever heard... It doesn't HATCH shiny, but it is shiny?? Could it possibly because you don't have a Trainer ID then or some crazy shit like that?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Lorak, that is the weirdest thing I have ever heard... It doesn't HATCH shiny, but it is shiny?? Could it possibly because you don't have a Trainer ID then or some crazy shit like that?
You have your ID and SID since the very beginning of the game (since you "get small", at least), so it couldn't be that.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Not sure what the cause is. I believe it to be related to not having the upgraded Pokedex. I'm trying to get a PSE, or "potential shiny egg", catered to thetorsoboy's ID/SID, to trade to him. If it hatches shiny, either this is caused by local vs. WFC trade, or by early-game vs. post E4.

I almost tossed the shiny Pokemon, because when it hatched, it wasn't shiny. This occurred first for a Rotom, then for a Beldum.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It could be due to a glitch in the game, or some other unknown factor. All we know so far is, if you trade an egg to another game before it hatches shiny, be sure to check it in battle or on the summary screen before you throw it away.

xD This is ridiculously easy, next step to don't let crash the subreal pokemon economy is give more credit to legit.exe for letting us know when the poke is from platinum or D/P as that way D/P shiny eggs get more value than THIS :P

EDIT: BTW not flamming here i'm gonna breed my shiny favorites heh!

Confirming a glitch. If you calculate the taps/spread for another game, using that game's ID/SID, and trade an egg to that game, it will:

- Hatch without a shiny sprite.
- But in the summery, and in battle, it will be shiny.

Not really a big deal, but it is a glitch.

Did you deposit it and see if when you withdrew it, the game fixed itself?

EDIT: Misunderstood what you said for a second. Totally disregard this question. It's too late. It does have the shinyness, just doesn't hatch shiny. I'm an idiot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)