Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does your rival's Pokemon (at Battleground) in Platinum level up? I checked on Serebii but it says the method is unknown.
It's probably by number of times you beat the Elite Four. Once you beat them 20 times, he's supposed to be maxed out.

So optimally, once per hour?
Well, according to Haunter, things like Salac berry you water once every 24 hours for 4 days, while for more common berries such as Chesto you water once every 3 hours until 12 hours when it's already fully grown.

1. If two pokemon use Sucker Punch against each other, will they both fail or only the slower one?

2. Why does everyone insist on referring to Latias as a "he"? I know it has nothing to do with battling, but it really bugs me!

1. If two pokemon use Sucker Punch against each other, will they both fail or only the slower one?

2. Why does everyone insist on referring to Latias as a "he"? I know it has nothing to do with battling, but it really bugs me!

If I recall the faster one will hit but the slower one will fail. And people refer to it as 'he' because its a habit, most pokemon on shoddy are male because people don't bother to change it.

I'm playing through Plat to start on the new Battle Frontier and start playing wifi. Is there anything I can mess up (killing legendaries, 1 time events, etc.) that I need to either SR now or can I put everything off till later?

I'm playing through Plat to start on the new Battle Frontier and start playing wifi. Is there anything I can mess up (killing legendaries, 1 time events, etc.) that I need to either SR now or can I put everything off till later?
I checked. The Pixies are one example that I know of

Also, get all the fun you can out of the Distortion World

Team Galactic also blows up the Great Marsh after you beat Crasher Wake, but I haven't checked to see if it changes the area at all

My question:

Is there a list of all of the hatch location names and where to get them? Because I have seen things like Grand Lake

I checked. The Pixies are one example that I know of

Also, get all the fun you can out of the Distortion World

Team Galactic also blows up the Great Marsh after you beat Crasher Wake, but I haven't checked to see if it changes the area at all

My question:

Is there a list of all of the hatch location names and where to get them? Because I have seen things like Grand Lake
behold:

Code:
Lake Related:

Lake Verity
Lake Acuity
Lake Valor
Verity Lakefront --- (just outside the lake)
Valor Lakefront --- (just outside the lake)
Acuity Lakefront --- (just outside the lake)
Valor Cavern --- (middle of lake, after Spear Pillar Showdown)
Acuity Cavern --- (middle of lake, after Spear Pillar Showdown)
Verity Cavern --- (middle of lake, after Spear Pillar Showdown)
Grand Lake --- (East of Pastoria, the mainland resort, suites and southern-most building)
Restaurant --- (East-Northeast of Pastoria, the Dual Duel Diner)
Spring Path --- (South of Veilstone; opens after E4 victory; leads hero to Giratina)
Sendoff Spring --- (beyond Spring Path; navigate to Turnback Cave, Giratina)

International:

Kanto
Johto
Hoenn
Link Trade --- (in game NPC)
Distant Land

City Connection:

Trainer School --- (Jubilife)
GTS ---(Jubilife)
Jubilife TV --- (Jubilife)
Poketch Co. --- (Jubilife)

Mining Museum --- (Oreburgh)

Flower Shop --- (Floaroma)
Floaroma Meadow --- (Floaroma obviously)

Cycle Shop --- (Eterna City's only; Galactic's base is eterna City)

Foreign Building ---(Hearthome's 'Church')
Poffin House --- (Hearthome)
Contest Hall --- (Hearthome)
Amity Square --- (Hearthome)

Solaceon Ruins --- (Solaceon)
Pokemon Day Care --- (Solaceon)

Veilstone Store --- (Veilstone)
Galactic HQ --- (Veilstone)
Game Corner --- (Veilstone; refers to the gameplay location-prize house shows V City)

Great Marsh --- (Pastoria)

Canalave Library --- (Canalave Library)

Sunyshore Market --- (Sunyshore Market)
Vista Lighthouse --- (Sunyshore)

Battle Park --- (Fight Area)
Battle Tower --- (Fight Area)

SnowPoint Temple --- (Snowpoint)

Routes Related an Other Locations:

Ruin Maniac Cave
Maniac Tunnel
Stark Mountain
Footstep House --- (East of Pastoria)
Cafe --- (North of Solaceon, first building)
Spear Pillar --- (peak of Mount Coronet)
Hall of Origin --- From Arceus event/approach
Flower Paradise --- from Shaymin event/approach
Seabreak Path --- from Shaymin event/approach
Full Moon Island --- from Cresselia story event

apparently this is where I should ask about how to find my "SID"

I'm not completely sure what that even is but if anyone know's what I'm talking about that would be great ^.^

this reminds me

1) if you kill a legend, will it still randomize ivs/nature when you rebattle it? or will it be set with the stats of the original that you killed?

2) same question, but running away instead of KOing it.

apparently this is where I should ask about how to find my "SID"

I'm not completely sure what that even is but if anyone know's what I'm talking about that would be great ^.^
There are two ID numbers that the game generates, the SID and the ID. The ID number is what you see. On the offchance that two ID numbers are the same, a second ID number is generated. To find it, use an R4/AR to use a Secret ID code. If not, extract a .sav with an R4 and examine a pokemon belonging to the trainer who wants their SID found. Check the SID and you're done. The final way is to check characteristics of a randomly caught shiny pokemon, but I'm not entirely sure on that process.

So in short, three methods:
1. Use a code to discover your SID
2. Extract a sav file and examine it
3. Use a shiny to find the SID.

There are two ID numbers that the game generates, the SID and the ID. The ID number is what you see. On the offchance that two ID numbers are the same, a second ID number is generated. To find it, use an R4/AR to use a Secret ID code. If not, extract a .sav with an R4 and examine a pokemon belonging to the trainer who wants their SID found. Check the SID and you're done. The final way is to check characteristics of a randomly caught shiny pokemon, but I'm not entirely sure on that process.

So in short, three methods:
1. Use a code to discover your SID
2. Extract a sav file and examine it
3. Use a shiny to find the SID.
Well thanks now I at least know what it is.

Although I don't think I have any of the means to find it so I guess I'm outta luck x_x

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
this reminds me

1) if you kill a legend, will it still randomize ivs/nature when you rebattle it? or will it be set with the stats of the original that you killed?
If you're referring to rebattle codes, yes, it will be as if you never fought it.

Looking for decent bold squirtle, I have decent Weavile and Munchlax (not perfect stats tho, pm me if your intested to know attack, def, etc...)

By the way, what the trading rank here on smogon?

As one with limited resources, I doubt I will be able to obtain a good-natured Heatran any time soon. And so, I was curious... If I were to make a similar Sandstorm team on my DS cartridge as I use on Shoddy, what would be a decent replacement for Heatran?

The layout of my team is found through the link in my signature.

What do the 64 attack evs on mixape allow it to ohko with CC?
Those are just leftover points after you have enough speed; they can be placed anywhere else but they're pretty useless outside of attack.

Hmm. In the EVs section of the analysis it kind of implies that those EVs help out with some KOs:

"The Exceptions to this rule are the mixed sweeping sets, which drop down to 192 Speed EVs to score some key KOes and deal more damage in general."

I was wondering what those key KOes are, but I guess they're just speaking in broad terms.

If one is using the iv check AR code for platinum is it possible to check the ivs of an egg? Or does it only work on already hatched pokemon?

How often must one water his or her berries in order to achieve the maximum number?
Depends mostly on berries, but at least 1 time per stage for the "quicker" berries. Basically, you just need them to never go dry and sandy.

I find that you need to water EV Berries every 6-7 hours to get 5 when you harvest them using Growth Mulch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)