UK Pokémon Event - GAME Stores

Just came back from Oxford Street store today. I was only in there for a little while though, as I had other things to do that day at Oxford Street, and I couldnt remember if the DS wireless battle would up my pokemon to lv100 because I havent bothered yet :p. And also there was little to do there other than lol at the Chimchar.

Was there an ultimate trainer there? I didnt notice anyone special, but if they just used any old EVed pokemon then they could quite easily be beaten.

If you ask for a battle and he knows you're good, he'll walk away and come back after a while when you don't want to play XD .
Seriously? What a coward, guess he earned his title by beating 6 year olds. Although I dont know how he can tell someones good unless he has see them battle before.

Just came back from Oxford Street store today. I was only in there for a little while though, as I had other things to do that day at Oxford Street, and I couldnt remember if the DS wireless battle would up my pokemon to lv100 because I havent bothered yet :p. And also there was little to do there other than lol at the Chimchar.
I, too, went to the Oxford Street one today. I arrived a couple of minutes before 10AM, and left around 2PM.
Compared to the Darkrai event I attended last August I found this one to be rather dry/uneventful. The staff were cool though.
I did manage to leave with a Piplup balloon that woman expertly spawned/gave life to in front of my very own eyes(! :o) which now functions as both an ornament and mobile phone holder in my room... and plenty of pictures of myself hugging the 6ft+ Chimchar, of course; new Facebook default, *cough*.

However I must say I was pretty shocked by the number of people challenging me with their blatently hacked Pokemon (i.e., one person had a shiny Arceus caught at Level 99 in Route 201! :|) - for shame! Though I did smack some kid's team of all-shiny Ubers with my OUs. Rahhh! And don't even get me started on the countless people trying to trade their rubbish for my prized Level 100s... nooooo.

My only real highlights:
- seeing the poster of the Holly Willoughby & Fearne Cotton signing session to be taking place in that very store on the 17th April (something I'm TOTALLY going to attend, by the way - university can go hang that day);
- meeting this similarly-aged woman who was going on & on about natures and stuff like that... ohoho yes. To sum up this precious/life-changing 20-minute-long moment, stealing a line from the movie White Chicks would be most appropriate: "she don't know it yet... but that's wifey right there".

...Sorry for the overly-long post. Hummm. >_>

However I must say I was pretty shocked by the number of people challenging me with their blatently hacked Pokemon (i.e., one person had a shiny Arceus caught at Level 99 in Route 201! :|) - for shame! Though I did smack some kid's team of all-shiny Ubers with my OUs. Rahhh! And don't even get me started on the countless people trying to trade their rubbish for my prized Level 100s... nooooo.
Haha, noobs :P
I'm currently making an NFE team to use against people like that. I wonder how many people I'd actually beat?

And about the event not being as good as the Darkrai one, that's unfortunate. Out of the events I've been to, the Darkrai one wasn't the best. IMO, Mew event > Deoxys event > Darkrai event ( > Shaymin event, if what you say is similar at all locations). Darkrai and Deoxys events are interchangeable (not sure whether TCG section + merchandise display beats Pokémon balloons and PBR battling), but the Mew event was amazing.

He's not at many of the events. I asked him if he was going to be at guildford, but he said something like he'll be going to 3 events max :\ .
Oh lol ok,

Anyways yesterday's event at the other Oxford circus one, again, thee was no legendary trainer, kinda expected him not to i guess after reading this quote BUT thee was a chimchar...a very big one lol, (I suspect it was a female by the questers that person was giving off) and it was giving off hugs mostly and being playing full and also dancing around with the atmospheric music around.

Again this event was lively, everyone knew it was a pokémon event, a lot more platinum trainers and therefore more serious ones too, I only lost two battles though (not to brag) and there was a guy who was a deoxys hunter to say the least too.

The only bad thing about the event was that there was no seats... =/ Like the one in Bromley last year in Woolworths where they had seats and even battle revolution (I'm not sure but i think i heard there was some sort of trainer there too).

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I asked the two ladies who were staff at the Manchester Arndale Event (and were also the staff at the Trafford Centre Event) a bit more about it all.

The Legendary Trainer is only going to be at Ashton on the 15th and Preston on the 17th, so if you're really eager to play against him you'll have to go to one of those Events. I don't think he's going to be at any others from now on.

vashta

"It was pretty cool to watch Tim Duncan from afar"
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I asked the two ladies who were staff at the Manchester Arndale Event (and were also the staff at the Trafford Centre Event) a bit more about it all.

The Legendary Trainer is only going to be at Ashton on the 15th and Preston on the 17th, so if you're really eager to play against him you'll have to go to one of those Events. I don't think he's going to be at any others from now on.
He was really bad as a player. No offense to him.

Fortunately, our organised meet-up (me, Coops, and some other friends) went to plan - give or take a few minutes. (oh well McGraw =//)

We had our Sheffield events yesterday and today; I was more impressed with today's event the most, even though yesterday's was supposedly bigger, and better. The atmosphere and the turn out was much more than initially estimated; battles, trades, socializing was what stuck to my head. Of course, I did not lose any battles - a kid did severely damage me with his hacked Mewtwo with Water Spout and Eruption. V_V

Downloading Shaymin was good also, I am still soft resetting it for natures, etcetera. haha.

This Guildford meet was so badly organised lol. I have no idea what anyone looks like so I just walked around Game for a bit and then left. I asked the Nintendo dude if he had heard any talk about Smogon and he said no.
Both Tails and I got there at like 1 PM and didn't see anyone besides the annoying fat 6 year olds. It was probably the shittiest event I've been to, the mew one at toys'r'us was awesome, but this, wow. One small corner with 4 dead DS lites, and a small fat kid who wanted me to trade pokemon with him because he was "new to the world of pokemon". He also said, "Wow, isn't it just so cool that we're all here together to play Pokémon Diamond and Pearl" (in a fat kid's emphasised voice). However he was upset when Tails said that he was using Platinum XD . The only decent thing about it was one of the GAME staff, we were doing 18+ pictochat for about 20 minutes, but some of the younger people came in xD . Anyways, that was a waste of £12 for trains, £10 for KFC and 4 hours of my life. However, the kingston one was alright, nothing like the toysrus mew though. I did like the huge pikachu though.

I only dropped in to the Sheffield GAME in The Moors quickly to pre-order Platinum and grab my Shaymin. Unfortunatly (to be read as stupidly) I saved after receiving the Shaymin from the guy and ended up with

Modest #492 Shaymin: 0 - 1 / 2 - 3 / 22 - 23 / 8 - 9 / 26 / 6 - 7

Would have been nice if I had a proper team or two to battle with, but only got bac into Pokemon fairly recently when I learned about EVs and IVs. I like numbers in my games, what can I say? Ah well, he was only ever going to sit in my box as proof that I got him.

Now to get through the story and get Dat Eevee to start my team

I only dropped in to the Sheffield GAME in The Moors quickly to pre-order Platinum and grab my Shaymin. Unfortunatly (to be read as stupidly) I saved after receiving the Shaymin from the guy and ended up with

Modest #492 Shaymin: 0 - 1 / 2 - 3 / 22 - 23 / 8 - 9 / 26 / 6 - 7

Would have been nice if I had a proper team or two to battle with, but only got bac into Pokemon fairly recently when I learned about EVs and IVs. I like numbers in my games, what can I say? Ah well, he was only ever going to sit in my box as proof that I got him.

Now to get through the story and get Dat Eevee to start my team
What time were you there?
I might have seen you :)

Also, when I SR a good one, I'll give you a copy if you want one to use competitively?

Ah well, at least you'll have the teams ready for the next event?

What time were you there?
I might have seen you :)

Also, when I SR a good one, I'll give you a copy if you want one to use competitively?

Ah well, at least you'll have the teams ready for the next event?
Must've been around twenty to two, was with my gf's friend, with my gf looking on in shame XD

Tht'll be great, although can't currently get online with my router, gonna get a Wi-Fi connector in June, once I get paid, May's spare money is going on my pre-order

I might have seen you just before I left, or I might have just gone...
I was the lanky ginger 'kid' in The Smiths t-shirt :p

But yeah I'm currently SR right now. :)

Oh well on the Platinum not working thing. Couldn't be bothered paying out the £9 to get down to Sheffield so if I'm going to an event, I'm probably going to Leeds tomorrow. Anyone that's going? Not sure what time I'm gonna be down there yet.

Forgot to check this thread before I went - was in Leicester Debenhams today. There wasn't much going on except for the give-away - noone was battling, which was a bit of a shame. SR'd for my Shaymin, got a timid one with 31 Sp Atk, 29 speed, OK SpD and awful HP and def and kept it since it would just annoy the hell out of me if I couldn't get a better one. HP was dragon 63 which is kinda useless. Ah well.

I forgot that the events are still going, and the thing about platinum region settings, seems like I have to wait a month for mine...oh well...
Good thing I have it on my computer :D

And oh yeah, Pearl and Diamond doesn't matter on region, i have a US copy of pearl and works all over. Also the most retarded thing is that my shaymin after hard-resetting was a Modest with IV 0 in Sp.atk - what a fail!

I swear, I have not been able to get a shaymin with over 300 Sp.Atk :'(

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Definately going to Birmingham now, with a friend, whether we will stay log is another story, but we can try, can't we? :)

Looking forward to seeing you there Battlulz. I should be coming... although i have a heavy revision schedule... hopefully its a good one.

By the way, to anyone going to the Luton one tomorrow, I'll be the one with (inkjet-printed) Pokémon Amethyst stickers on my DS :P

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
Went to the event, pretty good imo, lot more people who can battle than I thought there would be. Didn't get to see SUNIL though (unless you were someone there who I didn't speak to, I was there for 4 hours though lol). Did manage to meet Jimmy31428 from Youtube though. Pretty cool guy, and a fun experience.

I went to the Luton one yesterday. Unfortunately, I didn't meet anyone from Smogon...
I did manage to use my NFE team, though, and beat 2 people! Sadly, they were the only people I actually battled... I did give some kid some free rare Pokémon, though (nothing with good IVs, however). Also, I met someone there who went on an inter-school trip with me once :P

Did anyone else hear about this? Some person apparently stayed at one of the events all day, and managed to get 11 Shaymin :O
It would probably have been more efficient just to get one, and reset it, but perhaps they didn't like cloning? Anyone have any idea who this was?

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
I got two, because you could start again on the dispay DS's and get some more via mystery gift, then trade them over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)