New and "creative" moveset/EV spread thread. Mk. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
...that's actually pretty damn brilliant >_> I really like that concept because trick adds another "fuck you" to standard double status. You could cripple half of the other team if the opponent is not careful. I'm not entirely fond of Lunar Dance as it'll be really early in the match (unless you plan on saving Smeargle, but good luck with that), but otherwise it's really clever. I'll definitely give it a whirl, perhaps with Explosion (that'll bite) or Stealth Rock.

...that's actually pretty damn brilliant >_> I really like that concept because trick adds another "fuck you" to the set. You could cripple half of their team if the opponent is not careful. I'm not entirely fond of Lunar Dance as it'll be really early in the match (unless you save it, but good luck with that), but otherwise it's really clever. I'll definitely give it a whirl.
lol thanks. I've found that I stink at regular sets, but my Smeargle sets are actually usable xD

You can always use Destiny Bond or Explosion in place of Lunar Dance if you want.

Lead Togekiss~!

Serene Grace
Bold Nature
252 hp 152 def 100 100 spd

Tri Attack
Protect
Wish
Yawn​

This has been a hit and miss, usually it depends on how well I'm playing that day so I think it could actually just plain out be a hit. The whole aim of this lead is to scout and status the opponents, and sometimes just really really piss them off. It isn't a suicide lead by any means and usually comes back in to wish pass on some more.

But, alas, it relies very heavily on prediction as I'll explain in a moment.

General strategy is to spam tri attack unless the opponent can really take a tri attack. In that case, yawn it to force a switch then continue the spamming. With good enough predictions it can easily status half the opponents team. =D

Aerodactyl- He's a sore playing against as he can perform a fast taunt to screw you over. You can decide to attempt to status him with a tri attack real quick or scout what he'll do with protect. Ninety percent of the time the opponent will set up stealth rock then try to spam rock slide on you wish you can easily protect wish tri attack against. So usually it's a safe bet just to tri attack or yawn him right away.

Azelf- Yawn then protect as they explode.

Metagross- Yawn then protect as they explode.

Swampert- Tri attack until you status him or kill him.

Generally most opponents you play against just spamming tri attack will work with good success since it has such a high status percentage. But, be wary of ghosts and blissey. It really doesn't love being paralyzed too.

Evs I kind of just thrown together, I'll try and pull together something more sepcific as I find faults with the moveset.​

I was going through all the trick roomers, and I noticed Kecleon didn't have a set with trick room.

I made a set, tested it, and it works just fine. (:

[SET]
Name: Suicide TR lead
Move1: Trick Room
Move2: Fake Out
Move3: Stealth Rock
Move4: Body Slam / Protect / Magic Coat
Item: Focus Sash
Nature: Brave
Ability: Color Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def

[SET COMMENTS]

[p] After using Trick Room, Kecleon is faster than most UU Pokemon, and certainly faster than all common UU leads. The idea is pretty straightforward; get Trick Room up, set up Stealth Rock, and then die / get out of the way.[/p]

[p] Unlike most UU Trick Roomers, Kecleon has access to Stealth Rock as well as some other useful moves, and not to mention out of the fourty-three Pokemon that learn trick room, Kecleon is the fourth slowest (in UU, the third slowest without Bronzong, and in NU, the second slowest, without Slowbro). Kecleon is also sixth in attack out of all the UU Trick Room users, if that means anything to you. [/p]

[p] Fake Out is a useful to move to break any annoying sashes that many leads bring with them, and with decent attack and STAB, it actually does more than you'd think to non-resisting leads. After Trick Room is up, whether your sash was activated or not, you'll be free to at least get Stealth Rock up before fainting, as you will be faster than almost all UU leads. If you come across a slower lead (which is somewhat rare), such as Steelix, first use Stealth Rock as Steelix gets Kecleon down to its sash, and use Trick Room before you faint (which turns out to be even better, as you have another turn of Trick Room). [/p]

[p] Since all you really need is Trick Room and Stealth Rock for this set (even Fake Out is optional, really) your last slot just depends on what you want, basically. Body Slam is suggested, since it's an actual damaging move with a chance of paralysis, however Return could work if you favor more power. If you choose a non-damaging move, you move all your Attack EVs to Defense, and change your nature: Protect is mainly just for Fake Out users like Ambipom or Purugly, who mess up your whole plan, just so your sash isn't broken. Magic Coat is for status leads like Roserade or (formerly) Smeargle.[/p]

[p] Other moves that might be useful to you include Counter and Trick, which generally go well with any lead. If you use Counter, all you really need is max HP, since you don't need defenses or speed, and you have no attacking move left, and change your nature too.[/p]

-

(made changes from before)

The Anti Lead

Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Keen Eye
EV: 252 HP/ 252 Spd
Nature: Jolly/Timid

Trick
Will-o-Wisp
Confuse Ray
Seismic Toss/Night Shade

The strategy with Sableye is to obviously trick lead with the choice scarf. After tricking lead you now have three viable options:
1. Confuse Ray
2. Will-o-Wisp
3. Switch out

It seems as though people have been using more physicals on shoddy so w-o-w really can screw a team over. If you dislike Confuse ray, it can be switched with Toxic but why do that if you can hax opponent to attack their selves. This set can turn games around if used correctly. this Anti-eye lead can also break walls down with trick. It's always fun to trick a choice scarf to a blissey or a suicune.

Well you guys can try it out now.

The Anti Lead

Trick
Will-o-Wisp
Confuse Ray
Seismic Toss/Night Shade

The strategy with Sableye is to obviously trick lead with the choice scarf. After tricking lead you now have three viable options:
1. Confuse Ray
2. Will-o-Wisp
3. Switch out

It seems as though people have been using more physicals on shoddy so w-o-w really can screw a team over. If you dislike Confuse ray, it can be switched with Toxic but why do that if you can hax opponent to attack their selves. This set can turn games around if used correctly. this Anti-eye lead can also break walls down with trick. It's always fun to trick a choice scarf to a blissey or a suicune.

what if it's OHKOd first turn
o_o

it's speed just sucks and the moveset...sucks
you can't "turn games" if it's an anti-lead

frankly, the speed EVs are just wasted, unless you can tell me some leads it outspeeds

I give this a 3/10 for NU play, however you're intending this for standard? lol

it's a decent concept /at best/ for NU play, but sableye just can't even pull that off, sorry

what if it's OHKOd first turn
o_o

it's speed just sucks and the moveset...sucks
you can't "turn games" if it's an anti-lead

frankly, the speed EVs are just wasted, unless you can tell me some leads it outspeeds

I give this a 3/10 for NU play, however you're intending this for standard? lol

it's a decent concept /at best/ for NU play, but sableye just can't even pull that off, sorry
Try it out and I will compile a list of things sableye out speeds.

Jynx

[SET]
Name: OU Lead
Move1: Trick
Move2: Lovely Kiss
Move3: Perish Song
Move4: Ice Beam
Nature: Timid
Ability: Forewarn
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP

[SET COMMENTS]

[p]The purpose of OU Lead Jynx is to force switches and scout. On the first turn, either Trick your Choice Scarf onto a lead expected to use a non-damaging move or Lovely Kiss. [/p]

[p]At 475 Speed, this Jynx outspeeds most common leads (with the exception of scarfed Azelf, Aerodactyl, Gengar, and Weavile) and can Sleep or Scarf anything that comes its way, forcing a switch quite handily. Perish Song can be used on anything you can't Sleep or Trick into switching, and Ice Beam allows you to be a decent offensive threat- a 95 BP STAB Ice-type attack off a 329 SpA isn't half bad.[/p]

I love testing sets on Blaziken because of its versatility, so here is another:

[SET]
Name: Blaziken Gravity Sweeper
Move1: Fire Blast
Move2: Focus Blast
Move3: Hidden Power Ice / Electric
Move4: Agility / Vacuum Wave
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Modest
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
[SET COMMENTS]

(Not adding a formal description with <p> tags...)

This set works in UU very well, and im fairly sure it can work in OU too. Obviously, it needs a Pokemon to use gravity for it before it to be truly effective.

STAB 100% Accurate Focus Blast is awesome in UU, because it always OHKOs Pokemon such as Regirock, and always 2HKOs Milotic. Fire Blast and Focus Blast have great neutral coverage as well.

With an Agility under it's belt, it outspeeds almost every Pokemon in the game (even with Scarfs), and has awesome SpA to work with for a late game sweep.

BLaziken should scout it's counters first before it uses Agility.

Vacuum Wave can be used if you want to use this as a Wall breaker, instead of a sweeper, as it adds some revenge killing Power.

Hidden Power Ice should be used in OU for all of the Dragons, and Electric to hit the Waters/Moltres in UU.

The Anti Lead

Trick
Will-o-Wisp
Confuse Ray
Seismic Toss/Night Shade

1. Confuse Ray
2. Will-o-Wisp
3. Switch out

I don't see what this has over Smeargle. Smeargle has a higher Speed stat, which is mostly what matters for this set. In addition, Smeargle has access to Spore and Explosion to further mess with your opponent. The only this Sableye does better is have higher defenses, but that doesn't matter because it's usually going to get OHKOed anyway. If you're going to use a set like this, stick to Smeargle.

HeYsUp- maybe use EQ over one of those moves, since it becomes one of the best moves in the game due to no imunities with gravity.

Here are two new leads for you all:

Weather Lead Celebi
Celebi @ Choice Specs
Natural Cure
Modest w/ 64 Def / 252 SpA / 172 Speed
Leaf Storm
Earth Power / HP Fire
Stealth Rock / HP Fire / U-Turn
Trick

This Celebi is ideal for leading for a Weather team, as Specs Leaf Storm will OHKO CB Tyranitar and Hippowdon, eliminating their ability to turn off your Weather mid-match. It also does a huge amount to anything that doesn't resist it, easily KOing Azelf and Aerodactyl (of course, they will usually hang out first turn with a Sash anyways). Earth Power provides a clean OHKO on Min HP/SpD Heatran that do not run Occa Berry, and can OHKO the most specially bulky Heatan (Burn Support) some of the time (all of the time with Rocks). It also provides an easy 2HKO on Metagross, even with Specs tricked away.
Trick allows this lead to shut down any lead that tries to set up on Celebi, giving it opportunity to get a free attack or Stealth Rocks on the switch out.
The third slot is really up to you. Celebi makes a great user of Stealth Rock, as Trick gives you plenty of opportunities to use it for free. U-Turn is also very useful here, as it can allow you to take advantage of the fact that a Tricked opponent mus switch out to scout their switch and send in an appropriate counter. HP Fire can be used in the second or third slot and should almost definitely be used if the Weather Celebi is supporting is not Hail, as it will allow an easy OHKO on Abomasnow.
The EVs allow it to outspeed all positive natured Heatran, Metagross, and Tyranitar while providing maximum attacking power. The other EVs are put into Defense in order to sponge the primarily physical Fighting moves that plague Hail teams, while also allowing it to take an un-STABed U-Turn such as that from Crobat or Jirachi. If this is used on a Rain Dance team, those EVs would be better in Special Defense to help take the primarily special-based Grass and Electric moves that foil those teams.

And

Lead Gliscor @ Expert Belt / Leftovers
Hyper Cutter / Sand Veil
Jolly w/ 252 Speed / 252 Attack / 4 Def
Earthquake
Taunt
Stealth Rock
U-Turn / Roost

Gliscor has all the tools necessary to make a good lead. He is fast (base 95), powerful (his Earthquake will OHKO min/min Heatran through Occa Berry and do about 75% to standard Lead Metagross), he is bulky enough to take a hit, and has access to great tools such as Taunt, Stealth Rock, and U-Turn.
As stated, Earthquake will always OHKO Heatran unless he is unusually Bulky AND runs Occa Berry (and it still has a small chance to OHKO 252/252+ Heatran with Occa Berry). It will also 2HKO Metagross, while Meteor Mash + Bullet Punch can never 2HKO Gliscor back, even with an Attack boost from Mash.
Taunt + Stealth Rock allows Gliscor to beat leads such as Bronzong, while U-Turn gives him an option to smack Azelf soundly while it attempts to taunt, allowing you to bring in a priority user or Scarfer to finish it off before it gets rocks up.
The EVs allow Gliscor to outspeed positive natured base 90s like Lucario and Roserade, stopping Roserade from being able to Sleep + Toxic Spikes and making it an effective Lucario counter later, and Expert Belt allows for maximum power of Earthquake against Steel Leads and U-Turn against Azelf. If necessary, 40 Speed EVs can be dropped into HP or Defense and the nature can be switched to Impish, allowing it to outspeed Heatran while still maintaining some Wallishness. In this case, Leftovers and Roost are recommended over U-Turn and Expert Belt, to aid his longevity.
Sand Veil is probably the preferred ability here, as about 40% of teams run a sandstream pokemon, meaning there is a solid chance of it being active even if you don't start it yourself. Additionally, the two most common users of a move/ability that lowers attack (Gyarados and Salamence) are immune to Earthquake and resist U-turn, meaning attacking against them is fairly futile anyways. Still, Hyper Cutter is always an option if your team fears something like Charm Blissey, or if you are fairly certain Sandstorm won't be active (by having your own Weather, for example).

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've been trying out some gimmicky sets, I'll post them here for laughs. Like all gimmicks, they get some nice surprise kills and are highly specific for my team, but aren't consistent enough to be standard.

Basically the general aim of my team was to get Gyarados to sweep, and so these two sets on my other pokemon are meant to clear some of its common counters to let it do so.

Swampert @ Rindo Berry
Bold | Torrent
224 HP / 216 Def / 56 SpA / 12 Spe
  • Stealth Rock
  • Ice Beam
  • Hydro Pump
  • Mirror Coat

Basically, as the Rindo Berry and Mirror Coat suggest, Swampert takes a Grass Knot from Celebi and Mirror Coats back for the kill. I led with him, and he gets my rocks up. The lack of Earthquake is not too significant since I had a Rotom on the team to deal with opposing Metagross leads. Heatran almost always leads with Shuca Berry, so using a Water attack on it instead of a Ground attack is actually beneficial. Normally, Celebi fears next to nothing coming into Swampert, as Ice Beam only does around 35% anyway, so if my opponent had a Celebi on their team, Swampert lured it out almost assuredly. As soon as Celebi comes in, I use Mirror Coat straight away. The annoying thing is many Celebi users (me included) have a tendency to Thunder Wave Swampert in the hopes of catching a switchin, and so Mirror Coat fails against that. However, without using Grass Knot, Celebi can't really touch Swampert, unless its using Leech Seed > Thunder Wave, which then means a LO Gyarados can 2HKO with Ice Fang at +1 without fear. Either way, unless they suspect I'm holding Rindo, Celebi users Grass Knot after their failed Thunder Wave and I just Mirror Coat again for a free Celebi KO.

Other uses for Mirror Coat are against Infernape Grass Knots, and Latias and Salamence Draco Meteors, but you can only do this in the late game once you know their sets, otherwise you could embarrass yourself by Mirror Coating as Salamence Dragon Dances or Latias Calm Minds. The Speed EVs let Swampert outrun minimum Speed Tyranitar. It can actually do this since it's not running any Special Attacks and so doesn't need to run a -Speed nature.

Metagross @ Life Orb
Rash | Clear Body
120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
  • Toxic
  • Psychic
  • Grass Knot
  • Explosion

You don't really get much more gimmicky than this, but surprisingly enough this worked quite well. This Metagross set is basically designed to weaken / take out Zapdos, Rotom-A, and Suicune, and thus allow Gyarados free reign later on. With a +SpA nature and 252 EVs, Psychic does an average of 52% to a max HP Zapdos, and 57% to a max HP Rotom-A. Grass Knot averages 60% on max HP Suicune, and 40% on max HP Suicune after a Calm Mind, and guarantees a 2HKO if it comes in on SR then Calm Minds. The Speed EVs let Metagross outrun said Suicune and 4 Speed Rotom-A, meaning it can get the hits in first. Grass Knot also takes out the likes of Swampert (not mine :p) and Hippowdon too, who like to come into Metagross as well.

Toxic is for Vaporeon and Porygon2, and mean they can't stand up to Gyarados once they've been weakened. A max HP Porygon2 is also 2HKOed by Psychic, but it doesn't tend to switch in on Metagross all that much. Explosion usually takes my opponents by surprise as once they've seen all the gimmicky special moves and Toxic they usually let their guard down and bring in Blissey or Snorlax, who are both promptly OHKOed by Explosion. Since it is holding a Life Orb and is running an Attack neutral nature, Metagross' Explosion still packs quite a formidable amount of power off its base 135 Attack stat, and will still OHKO pretty much anything that doesn't resist (and stuff like max HP Scizor after SR too). This is actually a really fun Metagross set and I've enjoyed using it. Because of its surprise value, as well as its special STAB actually hitting harder than its physical in this physically oriented metagame, this set works well.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I like that Metagross set, the question is, is it really effective? I might try out some gimmicks today. Also why don't you slash Grass Knot / Toxic? I mean Toxic kills Suicune anyways and Psychic could still deal plenty. With that being said you could make room for Hp [Fire] to destroy Foretress and Skarmory who switch in to Metagross the most.

I like that Metagross set, the question is, is it really effective? I might try out some gimmicks today. Also why don't you slash Grass Knot / Toxic? I mean Toxic kills Suicune anyways and Psychic could still deal plenty. With that being said you could make room for Hp [Fire] to destroy Foretress and Skarmory who switch in to Metagross the most.
You might get in trouble if Suicune has Rest, since then Toxic won't really work on it.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
franky said:
On a general special attacking Metagross, you are right, HP Fire would be more useful than Toxic in hitting opposing Steel-types. However, Skarmory and Forretress present far less of a problem to Gyarados than Vaporeon and Porygon2 do, which is why I decided to go for Toxic instead. Toxic is quite ineffective against Suicune generally as it almost always carries Rest. If you are using HP Fire > Toxic, I guess it's just best to Explode on Suicune straightaway.

wildfire393 said:
Lead Gliscor @ Expert Belt / Leftovers
Hyper Cutter / Sand Veil
Jolly w/ 252 Speed / 252 Attack / 4 Def
Earthquake
Taunt
Stealth Rock
U-Turn / Roost
A leading Gliscor set was actually posted in Analysis Workshop recently. Generally you want more bulk on Gliscor though, using an Impish nature and just enough Speed to outrun Adamant Lucario and Timid Heatran. HP should also take precedence over Attack because you really only need enough to 2HKO Metagross (Gliscor won't be OHKOing without an Adamant nature and a Choice Band), which only requires 88 EVs. You can take a look at the set in AW here.

franky

is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
On a general special attacking Metagross, you are right, HP Fire would be more useful than Toxic in hitting opposing Steel-types. However, Skarmory and Forretress present far less of a problem to Gyarados than Vaporeon and Porygon2 do, which is why I decided to go for Toxic instead. Toxic is quite ineffective against Suicune generally as it almost always carries Rest. If you are using HP Fire > Toxic, I guess it's just best to Explode on Suicune straightaway.
True, I just think Hp Fire needs to be slashed in somewhere there because your first switch ins would be physical steel types and just picking them off with Hp Fire would be really good. If your lucky, they bring out Blissey and net off a kill with Explosion :P

I've been trying out some gimmicky sets, I'll post them here for laughs. Like all gimmicks, they get some nice surprise kills and are highly specific for my team, but aren't consistent enough to be standard.

Basically the general aim of my team was to get Gyarados to sweep, and so these two sets on my other pokemon are meant to clear some of its common counters to let it do so.

Swampert @ Rindo Berry
Bold | Torrent
  • Stealth Rock
  • Ice Beam
  • Hydro Pump
  • Mirror Coat
Basically, as the Rindo Berry and Mirror Coat suggest, Swampert takes a Grass Knot from Celebi and Mirror Coats back for the kill. I led with him, and he gets my rocks up. The lack of Earthquake is not too significant since I had a Rotom on the team to deal with opposing Metagross leads. Heatran almost always leads with Shuca Berry, so using a Water attack on it instead of a Ground attack is actually beneficial. Normally, Celebi fears next to nothing coming into Swampert, as Ice Beam only does around 35% anyway, so if my opponent had a Celebi on their team, Swampert lured it out almost assuredly. As soon as Celebi comes in, I use Mirror Coat straight away. The annoying thing is many Celebi users (me included) have a tendency to Thunder Wave Swampert in the hopes of catching a switchin, and so Mirror Coat fails against that. However, without using Grass Knot, Celebi can't really touch Swampert, unless its using Leech Seed > Thunder Wave, which then means a LO Gyarados can 2HKO with Ice Fang at +1 without fear. Either way, unless they suspect I'm holding Rindo, Celebi users Grass Knot after their failed Thunder Wave and I just Mirror Coat again for a free Celebi KO.

Other uses for Mirror Coat are against Infernape Grass Knots, and Latias and Salamence Draco Meteors, but you can only do this in the late game once you know their sets, otherwise you could embarrass yourself by Mirror Coating as Salamence Dragon Dances or Latias Calm Minds. The Speed EVs let Swampert outrun minimum Speed Tyranitar. It can actually do this since it's not running any Special Attacks and so doesn't need to run a -Speed nature.

Metagross @ Life Orb
Rash | Clear Body
  • Toxic
  • Psychic
  • Grass Knot
  • Explosion
You don't really get much more gimmicky than this, but surprisingly enough this worked quite well. This Metagross set is basically designed to weaken / take out Zapdos, Rotom-A, and Suicune, and thus allow Gyarados free reign later on. With a +SpA nature and 252 EVs, Psychic does an average of 52% to a max HP Zapdos, and 57% to a max HP Rotom-A. Grass Knot averages 60% on max HP Suicune, and 40% on max HP Suicune after a Calm Mind, and guarantees a 2HKO if it comes in on SR then Calm Minds. The Speed EVs let Metagross outrun said Suicune and 4 Speed Rotom-A, meaning it can get the hits in first. Grass Knot also takes out the likes of Swampert (not mine :p) and Hippowdon too, who like to come into Metagross as well.

Toxic is for Vaporeon and Porygon2, and mean they can't stand up to Gyarados once they've been weakened. A max HP Porygon2 is also 2HKOed by Psychic, but it doesn't tend to switch in on Metagross all that much. Explosion usually takes my opponents by surprise as once they've seen all the gimmicky special moves and Toxic they usually let their guard down and bring in Blissey or Snorlax, who are both promptly OHKOed by Explosion. Since it is holding a Life Orb and is running an Attack neutral nature, Metagross' Explosion still packs quite a formidable amount of power off its base 135 Attack stat, and will still OHKO pretty much anything that doesn't resist (and stuff like max HP Scizor after SR too). This is actually a really fun Metagross set and I've enjoyed using it. Because of its surprise value, as well as its special STAB actually hitting harder than its physical in this physically oriented metagame, this set works well.
I completely forgot about psychic stab. Im gonna steal that meta set if you dont mind lol.

Metagross @ Life Orb
Rash | Clear Body
  • Toxic
  • Psychic
  • Grass Knot
  • Explosion
This set has surprise value, but it leaves you helpless against enemy steels. Consider HP Electric. It hits bulky waters (although not as well) but doesn't leave yuo stuck against steel types. STAB psychic will still do an ok amount of damage on Swampert.

Primankey, you shouldnt quote someone's ENTIRE post just to say something insignificant like "hey ill use this". Its a waste of space and unnecessary.

franky

I was around with gimmicks today inspired by Legacy Rider, but I had a sudden interest with wall breaking so I tried out Lucario.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Naive Nature
EV: 64 Atk / 192 SpA / 252 Spe

-Close Combat / Aura Sphere
-Hidden Power [Ice]
-Extremespeed
-Shadow Ball

This set is not on the analysis but it's a mix Lucario. This set accomplishes 4 attacks without the agility. Naive Nature is to outspeed neutral 100's and neutral 90's and most importantly outspeed Salamence and catch it off guard with Hp [Ice] on a Close Combat or Aura Sphere. Close Combat will destroy Blissey and Snorlax, Aura Sphere 3-4HKO's both Blissey and Snorlax depending on EV spread. Extremespeed just picks off fragile and faster pokemon like Azelf, Jolteon, etc. Shadow Ball provides type coverage and allows you to hit Dusknoir and surprise hit incoming Rotom appliances. I wouldn't say this set would be good but 4 attacks is actually decent. I need more testing though to see if it's actually pretty good.

HeYsUp- maybe use EQ over one of those moves, since it becomes one of the best moves in the game due to no imunities with gravity.
It's pretty redundant coverage with Fire and Fighting, tbh. It would probably work with Stone Edge though, just need to use a Rash Nature.

Swampert @ Rindo Berry
Bold | Torrent
  • Stealth Rock
  • Ice Beam
  • Hydro Pump
  • Mirror Coat

I remember getting a Magic Coat Swampert from Anti and it actually worked. Looks really good but the lack of Leftovers may give away your intentions.

Metagross looks okay too. I'd rather use Lucario for that though, since it actually has a good Special Attack stat. It also lures Zapdos, Rotom, and bulky waters.
Afti, Jynx looks decent but you'll be easily killed by Bullet Punch Metagross and Azelf with Fire Blast.

Set Name: Joltank Passer

Jolteon @ Petaya Berry
Nature: Calm
Ability: Volt Absorb
EV's: 252 HP | 172 Def | 84 Sp.Def
Moveset:
-Charge Beam
-Wish
-Agility
-Baton Pass

Basically after 1 Agility, and no speed investment with a calm nature, all pokemon will be unable to outspeed Jolteon even if they hold a choice scarf.
Only some Jolly Ninjask and Adamant Ninjask who invest in Speed can outspeed this Jolteon after a speed boost.
Charge Beam for STAB and Sp.Atk boost
Since this Jolteon will have boosted HP, Def and SpD, he will be able to take hits well enough to use Wish for either itself or a teammate.
Baton Pass is oviously to pass Agility, Charge Beam Boosts (and or petaya boost) and Wish.. if in danger just pass away since you will be faster.

Why Jolteon, when Vaporeon and Umbreon are much bulkier passers??
Vaporeon is good for passing Substitues, Acid Armor and Aqua Ring, whilst Umbreon is good for passing Subs, Meanlook, and Curses, etc. Jolteon is the best pokemon who can use Agility, Charge Beam, Wish and pass them. The only other pokemon who an do this are Girafarig, Plusle and Minum who are bad in the OU metagame. Smeargle can also do this but it's better suited for a different set.
What about Zapdos?? He's bulkier sure.. but wish passing is a great thing to have to weakened recipients.

I've tested this set in dozens of shoddy battles a team where i needed to pass to Gyarados, Porygon-Z, and Dragonite/Salamence.
Gyarados works well with Jolteon's ability which is why they were paired and he would recieve the baton if the others had fainted, if the situation was right or if there were no Sp.A boosts. Porygon-Z wasn't meant for testing but i did him anyway and after boosts he can sweep great. The MixNite/MixMences (Tested individually) set was Fire Blast, Dragon Pulse, EQ and Roost for Both and they each used Yache Berry.
I thought Mence would work better but he was unable to survive ice shards sometimes which is why I decided that MixNite was a better receiver of the boosts but this is just what I found from testing this Jolteon on the team I used and of course there would be many great receiving partners for Jolteon.

Some Damage Calculations / Battle Situations to show you how bulky this Jolteon really is:
(Damage Calculations done on Psypokes Damage Calculator and MetalKid's Damage Calculator for results comparison.)

Worried about Heatran's Earth Power??
The maximum damage a SpecsTran can do to this Jolteon is 333 (If Psypokes is correct) which is 1 HP off, so it will never OHKO this Jolteon if it's at Max Health.
Psypokes: 284-333 with +1 Sp.Atk (Choice Specs wasn't working)
MetalKid: 284 - 334 / 85.03% - 100.00% with +1 Sp.Atk
MetalKid: 285 - 336 / 85.33% - 100.60% with Choice Specs
*Someone please help me verify this if you know a better damage calculator*

Petaya Berry Will Activate, then you Baton Pass your boosts.

Worried about bulky grounds like Swampert or Hippowdon??
With 0 Attack investment and a neutral nature, Swampert's STAB Earthquake will do a maximum of 330 so it will never OHKO this Jolteon if it's at Max Health.
281 - 330 / 84.13% - 98.80%

Hippowdon under the same circumstances will do 285-335 so it seems if i'm not mistaking theres only a small chance Jolteon will die (without factoring Sandstorm).
285 - 335 / 85.33% - 100.30%

Worried about Curselax EQ??
A standard Curselax won't OHKO this Jolteon if it's at Max Health.
279-328 / 83.53% - 98.20%

Random OU threats:
(Only used MetalKid)

252 Sp.A Timid Specs Gengar - Shadow Ball does 52.10% - 61.38% to Jolteon
252 Sp.A Timid Gengar - Shadow Ball does 34.73% - 41.02% to Jolteon
252 Sp.A Timid Latias - Draco Meteor does 80.54% - 94.61% to Jolteon
252 Sp.A Calm/Timid Life Orb Latias +1 Sp.A - Dragon Pulse does 67.37% - 79.04% to Jolteon
252 Sp.A Timid Life Orb Zapdos - Heatwave does 36.53% - 42.81%
252 Atk Adamant Machamp - Dynamic Punch does 58.68% - 69.16% to Jolteon
252 Atk Adamant Heracross - Megahorn/Close Combat does 68.26% - 80.54%
252 Atk Adamant Life Orb Scizor - Brick Break does 38.32% - 45.21%
252 Sp.A Timid Specs Jolteon - Shadow Ball does 30.84% - 36.53%
252 Sp.A Timid Jolteon - Hidden Power Ice (70) does 18.26% - 21.26%
252 Sp.A Modest Specs Empoleon - Surf does 60.78% - 71.26%
252 Sp.A Neutral Cresselia +1 Sp.A - Psychic does 40.42% - 47.60%
0 Sp.A Bold/Calm Cresselia - Psychic does 20.66% - 24.25%

..As you can see, a lot can switch in and attack Jolteon while it can power up and pass successfully.

Set Name: Joltank Passer

Jolteon @ Petaya Berry
Nature: Calm
Ability: Volt Absorb
EV's: 252 HP | 172 Def | 84 Sp.Def
Moveset:
-Charge Beam
-Wish
-Agility
-Baton Pass
A lot of nice Calculations, but this seems outclassed by Zapdos, who can run Agility / Charge Beam / Baton Pass / Roost with Bulkier defenses, a 1-turn heal, and arguably better typing (roost on electric/flying is great).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)