And then there was 6...

Charizard @ Choice Scarf

Modest - 252 S.Attack - 252 Speed - 4 Hp
Overheat
Airslash
Focus Blast
Hidden Power (ice)

My main lead, can usually take out opposing leads in one hit. Air slash can get the nice flinch rate and prevent an in from putting up rocks. occa metagross in 2HKO'd, but then tentacruel can usually spin them away. With scarf, he can actually outrun standard DDance Salamnce and then hit them with an Hp(ice)

Ferligatr @ Lum Berry

Adamant - 252 Hp - 226 Att - 32 Spd
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Ice Punch
Earthquake

Bulky like, usually tries to get two DDances up before attempting to sweep, but after that, he's rather unstoppable. Not many pokemon can resist his moveset, but gyrados, be he can be 2HKO'd by Ice Punch after intimdate.

Sceptile @ life Orb

Timid - 252 S.Att - 252 Spd - 4 Hp
Leaf Storm
Focus Blast
Hidden Power (fire)
Dragon Pulse

My fast sweeper. He has good coverage and leaf storm can usually OHKO most pokemon, especially in overgrow.

Dragonite @ Yache Berry

Rash - 2552 Spd - 106 Att - 152 S.Att
Dragon Dance
Dragon Rush
Fire Blast
Earthquake

Although mence does do it better, i do like dragonite a lot more, and so i wanted to use him. He can easily KO things weak to fire with is EV's, and after one DDance he can easily sweep with Dragon Rush. I'll probably switch out Dragon Rush for claw because of its accuracy rate, but i really like the added power... I dont wanna run Outrage because im afraid of getting locked on a steel type, mostly scissor who can easily set up on me and possible sweep.

Steelix @ Leftovers

Impish - 252 Hp - 112 Def - 138 S.Def - 8Att(yes)
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Toxic
Roar

Actually quite good in OU, he can take Outrage like its nothing. Tries to stealth rock on most opponents, and can pull it off easily, and take 3 earthquakes from swampert, but usually impossible to OHKO with a physical move. Toxic and roar are for phazing and stalling purposes, and earthquake is a filler, because the only other choice i saw was iron tail.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge

Calm - 252Hp - 238 S.Def - 20 S.Def
Surf
Hp (fire)
Toxic Spikes
Rapid Spin

Hp (fire) for countering scissor who i REALLY hate, for he can easily resist all its moves. Pursuit is a little bit of a problem, but he can usually take a hit after a Swords Dance. Rapid spin is a must for Charizard and Dragonite to continue to battle, and toxic spikes because rocks + poison = win.

This seems pretty questionable. You use a lot of UU Pokemon, often when there is a better OU Pokemon available. Feraligatr, for example, is outclassed by Gyarados pretty hard, and Dragonite, though not UU, is entirely outclassed by Salamence on this set. "I like him better" is not an acceptable reason. Charizard is also a terrible choice due to the prevalence of stealth rock and of spin blockers, particularly Rotom-A who can make sure rocks always stay down.

My suggestions are this: Either drop Dragonite and Tentacruel for some things UU (Altaria and Nidoqueen, perhaps?) and make this a UU team, or change some of your members to make this a more viable OU team.

Well it actually does very good in OU, many of my pokemon can take hits, or are faster than most OU's, and how is liking a pokemon not "reasonable?"
That doesnt even make much sense.

I mean whatever happened to playing for fun and not just competative play?

I agree with 0urher here. Use dragonite over Salamence. Plus, there are some reasons to use him voer Salamence. 1. he can take hits better and 2. he has fire punch. (although your not using it.) Also, I use a similar set for Sceptile except I change Leaf Storm it Energy Ball. I highly suggest you do this. This is because it can't sweep after a Leaf Storm. It's SpA will be far to low. Overall I like the team. It's not so OU which is awesome considering it's more original and no one will really expect it

I'm agreeing with Wildfire on this... The reason that the Pokemon are OU, is because they are usually better at their jobs than any UU equivalent.

Anyway....

-If you want a Dragon Dancing Water type, the better choices are Kingdra and Gyarados, I think that Kingdra would work better here, as he can take Fire moves aimed at your Sceptile and Steelix, and Water moves aimed at your Charizard and Steelix like a champ. With the following set, DD, Waterfall, Outrage, Substitute, it can come in on said moves, sub up on the switch, then put up 1-2 DD's and begin to sweep with ease.

All I gotta say for now. Hope I helped!

My cousin has a Sceptile on Shoddy and it does really well.

Sceptile @ Salacberry
Timid - 252 S.Att - 252 Spd - 4 Hp
Leaf Storm
Endeavor
Quickattack
Substitute

After a couple of Subs, the Salac kicks in letting you outspeed more.
You use Endeavor to cut their HP down low and then use Quick Attack.
Leafstorm is just simply pwnsome.

If you want a Special Sweeper, I say drop the Charizard and go with
Alakazam/PorygonZ etc, etc.

I see several large problems.

1) Charizard: In standard play, (even in lower tiers) Zard doesn't get much use outside of the occasional Bellyzard in UU. The main problem with ScarfZard is this: he is slower, less versatile, lacks Trick, and is much weaker to entry hazards than other lead scarfers such as Jirachi and Azelf. In addition, the main reason one would use a Charizard would be because it has decent speed and special attack and can utilize Dragon Pulse. If you want a fire lead, I would suggest a focus sash Infernape.

2) Feraligatr: The main problem with the 'gatr is that he is outclassed by Gyarados, who has a great ground immunity, higher attack, and higher base speed, not to mention better type coverage.

3) Sceptile: Sceptile does not make a wonderful special sweeper because his STAB type, grass, has horrendous coverage (which is sad, I love grass types.) The coverage by the moves isn't bad; it's simply the fact that grass types make awful sweepers what with Scarftran, Azelf, steels, and dragons running rampant in OU.

4) Dragonite: I don't particularly care if you like a poke over another: you have to make a good moveset for it. Dragonite only bests Mence in that he can set up Light Screen, DD, Roost, and then attack with STAB (I like Dragon Claw over Outrage). Other than this set, which is very specific in that it keeps Dragonite safer from an errant Ice Beam, Mence does outclass the Gen 1 dragon.

5) You seem to like starters. I would suggest, then, a standard mixpert with Stealth Rock. He does everything that Steelix does, but better!

Honestly, your team needs a complete overhaul. I do approve of the creative usage of UU pokemon in the OU metagame, but it is very difficult for a team to consist of only two OU pokemon (and fairly specific, non-sweeping OU pokemon at that) and be successful. I use a venusaur in my OU team to great success, but the other pokemon compliment that set very well, so it works.

You also have three electric weaknesses. :\

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I'm pretty sure that 'fun' thing died in G / S / C.

If you insist on having a scarfed lead, use Infernape. Infernape isn't as good as something like a, say, Metagross. If you can handle something slow, a really good lead is Heatran. Heatran can beat Aerodactyl (maybe), Jirachi, Azelf, Metagross, and is only really challenged by Infernape, who can and will CC you for an OHKO. Shuca Berry will allow him to survive most unSTABed Earthquakes / Powers. 394 special attack is nothing to scoff at, and don't scuff your shoes at his Fire Blasts. I've added HP Grass to beat the Swamperts, and find it more useful than an occasional Explosion.

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Modest 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP

~ Earth Power
~ Fire Blast
~ HP Grass
~ Stealth Rock.

Gotta swap out your Feraligatr for something more viable. Honestly, Feraligatr doesn't have anything special that makes him stand out, besides his nothing-special typing, barely-above-average movepool, and mediocre stats. Kingdra, on the other hand, has one of the best type combos in the game. Defensively, it's okay, key resists being Fire (4x), and Steel. Offensively, it is superb. Water-Dragon gets great coverage, and hits possibly the most dominant type Super Effective. Not only that, but he is faster, and has better HP, SpA, SpD, and Speed, whilst Feraligatr bests it be 5 and 14 points in defense and attack, respectively.

Kingdra @ Life Orb / Leftovers / Lum Berry
Adamant 252 Atk / 232 Spe / 24 Def

~ Dragon Dance
~ Outrage
~ Waterfall
~ Substitute

Swap out Sceptile for Celebi. Offensive Celebi has decent power, speed, and bulk. Sceptile has the power and speed, but really lacks in the defensive department. A Celebi can take on SD Luke as well, who currently 6-0s you with some SR...which you can't spin away due to Lucario OHKOing Tentacruel. Celebi does two things for you: Add some much needed bulk, and paralysis support, whilst still being able to dish out hits, and two, it aggravates you (Here I am thinking of that " And no celebi. I hate them.")

Celebi @ Life Orb
252 SpA / 176 Spe / 96 Def

~ HP Fire
~ Grass Knot
~ Thunder Wave
~ Recover

Drop Dragonite for a 'New' MixMence-He'll help you with stall, and Offensive teams stand no chance.

A Bulky Water is not necessary for your offense team; try an offensive bulky water. An example would be Specs Vaporeon, or Offensive Suicune. Your team needs to keep the pressure on at all times, and not waste momentum Spiking or, even worse, spinning. That's probably the biggest rule to a bulkier offense. I will suggest Suicune, who can, after a boost, sweep a good portion of teams. His SpA is really good, and he has amazing bulk. Replace Tentacruel for Suicune.

Suicune @ Life Orb
Modest 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def

~ Calm Mind
~ Surf
~ HP Electric
~ Ice Beam

And I'd like to replace Steelix with Metagross. Metagross can Reflect, set up your Rocks, not to mention 135 base Attack and quite a good STAB. Metagross also has huge Special Defense (compared to Steelix), and quite a respectable 130 base Defense (backed by Reflect, also). Metagross has general bulk, instead of specialized bulk, and also keeps the pressure on

Metagross@ @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/112 Atk/136 Def/8 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake / SR
- Explosion / SR
- Meteor Mash / SR
- Reflect
---

I'm pretty sure that 'fun' thing died in G / S / C.
Well i must say, if you dont like to play a game for fun, is kinda scary how into the competative play you are. o_O

But thank you for the comments. I do like a lot fo the pokemon you sayd, especially porygon-z, he's one of my favorites, so i might use him.
Not to fond of heatran because he's used a lot though, and most people will predict a scarf if he has one, and also if you havent noticed in the sig... i hate celebi's with a deep fiery passion that i want to burn them all with...

Well i must say, if you dont like to play a game for fun, is kinda scary how into the competative play you are. o_O

But thank you for the comments. I do like a lot fo the pokemon you sayd, especially porygon-z, he's one of my favorites, so i might use him.
Not to fond of heatran because he's used a lot though, and most people will predict a scarf if he has one, and also if you havent noticed in the sig... i hate celebi's with a deep fiery passion that i want to burn them all with...
The thing is, Smogon is a COMPETITIVE Pokemon site. And RMT is for competitive teams. If you come in with a Pokemon with a moveset that is 100% outclassed by another, very similar Pokemon, and your only justification for doing so is "I like him better", this is not the site for you.

I'm going to agree with ChristovaOnIce and Perspex here, and suggest heavily, that if you want this to be OU you make the following changes:

1) Charizard must be dropped. If you want a fire-type Lead, Infernape and Heatran are your reliable options. If you want a Scarfed lead, I suggest Jirachi, Azelf, Bronzong, or Metagross, as they all have access to Trick and Stealth Rock.
2) Feraligatr should be dropped for either Kingdra or Gyarados, who both do Dragon Dancing Water Type better.
3) Sceptile as a sweeper is outclassed by something like Specs Celebi. Specs Celebi with Leaf Storm, Earth Power, HP Fire, and Trick or U-Turn can be quite the force to be reckoned with.
4) I second Swampert over Steelix, particularly if you use Gyarados on your team (they support each other quite nicely as Gyara is neutral to grass and Swampert resists Rock and is immune to Electric)
5) Salamence over Dragonite. Good lord Salamence over Dragonite. With the set you have posted, Salamence can have better stats in every single stat, identical moves, and a better ability.

Charizard shouldn't be directed as your lead. He's good for sweeping when needed. Theres alot of stealth rockers out there.

Steelix in your case should be your lead. Stealth rock early.

Malfunction

nice desu ne
I'm agreeing with wildfire393's argument.
Well it actually does very good in OU, many of my pokemon can take hits, or are faster than most OU's, and how is liking a pokemon not "reasonable?"
That doesnt even make much sense.

I mean whatever happened to playing for fun and not just competative play?
Yes, they are good, but they can be better. If you are playing to win, you should try being the best you can. Saying that choosing a given pokemon for the sole purpose of 'liking it better' is irrelevant to competitive pokemon. You might say that you don't play pokemon competitively. If that's the case, then this isn't the place for you. The community here tends to take everything from a competitive perspective, and if you don't agree with this, then try somewhere else. If you go to somewhere like Gamefaqs, you can find that almost all people play this game for 'fun'. It's because their community plays it that way.
If you want to play to win, do what have already been mentioned. A Dragon Dance Gyarados out classifies a Dragon Dance Feraligator by every way. Yes, Feraligator is good, but Gyarados is better. The same thing applies to Dragonite and Salamence.
I agree with 0urher here. Use dragonite over Salamence. Plus, there are some reasons to use him voer Salamence. 1. he can take hits better and 2. he has fire punch.
That is not true. Dragonite does have somehow better defensive stats, but with the way it's being used here, it won't be benefiting from them. Fire Blast is usually better than Fire Punch because most pokemon that tend to switch on DD Salamence have a high base defense. If you're hitting them with a special move, and hence through their Special Stats, then obviously, Fire Blast would be the superior option.

I would suggest that you try the above suggestions, given you want to win. Also, who said 'competitive' pokemon isn't fun? If you really get into it, you'll know how 'fun' it truly is..

Good luck with your team ;)

I actually havent had too many problems.

and i like to use pokemon i like, all because they are uu doesnt mean they cant do very well.

I actually havent had too many problems.

and i like to use pokemon i like, all because they are uu doesnt mean they cant do very well.
How about this then. I make a team that is effectively your team, only with better versions of the UU Pokemon you are using and Dragonite, and then we play. I would be willing to bet you that over the course of 10 games, I would win 9 of them, at least (accounting for the possibility of hax). For that matter, I'll just use a Bog Standard team and I bet you I'd win 9 out of 10 times, simply due to the fact that you are using inferior Pokemon where there are better options.

How about this then. I make a team that is effectively your team, only with better versions of the UU Pokemon you are using and Dragonite, and then we play. I would be willing to bet you that over the course of 10 games, I would win 9 of them, at least (accounting for the possibility of hax). For that matter, I'll just use a Bog Standard team and I bet you I'd win 9 out of 10 times, simply due to the fact that you are using inferior Pokemon where there are better options.
Well now if we were just pitting the pokemon together, and i wasnt thinking, you probably would.
But i'm a little better at playing the game than that. it would probably be around 5/10 after i find out your strategy and way of playing.
I have lost a few games with them, but i've never been beaten horribly. probably 2 - 0 for losing most of the time, 3 - 0 if im more careless than usual, but i have a pretty good win record with this team. I think... probably around 3/1 win.lose ratio. But im fine with that because, well, this team isnt really anything serious. Its just for casual play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)