Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Testing so far is promising, but more people trying it would be good. I'll also try with Pokemon Ranch broadcasting a Connect to Wii signal and see if that follows the trends I'm seeing. This makes a little more sense than most other theories, although I have no clue why it would work this way.

Does mespirit work for the sweet scented pokemon? 0.o

EDIT: and does the fact that I'm getting crappy seeds every time have anything to do with the fact that my sweet scenter is shiny?

Woohoo! Shiny Hasty (Adamant was like 9000 taps) Magikarp with a 31 attack IV! I have a question though.

If you accidentally defeat the first Pokemon you battle, can you still try to catch another Pokemon and collect it's IVs instead?

how do i get the correct offset??
During the Calibration phase, i got 1 the most for the frame but
I am not getting it anymore. I got an offset of 5 when I tried to SR for IVs.

how do i get the correct offset??
During the Calibration phase, i got 1 the most for the frame but
I am not getting it anymore. I got an offset of 5 when I tried to SR for IVs.
Is this on a new egg. If so, you have to just try many times, find out the new offset you get the most, and use that. If it is the same egg, idk.

I am not getting this right
here are my steps

First i ran the calibrations and got this:
Offset: 1
Delay: 598-612
Seconds:28

Next, i found this seed:
B/B/31/x/31/B
2009 04 04
16:02:28
Delay:604
Offset:1

Then I started resetting. I set my clock to 2009 04 04 16:01 and synchronized it with a watch.
Next I turned on the game, saved it after the journal screen and reset once the minute finished.
Then I quickly went through the continue screen and got the egg from the daycare man. Before hatching the egg, i went into the grass and caught a pokemon to find the eggs seed. I checked the seed. If the seed had 604 Delay and 28 seconds, i hatched the egg, otherwise i reset again. When I got my first seed that matched up, I hatched the pokemon and the IVs were not correct. I used the seed to find the offset and found the offset had changed to 5. I then used the Time Finder to find a different time with offset 5. I repeated the steps and still didn't get the right IVs and found the offset had changed to 8.
What am I doing wrong?

I am not getting this right
here are my steps

First i ran the calibrations and got this:
Offset: 1
Delay: 598-612
Seconds:28

Next, i found this seed:
B/B/31/x/31/B
2009 04 04
16:02:28
Delay:604
Offset:1

Then I started resetting. I set my clock to 2009 04 04 16:01 and synchronized it with a watch.
Next I turned on the game, saved it after the journal screen and reset once the minute finished.
Then I quickly went through the continue screen and got the egg from the daycare man. Before hatching the egg, i went into the grass and caught a pokemon to find the eggs seed. I checked the seed. If the seed had 604 Delay and 28 seconds, i hatched the egg, otherwise i reset again. When I got my first seed that matched up, I hatched the pokemon and the IVs were not correct. I used the seed to find the offset and found the offset had changed to 5. I then used the Time Finder to find a different time with offset 5. I repeated the steps and still didn't get the right IVs and found the offset had changed to 8.
What am I doing wrong?
I don't know how many times you got 1 for the offset. If you did just one test, it might have been a coincidence. Most likely people are moving on the screen and you want to get a consistent offset so try saving again (don't take the egg) and see if you can keep the offset at a range of 3, for example the offsets 4,5,6.

When you reset for the IVs part, can you use an AR Code to put the IV Check and Fast Egg Hatch Codes on, or does it mess with the delay?

And are the spreads we can get the same as emerald or totally different?

When you reset for the IVs part, can you use an AR Code to put the IV Check and Fast Egg Hatch Codes on, or does it mess with the delay?

And are the spreads we can get the same as emerald or totally different?
Yes you can use AR, it does not affect delay. Totally different than emerald.

So when you press start at the AR screen after you pick your codes you still need to start at Hour: Minute: 00 Seconds still?

So when you press start at the AR screen after you pick your codes you still need to start at Hour: Minute: 00 Seconds still?
I guess so, I have my own way of doing it effectively for myself. You just need to be able to hit start and get the target time you want. It adds about a 6 second delay.

What exactly can I do to help maximize my chances for getting 27+/31/30/30/31/30? My parents are these.

27/31/30/30/31/30
29/29/30/30/31/30

Is there something I can do with my game's time that can help improve my odds? I've locked into a shiny naive exxegutor, and I want it to be epic.

If you know how to abuse the RNG find a spread. If not and want to, read up the first page.

If you just want it to be random, I suggest changing the date to 4/30/2009. A lot of good spreads on that day.

I recently noticed that when I run calibrations, the first time I check the frame, I always get something really high like 20 or 60. After that, the rest of the tests are much more consistent with values 3-7.

Call me an ass, but I want to use my AR to check IVs.

If anyone else does this, how do you sync your DS time and use AR?
I use 2 ds, but anything else can work. I did tests do see how long it takes from hitting start, till hitting continue.

It adds about 6 seconds extra time.

So, If I want a time of 46 at continue, I start the game at 30. What I've noticed it is about 6.5 seconds extra because I get 46 and 47 for seconds. To correct this, I wait until 29, and when it is about to turn 30, hit start.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)