CAP 8 CAP 8 - Part 6 - Build Bias Poll

What should our Build Bias be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Pokemon so far:
Elevator Music said:
Name: Neglected Ability

Description: This pokemon will have an ability [or two] that is currently undervalued (but possibly very helpful) in the metagame but isn't used because the other pokemon with this ability don't have the stats or movepool to make it work.
Type: Electric / Dragon
Style Bias: Somewhat Defensive

This is where we determine the general build of the pokemon, from an physical and special standpoint. We also will set limits on the stat spreads that support that build. It should be noted that the Build Bias is not just for limiting stats, but also helps shape the general "feel" of the pokemon. The Build may influence other parts of the pokemon -- such as art, movepool, ability, etc. However, the stat spread is the only part of the project that will be specifically constrained by the voted Build Bias.

Physical/Special Balance is part of the Stats Rating Formula mentioned earlier. Depending on the winning option of the first poll -- that will limit the PSB options presented for the second poll.

Physical/Special Balance
Physical: 20 to 40+
Mixed, possibly Physical: 0 to 20
Mixed, possibly Special: -20 to 0
Special: -40 to -20

The voted PSB range must be followed by stat spread creators when submitting final stat spreads for the Stat Spread Poll later.

Discussion is encouraged in the thread, and please look through the thread before making a vote.

joshe

the best
Mixed Special. every dragon should have the ability to go mixed, cause it has so many amazing moves at its disposal, namely outrage, draco meteor, and dragon pulse. Granted, its attack doesn't have to be that high(I like 70 or something close to that), just enough to be able to be okay/above average.

Mixed Special. every dragon should have the ability to go mixed, cause it has so many amazing moves at its disposal, namely outrage, draco meteor, and dragon pulse. Granted, its attack doesn't have to be that high(I like 70 or something close to that), just enough to be able to be okay/above average.
This is spot-on.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Mixed Special, I'd like to emphasize the Defense a bit more so it's easier to take on Gyarados, Scizor, and Arghonaut.

I guess Mixed, possibly Special. I've seen some better support and reasoning towards being special in the stat spread discussion thread.

Mixed Special.
Come on, how many physical Electrics are there? Electric's Base Stat Averages on Special Atk/SP. Def are much higher than Atk/Def. Dragon is mixed, possibly Special, so that kind of balances it out, so I'm going Mixed Special.

Note: It's not fanboyish, it's not flavor. It's personal preference, and the fact that there are some standards set by Nintendo that we must follow

I don't get these people with mixed special... special is the way to go.

This thing is somewhat defensive, so all the stats will be fairly balanced. In order to keep some bulk, you will need to invest in HP, and possibly Def, meaning little left over for the offenses. 70 ATK isn't much with no investment. Those EV's would be better spent in Sp. Atk and going all special. Its not like blissey is going to ruin a tank from tanking. When you go mixed, you have to make EV sacrifices. This thing could be more threatening with more special attack EVs. If we go completely special, we could increase the base stat of special attack, giving it more power. Its the same thing as last time with Kitsunoh, if you want decent defenses, and a good offense, then there is no reason to go mixed. This thing won't be wall breaking very easily, so I'm voting for a Special bias.

I don't get these people with mixed special... special is the way to go.

This thing is somewhat defensive, so all the stats will be fairly balanced. In order to keep some bulk, you will need to invest in HP, and possibly Def, meaning little left over for the offenses. 70 ATK isn't much with no investment. Those EV's would be better spent in Sp. Atk and going all special. Its not like blissey is going to ruin a tank from tanking. When you go mixed, you have to make EV sacrifices. This thing could be more threatening with more special attack EVs. If we go completely special, we could increase the base stat of special attack, giving it more power. Its the same thing as last time with Kitsunoh, if you want decent defenses, and a good offense, then there is no reason to go mixed. This thing won't be wall breaking very easily, so I'm voting for a Special bias.
I agree completely with hydro. Unfortunately, I misclicked and voted Mixed Special ;>_>

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
I think I'll go with mixed special as I would like some sort of specially defensive dragon.

Mixed Special, for the following reasons:

- The dragons the dominate the metagame are predominantly physical themselves. Going physical is just going to give us results we have already.

- The one dragon that is special, latias, is bulky and a great special sweeper, so going purely special is again something we already know.

- Going pure physical or special would detract from defense imo, since we have a slight bias to defense, I want to make sure this becomes something other than a bulky sweeper.

- Mixed (either or here) allows for the focus to be on defense more than an offensive stat, and allows for more variability and leniency in ability choosing.

- Mixed allows for CAP8 to utilize its STABs on both sides of the spectrum well enough for tanking. Think a special swampert, sans a 4x grass weak.

- Anything not mixed may bring about dangerous Outrages or Draco meteors, so I want to keep them down in power (which will be hard).

Just as a note, Mixed Special does not automatically give it a high attack. My Stat Spread is mixed special with 60 Attack, giving it 110 Defense.

I'm voting for Mixed Special. Thunderbolt and Draco Meteor are both special and are the most strongest options this CAP would have, so it would be best to lean towards special.

I don't like Volt Tackle because of the recoil, and there isn't many viable physical electric moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)