Apprentice Program: Round Three

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Ok, we are ready to begin Round Three of the tutoring program; it will last for the next 2 weeks ( 5/14-5/28 )! If you are a NEW PLAYER and wish to get a tutor for this round all you have to do is post your profile in the format below. Tutors will be an excellent resource for you to learn Pokemon team building and battling strategies, as well as someone who can help "initiate" you into the Smogon Community. They are here for you...so take advantage!

Netbattle nick:
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!):
Experience level*:
A little about myself:
Generation(s) I want to learn:

*You don't have to be good...just willing to learn. So, don't be shy; Sign up now!

The tutors will view this thread and choose their apprentices based on the generations they want to learn and their regular online hours. Once they have made a choice, they will contact me through a PM and I will keep an updated list of tutors and their apprentices. Tutors will also PM the person they have chosen to teach and set up times to meet. Apprentices are also encouraged to be proactive in searching for their tutor.

If a tutor doesn't find a match, I will begin assigning the remaining tutors to appropriate apprentices. If you are still looking for a tutor after all tutors have been assigned...you have the option of looking through the tutor roster and PM'ing a suitable person (one who teaches the generation you want to learn and is online during similar hours) to ask them if they will take you on as a second apprentice. It's as simple as that!!

If at any point during this round you encounter a problem (difficulty getting together with your tutor, etc.), let me know and we will work to resolve the issue.

Round Three Tutor/Apprentice Matches:

1. ToP / StS
2. RicepigeonKKM / SpaceFlare
3. jpchato / Xtra
4. Roy / Kanto-Region
5. husk1442 / Mammoth
6. Black Leather Jacket / Iota
7. Mekkah / gdpt
8. Sanders / jedibob5
9. Kongler / cole
10. Aeroblacktyl / TheMusicMan
11. Lexay / Arkani
12. Veteran in Love / Tater
13. cloud / DragonDance
14. Steelicks / Exodia
15. cholena / whirlz
16. Cerberus / Dan Dan
17. pokemaniac15 / rikku
18. Cloggerdude / freaktron
19. Pokemon Professor / Tek
20. Justin8649 / Pocket
21. Warthog / Lightningstar
22. Aeolus / Tai

Available Tutors: chaos ; Jackal ; zfs ; Bugsy23 ; psychup2034 ; Steelicks ; skarm ; goofball ; CTrainer ; Acura

Apprentices in need of a tutor:

Matched Apprentices: StS ; SpaceFlare ; Xtra ; Kanto-Region ; Iota ; Mammoth ; gdpt ; jedibob5 ; cole ; TheMusicMan ; Arkani ; Tater ; DragonDance ; Exodia ; rikku ; whirlz ; Dan Dan ; freaktron ; Tek ; Pocket ; Lightningstar; Tai

Taken by jpchato

Netbattle nick:Xtra

Time zone:CST (GMT-5)
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!):5:00PM-10:00 PM
Experience level*:Not an absolute beginer, but still fairly new
A little about myself:Just a normal guy who likes pokemon
Generation(s) I want to learn:Advanced

Taken by Black Leather Jacket

Netbattle nick: Iota or ;-)(-;
Time zone: PDT (GMT-7)
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Mon-Fri 7-9pm, Weekends will vary-usually on at least 1pm-3pm (GMT-4, right?) Don't expect me on Fridays.
Experience level*: :( Can do Evs. I play fairly well, but still suck at prediction majorly.
A little about myself: Fast learner. I won't be here May 15-20 due to certain issues. By that, I mean that I won't be on AT ALL, so please work around this.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Adv OU, RBY OU, Adv UU

Taken by husk1442

Netbattle nick: Tazzler or any variation of Tazzler(version)
Time zone:EST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 3PM-10 PM on weekdays, 11AM-9PM most of the time on weekends
Experience level*: Okay at UU, not the best, but not the worst, would like some more skills though. I'm not that good at ubers, too. I got some experience at RBY in the last session, but I would still like some more.
A little about myself: Fav sport is soccer and food is ice cream. I like jynx. I am an okay predicter and battler in general.
Generation(s) I want to learn: RBY/GSC OU, ADV UU, ADV Ubers currently

Taken by ToP

Netbattle nick:
StS or Sandal that Stinks
Time zone: GMT +1
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Around 1 PM to 3 PM EDT. I'm on usually on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. And Sundays, for the Smogon Tour.
Experience level*: I've been playing RBY for the last 2 1/2 years, taking a break now and then. I started RuSa not too long ago, and totally fail at GSC.
A little about myself: I'm pretty much your average 16-year-old living in Luxembourg. I'm studying maths, love writing stories and RPing, and play the piano. I speak German and French, but prefer English by far. I also visit the GFaqs boards regularly.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Basically, I would like to learn RuSa OU, and UU, playing and team building for both of these. Prediction in RBY would be great, too, as I usually rely on hax, and tend to overpredict a lot. >_>

While GSC interests me less, I wouldn't mind any advice I could get. Note that I don't have any GSC team ready, though.

Taken by Roy

Netbattle nick:Kanto-Region
Time zone:EST/EDT
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): weekdays:4p.m-11p.m
Experience level*:I've played pokemon on GBC and GBV a lot so lets say intermidiate?
A little about myself:When I've played pokemon on my game boy I've always wanted to playwith other people so I think this is a great thing we all have here and I want to be good at it. I listen and like to learn.
Generation(s) I want to learn:RBY, ADV

Taken by Kongler

Netbattle nick: Cole
Time zone: Philly, so that's eastern i guess
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): um... alot, 4-7 or later on weekdays who knows when on the weekend, but alot either way.
Experience level*: I was a so-so player about... 6 months ago, then i quit, for WoW, and for 360!
A little about myself: Um... i'm a just turned teenager, PC freak with an unsual name. And yes, cole is my real name. Love pokemon and x360, especially oblivion. I have a hard time mixing my style with the current metagame, so my teams usually turn out to be all OU or all my favorites.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Any thanks, but i perfer RSE.

Taken by RicepigeonKKM

Netbattle nick:
Swallowstar/SpaceFlare (I use Swallowstar more often)
Time zone: GMT+8:00
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 7:30 PM - 12 AM, sometimes from 1-3 AM or 5-7 AM
Experience level: I'd say somewhat decent but still with some flaws in my playing style.
A little about myself: Getting busier now that the school year is coming closer here in my place. I will still make an effort to be on though.
Generation(s) I want to learn: RS OU team building primarily, if not then RS Ubers or RS 2vs2 or RS 200.

RicepigeonKKM

Wait, who?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
SpaceFlare said:
Netbattle nick: Swallowstar/SpaceFlare (I use Swallowstar more often)
Time zone: GMT+8:00
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 7:30 PM - 12 AM, sometimes from 1-3 AM or 5-7 AM
Experience level: I'd say somewhat decent but still with some flaws in my playing style.
A little about myself: Getting busier now that the school year is coming closer here in my place. I will still make an effort to be on though.
Generation(s) I want to learn: RS OU team building primarily, if not then RS Ubers or RS 2vs2 or RS 200.
claiming for 2vs2

Taken by Mekkah

Netbattle nick:gdpt
Time zone: PST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): during the night on weekends
Experience level*: i'm ok at rby and that's it.
A little about myself: i live in the us
Generation(s) I want to learn: adv ou

Assigned to MoP

Netbattle Nick: Some variation of TheMusicMan (meaning stuff like TheMetroMan is me)
Regular online hours: I'm in EDT, so yeah... my job doesnt start for another couple of weeks, so I'll be on most of the day... and night.
Experience level: I play GSC mostly, so I know what im doing somewhat there... I've been playing ADV more lately, and have gotten better, but I still need major help.
A little about myself: I'm a music major and the whitest white boy you'll ever meet... nuff said.
Generations I want to learn: RS UU for Summer Freedom primarily (I've never played it before), GSC UU ability is a plus as I would like to learn that too. Also, though my last priority, I'd like to continue with RS OU.

Taken by Sanders

Nb nick: jedibob5
Time zone: EST, moving in about a month to CST.
Online hours: when I can, usually after 4 PM and before 9 PM
A little about myself: I play guild wars, Pkmn Ruby, and many other games that i have in a HUGE CD book.
Experience: newer then newbie
Generations: I don't care, i just want to be able to win a few netbattles.

jedibob5 said:
Nb nick: jedibob5
Time zone: EST, moving in about a month to CST.
Online hours: when I can, usually after 4 PM and before 9 PM
A little about myself: I play guild wars, Pkmn Ruby, and many other games that i have in a HUGE CD book.
Experience: newer then newbie
Generations: I don't care, i just want to be able to win a few netbattles.
he's mine

Assigned to Lexay

Netbattle nick:
Arkani[suck..]
Time zone: GMT +2 (Central European Summer Time)
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): under week from 1 PM - 4 PM at week end mostly the whole day with the exeption of 3 AM - 6 AM
Experience level*: i can play 386 UU and RBY and a little bit gsc thats all
A little about myself: i live in germany and play nb since ~2 years (yes but i cant play 386 >_<) i like playing football and sitting in front of my pc :D
Generation(s) I want to learn: 386 OU maybe GSC (if anyone wants but 386 is more important)

Assigned to Veteran in Love

Netbattle Nick: Tater
Time Zone: GMT -5(EST)
Regular Online Hours(in EDT!!): Not knowing what EDT is, Im on around 4:30 to 8:30 pm EST(since schools out, it will vary.) Im pretty much on all the time on most weekends.
Experience Level: Im pretty good in most forms of advance, and have been playing OU for 4 monthes. Im decent in RBY. I suck at GSC(which I just started.
A little about myself: I like playing the guitar and hanging out with my friends and stuff like that.
Generations I want to Learn: GSC

Assigned to cloud

NB nick: DragonDance.
Time Zone: EST (GMT -5)
Reg. Hours: Mon-Thurs: 4 PM- 9:30 PM
Fri: 4 PM - Midnight
Saturday: 10 AM - Midnight
Experince level: Fairly good at Adv OU, good at Basic Predicting, fairly good at RBY OU.
A little about myself: Pretty cool, lotsa friends. One of the main people at Serebii.
Generations to learn: Adv 2on2, GSC OU, Adv 200.

Assigned to Steelicks

Netbattle nick:
Exodia
Time zone: GMT +8:00
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): I can be on anytime my tutor is (which is from about 7am EDT - 1pm EDT. From June 5 though I'll be on from 6/10am-1pm Thursday (probably) and 6-8pm EDT/ Fridays
Experience level*: I'd say I'm pretty decent at predicting, and ADV OU, albeit sometimes crumbling under pressure, even if I have it won. I think 102746826450 battles would help further my "decency" at adv ou, but I stress I really need someone who can teach me build very good teams pretty easily in ADV.
A little about myself: Dammit, 18 days till school :(
Generation(s) I want to learn: RBY OU/GSC OU, and team building in RBY/ADV

Assignment pending...

NetBattle nick: Shichiro
Time Zone: EST
Online Hours: 5-9 PM on weekdays USUALLY, on weekends though I might not be on at all, and I might be on all day, it varies.
Experience: I can predict and build teams in RBY... that's it. I used to be OK at Advance but not anymore I guess. I can't predict or build great teams in Advance, nor do I know how much EVs to give what to get a good stat in whichever stat I'm adding EVs to, etc. I know the BASICS of Advance though.
A little about myself: Huge Hockey fan (Sabres). Also like Music, playing sports, and (of course) playing Pokemon.
Generations I want to learn: Advance OU, focusing on Team Building and prediction. I know what counters what basically.

Assigned to cholena

Netbattle nick: Whirlz

Time zone: IST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 12.PM to 3.PM
Experience level*: fairly new,i suck at battling.
A little about myself: Iam a big fan of pokmon and i would love be good in netbattle.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Adv ou

Assigned to Cerberus

Netbattle nick: Dan Dan

Time zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 12:00pm - 7:00pm most nights
Experience level: I can build a team, but cant spot weaknesses, set EVs well, or play confident enough.
A little about myself: Standard 17 yr old english kid
Generation(s) I want to learn: RS OU, RS UU, GSC OU, 2v2

Assigned to pokemaniac15

Netbattle nick: BananaBoy
Time zone: GMT-6:00
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 9:00 am-12:30 am and 7:30 pm-11:00 pm
Experience level*: i can build a team, set evs but have a hard time spotting weaknesses and somewhat predicting
A little about myself: i want to be a pokemon master
Generation(s) I want to learn: GSC OU

Assigned to Cloggerdude

Netbattle Nick: freaktron
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours: On weekdays, I am usually on Pokerealm after 4 PM. I am usually around on weekends, I usually shouldn't be hard to find. I do come to Smogon occasionally.
Experience Level: meh
A little about myself: I'm really not as good as I used to be, but meh, everyone gets rusty at something sometime.
Generations I want to learn: Fuck RS OU currently, for now I could use some RBY/GSC help...RS ubers as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)