HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually most GSC games have become physically impossible to play, as the internal battery dies in about seven years. Out of my Gold, Silver, and Crystal versions, only my Silver is still able to keep a save file.
Wow that's interesting, my Silver is 9 years old and it is still playable. I actually just started a new game a fwe days ago.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Oak's Letter is an event.

Something like Mewtwo is an in-game Pokemon catchable sans event.
Oh sorry, I didn't noticed the "without event" part. But still, I'm almost certain we'll have access to Ilex Forest Celebi, they just have to use Wi-Fi to give out GS Ball to anyone, like they did with the Letter.

Just to put in my Two Cents ;)
I personally belive that that Kurts Balls may not be part the game anymore but that he may act as a trader between to get the DPP pokeballs (Quick, Dusk, etc.) for their GSC Counter Parts (Fast, Moon, etc.) when you give him the apricorns, since they will most likely be Key Items now.

I highly doubt that Dive will become an HM again for the same reasons that we couldn't transfer pokemon over with HMs from 3rd Gen, because their commands not to make then unereasable remained.

Hopefully, like others have said, they will have Extreme Speed Dratini and increase the usefullness of Kanto, although I really do hope that the Sevii Islands do return since it would be a waste not to use the trading center on Island 1 as the GTS hub for it, although the Goldenrod Pokemon Center could also fit the description ;)

Outside of these things, It's going to be interesting how how they treat the time machines, the closed safari (maybe add a sidequest to open it?), what the shiny pikachu unlocks(if anything at all), the usefullness of the new aesthetic traits and the art like others have said.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
I'm betting on things like fast and moon will be different. E.g. Fast ball for running away pokemon like suicune, moon ball for nocturnal pokemon (ones that only come out at night). Things like this, clsoe but different at the same time.

Seems the Pokémon Sunday show didn't tell anything new.

Now to wait the next CoroCoro.
Well, I watched Pokemon Sunday myself (granted only for a few minutes at the end), but I saw a trailer showing Chikorita following the trainer outside of its Pokeball. Does that not indicate anything of importance?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Well, I watched Pokemon Sunday myself (granted only for a few minutes at the end), but I saw a trailer showing Chikorita following the trainer outside of its Pokeball. Does that not indicate anything of importance?
Kill me and fuck the body, that's what I get for hearing Serebiians.

Well, you can do it in Pal Park, so that's not so far fetched. I'd like to think you could let any Pokemon out of it's Poke Ball, but it's probably just for the starters.

What is that white thing on the roof of the bottom left house?

vashta

"It was pretty cool to watch Tim Duncan from afar"
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, you can do it in Pal Park, so that's not so far fetched. I'd like to think you could let any Pokemon out of it's Poke Ball, but it's probably just for the starters.

What is that white thing on the roof of the bottom left house?
According to one of the other pictures Serebii has displayed on its site, it is a mini windmill of some sort.

Oh sorry, I didn't noticed the "without event" part. But still, I'm almost certain we'll have access to Ilex Forest Celebi, they just have to use Wi-Fi to give out GS Ball to anyone, like they did with the Letter.
Yup. My thoughts exactly.

Oh and for the records the Apricorn Pokeballs were next to nothing like the new Pokeballs. Don't confuse things like Fast (for running Pokemon) and Quick Balls or Moon (for Pokemon that evolve via Moon Stone) and Dusk Balls. Even the Love Ball and Luxury Ball work differently iirc.

Omfg finally a male hero that doesn't look like shit. Rejoice! And the starter Pokemon.. following you? Yes! Hopefully they'll continue to do it once they evolve.

O_o

I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw that screenshot. They've done a fantastic job revamping new bark town!

Also, can anyone link me to the new sumugi art if it's up yet? It'd be incredible to see.

I thought the Red/ Blue hero looked pretty awesome, self absorbed yet friendly :)

I kinda hate the Johto guy's hair, but apart from that he's cool :)

The Hoenn guy would have been fine, if somebody would just please tell me what is up with his head? Is that white stuff a hair, or hat?

The Sinnoh guy looks like a self absorbed and outcast french exchange student who uses his pokemon to force people to be his friends, even though he doesn't really like having them :P

I'm betting on things like fast and moon will be different. E.g. Fast ball for running away pokemon like suicune, moon ball for nocturnal pokemon (ones that only come out at night). Things like this, clsoe but different at the same time.
Moon Ball was only useful for pokemon that evolved in moon stones. Not nocturnal. Fast balls were just just for pokemon with high speed stats.

EDIT: Oops just read other posts, beaten.

Oh god, please let that be a feature that you can shut off if it annoys you. That was one thing that annoyed me about Yellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)