How did you create your username?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Nobodies in Kingdom Hearts names are an anagram of a name with a X added in. I wanted a new username (as the one's I had before would be taken, like Wasabi on different sites), so I used my name, Waasiq, and anagram'd it.

W A A S I Q X
X A Q W A I S

2003, some random Yu-Gi-Oh forms, Raven sounds way too girly, so I chose Crow, but the C looked weird.

Krow =D

In short, my username is my IRL name, but it took me a while to actually start using it.
In the ages back when I first began to register accounts on the internet, my typical screename was agentdennis007, from a mission in a Worms game called, "Rescue Agent Dennis."
As I went on, I didn't like how typical the name sounded, so I later changed it to Agent Silverfox. Blue is my favorite color, but Bluefox didn't flow, so I used my second favorite color, silver. I have no idea where the Fox came from.
Onward, I began to think that Agent Silverfox was too long, and I began to recognize how uncommon the name Rex has been throughout my entire life (I've only come into contact with two people with my name), as well as how awesome of a name it is. The "Agent" tag also sounded childish, so I carried on the silver and created Silver Rex.
Eventually, I lost the Silver somewhere, and, simply, Rex is what I now prefer and what I have used as my username everywhere ever since.
Unfortunately, Rex is also taken on many sites, so when I registered for Smogon I had to add underscores. The actual "Rex" on this site has no posts and registered four days before I did. Needless to say, I was pissed off.
It'd be simply Rex if I could, but now its just _Rex_.

/story

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
So yeah, first time logging onto shoddybattle and needed a nickname.

Started searching around the house, found a ruler give to my dad (who is a GP) from a drug company who were currently endorsing a product called "panamax".

Of course I didn't want it to be exactly the same so i stuck -is on the end.

And there you go, "panamaxis". (no capital P because lowercase is obviously much better then upper case).

6A9 Ace Matador

veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE
Veteran's user name is so awesome i used the name sake in my Ubering alt ._.
Nice to see you around again Vil ^^,

~Matador came from the fact I'm part Spanish and have always found Matador to be a very "sexy" word. Ace was just a cliché tag i used in games.

My user name comes from a tweak to my first name (Adam), though the 2 has a minor story behind it. On some other forum I registered for years ago, I created "adman", only to find that something went wrong with the registration. It worked fine when I made a second account, thus "adman2". I've kept the username ever since for consistency.

I got it from that wrestling event, but I got this account for over a year.

I'm kinda stuck with this username :(

I wanted something short that didn't suck

I was looking through used game controllers on ebay and I saw one that had a cost of 2 dollars, so I bought it

so that's where I came up with "cost" :)

A Gary Larson cartoon's first draft had a man noticing a man in a dark alley with a giraffe behind him whispering "Hey, buddy, wanna buy an ungulate?" Although they changed it to "hoofed mammal", it stuck and I liked the idea of a cow/giraffe/etc. superhero, so I used it.

Well, it is pretty obvious Im an Invader Zim fanboy, and, since my favorite character is Gir, I chose that name (and the "!" at the end was result of the first time my friend saw my Gir plushie, he said "Oh my god, it is Gir!" so I liked the way it sounded) yeah, I know, really unoriginal, but hey, at least I didnt need to use any numbers like in other forums.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Well, it is pretty obvious Im an Invader Zim fanboy, and, since my favorite character is Gir, I chose that name (and the "!" at the end was result of the first time my friend saw my Gir plushie, he said "Oh my god, it is Gir!" so I liked the way it sounded) yeah, I know, really unoriginal, but hey, at least I didnt need to use any numbers like in other forums.

By looking at your name I figured you were trying to say "Girl" using ! in place of l.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Well cause of my Italian heritage, I got called Italian Stallion sometimes by my friends. So when I signed up, Stallion was the first thing in my head to use. I was also 14 when I signed up, so the Mysterious part came from me wanting to sound cool I guess lol. As you all know, Mysterious Stallion is a fucking long ass name, so everyone called me MS. Eventually, I decided to just change it to MS anyway and it's stuck (even though I get the jokes about Multiple Sclerosis, Maple Story, Microsoft Sam etc). I still use "Mysterious Stallion" on most sites I visit these days.

EDIT:
back in rby

a lack of a grass eeveeolution + my real name (Vincent) led to Vineon

they eventually made a goddamn grass eevee though and gave it the worst possible name.
I remember when the translation of the original name was "Vineon" and the reaction around the forums.

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I wanted to use the username bidoof but it was taken so I just went with Mudkip. =D

That had to have been a pain in the ass to type. And I got my username by jacking my schools spirit "squads" name. Sons of Thunder, changed it to Son, and went from there.

My last name is Jackson, and I have always liked the phrase: "Jack of all trades, master of none."

So I made an acronym out of "Jack(son) of all trades blah blah blah", and there came "Joatmon".

The part in To Kill A Mockingbird where Atticus shoots the dog is both the saddest and most badass part of the entire book.

Mine is kind of...well uninteresting. For a while my hair had the curly look to it and was shortish. A basic visualization of it is the stereotypical old maestro's hair only black instead of white. So anyways, I am a music history buff and theorist (kind of), in fact I am starting my music major this fall at Northern Michigan university...but I digress and some one said to me at school. "HEY DAMON! You look like an old pianist like Beethoven or something" to witch I replied in a fake European accent (it was horrible) "No, I am Ludwig Van Damon" and I use it on and off as a screen name at forums I visit.

In first grade, one girl couldn't pronounce my name and called me "jermy" instead of "jeremy". The name has stuck ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)