Apprentice Program - Round Fourty One (Suspect Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoddy Battle nick: Immortal Bushi
Time zone: Central
Regular online hours (Eastern only!): 8pm - 3am
Are you committed to qualifying for Stage 3 voting?: That's what I'm here for.
A little about myself: College student with a summer job. Been competitive for a while, but can't seem to get into a winning grove. I get randomly busy, but I will do my best to be consistant.
Why I need help: still trying to work with team building and synergy. I'm still not good at judging suspects but i'm willing to learn.

Shoddy Battle nick:PikachuXD
Time zone: East Coast (US) (GMT -5:00)
Regular online hours (Eastern only!): 4-6 PM
Are you committed to qualifying for Stage 3 voting?: Sure.
A little about myself: I play Pokemon. I used to be pretty good at ubers but really fell apart after September. I've seen Phillip7086 battle quite a number of times and would like to request him as my tutor, because he really impressed me.
Why I need help: I'm terrible and sick of losing. I also need to learn how to create a solid team.

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Shoddy Battle nick: iBojangles
Time zone: EST
Regular online hours (Eastern only!): Weekdays: 7:30-9 PM, All friday night or saturday
Are you committed to qualifying for Stage 3 voting?: I've been waiting for this lol
A little about myself: Your average High school student. I really enjoy playing Pokémon, and would like to get better at it.
Why I need help: My main problem is team building, but my prediction needs to get just a bit better.

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Shoddy Battle nick: Starstorm98

Time zone: EST

Regular online hours (Eastern only!): On weekends I'm on around 3:00pm to 5:00pm and then I"ll probaly come back around later.

Are you committed to qualifying for Stage 3 voting?: I'm interested in trying new things so yeah.

A little about myself: Theres only a few weeks of school left then I'll be an upperclassman in highschool. I've became a much better battler since Round 4 but now I'm hoping to try out the suspect as a new thing to get into.

Why I need help: I'm still pretty bad at my predictions and I tend to overpredict way too much. Also I would like to be apart of the voting process.

I'd like to request Legacy Raider as my tutor. He helped me become a better battler and he's easy to talk to.

Shoddy Battle nick: Midway
Time zone: EST -5:00
Regular online hours (Eastern only!): Most of the time ranging from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM, then usually 10:00 PM till 12:00 AM or so.
Are you committed to qualifying for Stage 3 voting?: Yes, I will qualify.
A little about myself: I run track and fight (Muay Thai and BJJ), but I also love intellectual topics as well, especially Biology and of course Theorymon =P. I'm a pretty nice guy and I like to have a good time.
Why I need help: I'm a decent battler and I am always looking to improve my prediction skills as well as my proficiency as a team builder. Also, I feel that I will need some help succeeding in and adjusting to new suspect metagame due to all the different threats.

Finally, I would like to request Philip7086 as my tutor if possible.

Shoddy Battle Nick: XxBC.xX, Graceful Tragedy
Time Zone: Pacific
Regular Online Hours: 8 PM - 1 AM (But times are very variable)
Are you commited to qualifying for Stage 3 Voting: HOPEFULLY
A little about myself: Really good in academics, play badminton, president of a video gaming club in hs (love video gaming), love competitive pokemon.
Why I need help: I had made leaderboard twice and took a two week break. Now I can't win with my old team and need to tweak it. I also want to learn to use different types of teams.

Tutor Request: I had Twist of Fate and Great Sage before (they're great tutors) and I feel it'd be nice if I got someone else this round.

Shoddy Battle nick: Raiden613
Time zone:EST
Regular online hours (Eastern only!):Usually from about 4:30 PM until early the next morning.
Are you committed to qualifying for Stage 3 voting?: Yes, I am.
A little about myself:I'm just your average 17 year old guy. I've never really played Pokemon competitively, so this is my chance to give it a try. I've always wanted to try Suspect voting since I read about it, so this is also my chance to give this a try. I'm committed to whatever I set in front of myself, and I usually work hard at my assigned task.
Why I need help:I want to help Smogon, as well as help myself. I want to learn the tiers and why they're set up the way they are. I want to learn what makes the tier listing so, and what qualifies a Pokemon to be in one tier, when one stronger can be in a lower tier, and a weaker one can be higher.

Shoddy Battle nick: CWrecks

Time zone: -10 Hawaii

Regular online hours (Eastern only!): Sometimes from 9pm onwards. Always from 3am onwards. Most often become unavailable from 9am until one the above times

Are you committed to qualifying for Stage 3 voting?: Yes

A little about myself: I'm big on anything that involves music or fish. I thoroughly enjoy all kinds of both. College educated in communication, and an avid outdoors-man and gamer, I've been playing since familycon and z-mud. Pokemon has been my favorite franchise since it's conception, and knowing more about the game has always been a goal of mine, but finding resources for competitive play used to be tough.

Why I need help: Having played several games at competitive, and semi competitive levels (namely Magic, and DOTA), I find tutelage is a key factor in attaining genuine success in an already established metagame. I'm sincerely interested in pokemon, and if I can help the community while improving my skill level it seems a natural course of action.

Don't let my new member status, and lack of posts throw you off. I dislike posting unhelpful, or irrelevant topics, and as of yet have nothing to contribute. Hopefully this will soon change.

Shoddy Battle nick:Lakmear
Time zone:central (GMT+5?)
Regular online hours (Eastern only!):4-11 weekdays and most of the day on weekends
Are you committed to qualifying for Stage 3 voting?: yes, extremely
A little about myself:I do well in school (skipped a grade), but ap tests are over so I have no homework pretty much the rest of the year, so I will have plenty of time and will be very committed. I play for one of the top premier soccer teams in my state. I also used to play chess and currently snowboard, golf, and compete in track. I am very determined. I only play a few games that I become proficient in, and pokemon is the game that is grabbing my attention and I will got all out to learn it!
Why I need help:I need help, because I have just started competitive battling and have read smogon pretty thoroughly, but I know it is nearly impossible for me to do well in the suspect tests without help. I think that the suspect ladders will be a great way to start out my competitive pokemon career, because with a tutor I may be able to greatly influence the game from the very beginning.

i would like to have a tutor

Shoddy Battle nick:WindScythe
Time zone:central (GMT+5?)
Regular online hours (Eastern only!):4-11 weekdays and most of the day on weekends
Are you committed to qualifying for Stage 3 voting?: yes,
A little about myself: Im a girl and just want to get better at pokemon. I enjoy sports and im really good at school. thats about it.
Why i need helpIM new at shoddy but have been playing on wifi for a year or two now. Ive been trained a little bit by my brother. I want to get better at predicting and team building. I just feel liek i need alot of work. I would say ima amoung an average battler.

Shoddy Battle nick: Darkness Wolf
Time zone: Mountain USA GMT -7
Regular online hours (Eastern only!): Weekdays from 12pm-5 pm and 8pm - 12 am
Mostly all day on week nights.

Are you committed to qualifying for Stage 3 voting?: HECK YES!
I know I'm realllyyyyyyyyyyyy late but I've always wanted to try Suspect Ladder but knew I had no chance by myself. This is my chance!

A little about myself: I'm an average guy who likes Pokémon and plays sports. Been playing Pokémon since the first games and have never gotten a rating of over 1300 on Standard Ladder.

Why i need help
I have ALWAYS wanted to rise from being the under dog here on Smogon to getting known like my idol Earthworm. I feel that with help from a tutor I can accomplish that goal.

hey im Dragez in i liek to apply for a tutor

hoddy Battle Nick: Dragez14MD

Time Zone: EST

Regular online hours (Eastern only!): 4-11 weekdays (off and on), IM usually available on weekends
Are You committed to qualifying for Stage 3 voting?: I will try my best to reach the voting requirements, im ready for whatever
A Little bit about myself: been playing pokemon for a long time im running a clan in need to get even better. I love sports and video games. I want to be the best in thats not a dream but reality

Why I need help: I was in the previous round and kevin garret helped me out big time. he got me from 1000 to 1500. I'm not sure if anyone else can do that big of an improvement but they can try lol my main concern would be team building. If Tay is not taken i would like to ask for her to be my tutor but if not just give me someone talented please thank u kevin G.

Shoddy Battle nick: Penguin73
Time zone: Eastern
Regular online hours (Eastern only!): 9am-11am and 9:30pm-12mid Weekdays, Available most hours on weekend
A little about myself: I have been playing Pokemon for a long time (ever since Red/Blue). I only recently started playing competitively. I have been on Smogon and Shoddy Battle for almost a month and plan to get more active here at Smogon.
Why I need help: Obviously, playing the Gameboy versions are not the same as battling competitvely. I have been able to construct some teams, and be fairly successful, but I would like to learn more to improve my game. I need help with better prediction skills and more awareness of team synergies. I was looking forward to help in OU and UU tiers, but I am also committedd to the Suspect process if allowed to enter into this round.

Penguin73

Shoddy Battle nick: Pokefan362
Time zone: Pacific
Regular online hours (Eastern only!): 8:00 PM-2:00 AM
A little about myself: I am a home-study student with a huge obsession for video games. After discovering competitive battling I worked hard to improve my team and be one of the best. I consider myself quite capable, but I want to learn much more and actually become a part of this great community. I admit, I was hoping that I could be tutored in OU, but I decided to take advantage of this Suspect round, as I DO want to vote.
Why I need help: I find it hard to judge suspects or build good team synergy.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Alright, I'm going to close this thread.

We will select our pool of tutees based on both their applications and their previous history on the forums.

Expect pairings within the next few days. :)

NOTE: There will not be a separate round for OU / UU / Uber tutoring at this point in time - there was not enough interest. To those that did indicate interest, however, you might want to PM some of the tutors that are not found on this list and see if they will take you on.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, sorry for the delay, assignments are up!

Good luck, have fun, and get suspecting!

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I have been told that a fair few people have had some issues with the pairings, so I am taking a couple of minutes away from what I should be doing to post this.

I'm going to answer a couple of the most common complaints:

You didn't pair me with X even though I requested them!
Although we do try to honour requests where we can, sometimes it is simply not productive to do so based on online hours and other factors. Last time I checked, a request was just that - a request. They are never 100% guaranteed. If it's really that much of an issue, there are many people who didn't get in at all that would love your spot.

You said you wouldn't do first come, first serve!
No, I said we wouldn't necessarily do first come first serve pairings. In that sense, we were wanting to filter out anyone that appeared to have no interest in the Suspect ladder, and therefore would not feel obliged to attempt to gain voting rights. We actually got a pretty promising group sign up, so tell me - how did you think we would separate applications in a case like that?

We see where you're coming from, but really, there are far too many people that sign up to keep everyone happy, although we try our best. If pairings don't go the way you want, just try again in a later round, and please stop being so self-centered about the whole process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)