Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (CAP Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Currently, CAP , well, creates pokemon for the Standard Environment.

Is there any plan, or scope for trying out CAP: UU?

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Currently, CAP , well, creates pokemon for the Standard Environment.

Is there any plan, or scope for trying out CAP: UU?
Well for one thing we don't have too many players as it is, so it would be hard to support a UU ladder too. Some of the CaP's have pre-evolutions that might be useful in UU, but I don't think there have been any plans to implement them at all. Lol, a UU rev would be nice(without a UU Arghonaut).

Where can i download the new CAP sprites for shoddy?
I dont have Kitsunoh's sprite yet, and soon the CAP 8's sprite will be finished, and i'd like to know where i can download it when it is. :toast:

do rev, pyroak and fridgit have any tutor moves? just wondering since they are not in the analysis.
I don't think they've been decided; after all, they were made before Platinum came out. Not 100% sure on this; have a look back through the last few pages of threads in this forum.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I don't think they've been decided; after all, they were made before Platinum came out. Not 100% sure on this; have a look back through the last few pages of threads in this forum.

Tutor moves for Syclant can be found in the Strategy Pokedex. Which is why it can now use Earth Power + Tail Glow. I'm not sure for Revenankh and Pyroak, though I can't find tutor moves for them in the SP.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
There was Policy Review thread on the matter, but all that was decided was that the process for adding tutor moves needed to be better defined. No one took the initiative to do so, so nothing has come out of the project so far. It is possible that tutor moves will be added at a later date, but it does not seem to be a pressing matter at this point in time.

The server code of conduct says you get kicked or banned for PMing the modbot, but when the server was first made Doug said to PM the modbot in order to see the leaderboard. Are the rules wrong or can only mods and drivers see the leaderboards without being banned?

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
To elaborate, the bot will respond if you pm it with "leaderboard playtest", or "leaderboard lc". However it will automatically kick you for sending the commands repeatedly in a short amount of time.

After browsing at the CAP Pokemon, I read Syclant's Dex Entry

Dex Entry 2: "Wild SYCLANT's are very aggressive, so much so that they live alone. They train by breaking apart large glaciers."

Dex Entry 3: "Wild SYCLANT are fearsome predators. Even in harsh blizzards they can quickly chase down their prey with stunning agility. Should a DELIBIRD find itself near a colony, it would be swarmed almost immediately."

Aren't those Dex Entries a bit contradictory? How can it live alone and in a colony?

Also, No Dex entries for the CAP's after Stratagem or this a Work in Progress?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The Pokedex entries were deemed irrelevant. They add nothing to the competitive aspect of the Pokemon, so they are no longer being produced.

Cap question

Yes, well, hello there. I would like to participate in the Cap project, hanging around the forum for quite some time. I just can't seem to find out how you have to work out everything in a team/ topic etc.

Thanks in advance. :)

Yes, well, hello there. I would like to participate in the Cap project, hanging around the forum for quite some time. I just can't seem to find out how you have to work out everything in a team/ topic etc.

Thanks in advance. :)
Welcome to Smogon and the CAP project! We do not currently have a project, but one will start within a few weeks. In the meantime, I would suggest checking out the rules first, and then the EnCAPlopedia to learn more about the project. If you are intrested in battling with the 8 pokemon already created, check out this in paticular.

Hope to see you in CAP9 and on the CAP Server!

When does the new evolution project start?
The EVO process was never completed, and community interest died off. The process thread has fallen back a few pages, but it may be continued if people regain interest. In the meantime, wwe will be focusing on the plain CAP projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)