Official TPCI Pokemon Tournament 2009 | Congrats to all who participated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same, when it gets to London. I'm having to put myself out just to GET there, given how I'm having to get my dad to book a day off work and drive me the whole length of the country. Seeing as I can't exactly go down to London on a train on my own. I'm only 16 and don't have anyone to go with, 'cause none of my pokémon-playing friends play D/P to a competitive level and most of them don't have it at all. Why re-batteried G/S games have recently become so popular I have no idea.

Entry should be first come first served.
If there are 128 people entered, and then last minute some snotty little turd with his unEVed Empoleon/Garchomp/Staraptor/Bibarel comes late but they let him in anyway, and I get kicked out for him, I'm gonna rage something awful.

has anyone seen or used explosion teams? i'm going to run a Rain Dance team and need to know if i should have damp or water absorb on my quagsire.

im going to phoenix.... hopefully the 5 hour drive isnt a waste.

Even if you don't get picked, it won't be a total waste, since you'll have a good time. :) Obviously if you get to compete that's way better than not, but even though I wasn't picked last week in Fremont, I still had a great time.

For the record, I am going to be most likely wearing a Red Sox hat in Phoenix tomorrow. I'll see some of you there. :)

has anyone seen or used explosion teams? i'm going to run a Rain Dance team and need to know if i should have damp or water absorb on my quagsire.
I won't be attending any of the tournaments, but I can tell you from what I see on PBR. If it can Explode, it probably will. I've even seen a Smeargle blow up once. Don't let 20 base Attack fool you; STAB Explosion hurts! Bring a Ghost or something with Damp.

For a random tip, prepare for Metagross. It's everywhere.

(I play doubles a lot on PBR despite having only singles teams because I always use a theme, which translates surprisingly well to doubles, and I'm making a Hail team. I also need something to do while hatching eggs!)

If anyone wants to meet up with me, I'll be wearing a USMC beanie. My head will probably get hot, so I might take it off.

I'm not scared of Metagross at all, I have a very easy way of eliminating them.

Hey, something pretty important that nobody's mentioned.

Did anyone actually get kicked out for having a cheated-on cartridge?
I haven't heard anything about people being disqualified, so I assume nobody did.

Hey, something pretty important that nobody's mentioned.

Did anyone actually get kicked out for having a cheated-on cartridge?
I haven't heard anything about people being disqualified, so I assume nobody did.
I'm not sure, but if you do have a cheated cartridge, and you somehow have 5 Explorer Kits in your Key Items (I have it on my Pearl, thus, I only used AR on my Pearl as to not get Platinum illegit).

If you don't have anything suspicous, like many Key Items or illegal Pokemon, then you're good to go. The guy there takes your cartridge and just examines it for some time, so he could technically go to the PC and check out if you have an English Arceus or something hacked, they could DQ you. That is, the worst-case scenario.

I have a quick question here; if someone wins at the regionals and go onto nationals, are they allowed to change up their team? Like completely revamp?
EDIT: Thanks sidd. That's awesome then.

I have a quick question here; if someone wins at the regionals and go onto nationals, are they allowed to change up their team? Like completely revamp?
As in, you get 1st/2nd/3rd/4th Place at the regionals, then can you change your team up at St. Louis? Of course you can.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I've got a pretty good Heatran that I might use in the tourney. It's not a starter, but it's still kind of a sweeper, but it's 4X weakness to Ground has me scared. What would be the best item to keep it in the game the longest?

I was thinking a shuca berry or a focus sash...

A shuca berry would halve its 4X weakness to Ground, but with a DEF. and SP.D. of like 100 each (which is "decent"), would that even save me from an Earthpower or Earthquake?)

A focus sash would "ensure" at least 2 turns, but that's about it :?

What do you guys think? Is there a better item than either of those? Is Earthquake (or other ground moves) even that prevelent so far at the qualifyers?

Thanks ^.6

Lucky, its pretty far from my house:toast:

I wonder how many competitive players not from Smogon will be their.
Pray there's not too many random noobs, all the better chance for the good players on Smogon to get picked...

That being said, I'll be pissed if I don't get picked and some noob using Magikarp or some shit gets in.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Pray there's not too many random noobs, all the better chance for the good players on Smogon to get picked...

That being said, I'll be pissed if I don't get picked and some noob using Magikarp or some shit gets in.

T_T ...

for shame, for shame...

never any love for the poor magikarp....

:(

hey, to everyone going i wish you all good luck in both getting in and topping for nationals also have fun guys and rarely girls.lol

I was going to go, but now that I am in the senior division I have to leave my house at 6 to get there at 8. Not going to be there, guys.

Unless any of you can give me a ride LOL

I don't expect to win though.

I sorta half-assed my team in 1 week.

also, I expect most of the random noobs to be in the Junior Division

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!1!!!!

I've finally totally finished my team and transfered them all to Platinum!!!!! Between Platinum and Pearl I've logged like 400 hours JUST PREPPING FOR THIS :P ...man...I need an intervention :P

Unfortunately my DS is still broken, so I can't test battle with anyone yet. I need to return my lil-bros DS. He was soooo nice to let my use it! ^.6

I might pick up PBR this Saturday though and copy them all onto it before I give the DS back so I can still battle on there though!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!

I've finally totally finished my team and transfered them all to Platinum!!!!! Between Platinum and Pearl I've logged like 400 hours JUST PREPPING FOR THIS :P ...man...I need an intervention :P

Unfortunately my DS is still broken, so I can't test battle with anyone yet. I need to return my lil-bros DS. He was soooo nice to let my use it! ^.6

I might pick up PBR this Saturday though and copy them all onto it before I give the DS back so I can still battle on there though!!!

Not jinxing you but, I REALLY hope you get picked or those 400hours are gonna be all too waste :P Good Luck

good luck see ya at nashville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)