Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Okay, I SRed Uxie and Giratina successfully, which are Method J WITHOUT using a Synchronizer. If I HAD, what difference would it have made? What exactly does Synchronizer do in the context of the 'catching perfect legends' process?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Good stuff :) Yep, I have read the same article and am remembering the same thing. When time permits we document the IV creation for wondercards. So what's this net us besides Jirachi?
Movie Darkrai (Spacial Rend, Roar of Time), Movie Regigigas (Iron Head, Icy Wind, Rock Slide), movie Arceus (Spacial Rend, Roar of Time, Shadow Force), movie Pichu (shiny with Endeavor), Modest Pikachu (Surf), PC Tokyo Charmander (Quick Attack), and a lot of other random pokémon, all in Cherish Balls.

Also, it could net us a Korean Mew, but I've heard Korean games have some trading issues...

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Okay, I SRed Uxie and Giratina successfully, which are Method J WITHOUT using a Synchronizer. If I HAD, what difference would it have made? What exactly does Synchronizer do in the context of the 'catching perfect legends' process?
So you could have used a synchronizer and they would have been on different frames.

And there are some spreads that you need a synchronizer to hit.

Thats about it.

Okay, so I've tried twice (yeah, probably not enough, but I still might be doing something wrong) to get a shiny egg.

What I did is this (just in case I made a mistake):

1. Saved in the route above the Resort Area.
2. SR'd and noted the time when I pressed continue.
3. Caught a Pokémon and checked its IVs/nature.
4. Inputted that information into the Seed finder.
5. Chose a reasonable initial seed.
6. Used a low frame.
7. Used fly to get to Solaceon.
8. Did the taps/flips.
9. Went inside, deposited Pokémon and put in my parents.
10. Rode my bike around til the man had the egg.
11. Picked up the egg and hatched it, it wasn't shiny.

EDIT: And yes, I did put my ID and SID in and checked the shiny box.
Hmmm, did you make sure the happiness app wasnt on screen when you flied? And, for that matter, did you also make sure the Happines App wasnt on screen when you saved before you SR?

1. Make sure you are on App #5 before saving.
2. Make sure you leave the app on said app.
3. Catch your pkmn, level it up, etc.
4. When you find the Taps and Flips, do so by switching FIRST to the Happiness App.
5. Then switch to the Coin Flip.
6. Then FLY to the Daycare.
7. Does that sound easy?
8. Make sure you follow this carefully.
12. Have a nice day.

when doing journal flips for a legendary does it have to have "Caught ______" in one of the pages im flipping through?

i dont get the bolded parts

1. Make sure you are on App #5 before saving.
2. Make sure you leave the app on said app.
3. Catch your pkmn, level it up, etc.
4. When you find the Taps and Flips, do so by switching FIRST to the Happiness App.
5. Then switch to the Coin Flip.
6. Then FLY to the Daycare.

2. Leave the the App on App #5
4. First switch to the Happiness checker, then when you're done doing the tapping, switch to the Coin Flip app. BUT DO IT QUICKLY, that way you don't mess up the process.
That better?

Yes, but if you're going for a Shiny offspring with perfect IV's..save in front of the guy so you can reset for them.
HOWEVER, THERE IS NO WI-FI CONNECTION PERMITTED AT ALL DURING THIS PROCESS.
That's why we use Rare Candies.

Yes, but if you're going for a Shiny offspring with perfect IV's..save in front of the guy so you can reset for them.
HOWEVER, THERE IS NO WI-FI CONNECTION PERMITTED AT ALL DURING THIS PROCESS.
That's why we use Rare Candies.
lucky i am going for a shiny tyrogue and when tyrogue has 31 on def attk and sp attk and speed he has 6 stat as lv 1 and 12 HP Means it is 31

Also, it's best to visit the Resort Area or the routes next to the Rest Area for high leveled pkmn. That way you can get higher accurate IV's for the RNG Reporter.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Just a question that popped into my head when thinking about finding seeds and IV's and all that:

Can the knowledge from this thread as to what times and dates create certain IV's for legends be used to create more accurate hack checks? Or is this knowledge being used now, or what?
Reposting because I didn't really get an adequate answer, although it was answered that it would not work for wandering pokemon, as you can edit the date after setting their stats and shininess.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
@ Giratina / Zab - Not 100% sure I understand the question, but I think you are asking if IVs are set at the same time as the PID (which determines shinyness) and if so the answer is no. They are independant of each other. You both might want to give X-Act/Peterko's breeding guide a read as it has a lot of the basics that I don't cover.

@ Das Letter El - Somewhat, but it requires that you KNOW the person was soft resetting so it's not really something that is easy to build in to a hack checker. I do need to make something to roll back through the RNG and give possible seed candidates to expose some of the worse offenders.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Yeah, I didn't think it would be easy by any means, but it seemed to make sense, so thought I might as well ask.

So wait, why would it matter whether or not you know if they were SRing or not? It wouldn't work for random legends you just happen to catch on your first time around?

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If wonder card PIDs are time-based, they're based on some unit smaller than seconds, as I got 4 different natures just now although I made sure the DS clock was the same, down to the second, each time.

Syberia

[custom user title]
God damnit, it seems like every. fucking. NPC. in. Sunnyshore. is advancing my RNG, not just the ones inside the Poke Mart. Thank god for save states.

Syberia

[custom user title]
For now, unless you have access to either a Cyclo DS or an emulator with save states, I would stick to SRing the Flower Paradise Shaymin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 26)