Bronzong@Damp Rock
212 HP / 86 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SpDef / 40 spAtk
Bold Nature
Levitate

Gyro Ball
Stealth Rock
Rain Dance
Charge Beam

I know that Hypnosis would be nice but I need charge beam for Gyras setting me up with taunt.

Toxicroak @ Leftovers
Adamant
Substitute
Focus Punch
Sucker Punch
Rock Slide

Floatzel@Life Orb
232 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def / 16 Spe.
Adamant Nature
Swift Swim

Crunch
Waterfall
Brick Break
Ice Fang

Zapdos @ Damp Rock
Bold Nature
Pressure

Thunder
Rain Dance
Roost
Hidden Power Grass

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Naughty
Swift Swim

Draco Meteor
Waterfall
Ice Beam
Hydro Pump

Lanturn@Leftovers
76 HP / 192 spAtk / 240 SpDef
Modest Nature
Volt Absorb

Signal Beam
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Confuse Ray

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I don't think we can really rate a team without EVs. Teams need EVs to win. Sorry. >.<

Just to tell you, I've made a lot of teams that work great without EVs and I win fairly frequently. On other websites people can help without EVs but I don't see a reason for that not to be able to be done on this site. I heard Smogen was good and could help you any ways around pokemon.

I hope I don't sound angry I'm just surprised.

Ok, I guess I shall help you even though you don't have any EVs listed.

I'll talk about your team in general, and then get into more detail. As far as I'm concerned, you seem to have a pretty big Lucario weakness. It can rip through your team with a boosted Close Combat and Extreme Speed. None of your Pokemon are capable of stopping it. If you want to fix your weakness, I suggest using a Pokemon that is capable of surviving a Close Combat and revenge-kill it with an appropriate move. I will get into this later.

You say that this is a Rain Dance team, but I fail to see how this actually is a Rain Dance team. Usually, a Rain Dance team has at least 2 Rain Dance users and Swift Swimmers, and so far, all I see is Bronzong and Floatzel. This isn't a decent Rain Dance team in my opinion. If you want to make it one, I suggest replacing many of your Pokemon, and like before, I will get into this later.

Now, I'll specifically look at your Pokemon one by one.

Bronzong

I'm not really sure this Bronzong is worth it as a lead. I understand why you have Charge Beam and Flash Cannon, but I honestly think that you should use a different moveset that will help with your team. Try using this (I won't include EVs since you don't seem to want them):

Bronzong @ Damp Rock
Impish
-Rain Dance
-Stealth Rock
-Hypnosis
-Explosion

With this set, you are capable of setting up Rain Dance to keep it up for 8 turns, setting up Stealth Rock, inducing sleep, and using Explosion when it's the right time to let your sweepers take the spotlight.

Parasect

Parasect's moveset is pretty... lame to be honest. Parasect in particular doesn't necessarily "fit in" with a Rain Dance themed team, since it doesn't exactly support you in any way, although it does have a nice 4x resist to Grass and Ground and 2x resist to Electric-type attacks thrown at it, but that's besides the point. If you want to continue using Parasect, by all means go right ahead, I'm not stopping you. But, I would just like to suggest a Pokemon.

Toxicroak @ Leftovers
Adamant
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Sucker Punch
-Stone Edge

Toxicroak can become a real threat in the rain, since it's capable of healing a bonus of 12.5% health per turn, with Leftovers included, that's a massive 18.5%. You desperately need some powerful physical hitters, since all you really have is Floatzel. SubPunch can be a real pain to anyone, so I think you should look into it. You also have a slight chance at stopping Lucario if your at full health, since you can take on a boosted ExtremeSpeed (I think) and attempt to hit it with two Sucker Punches.

Floatzel

Nothing really pops out at me with this guy, so he's good for now.

Exploud

Well, if you want me to be honest, don't use Exploud. It's slow, relatively weak, easily killed, and it isn't really helping you. It's too slow to use Rain Dance successfully. Now, this is when your Lucario weakness drops. I present to you, this:

Zapdos @ Damp Rock
Bold
-Thunder
-Rain Dance
-Roost
-Hidden Power Grass

Zapdos is one of the best Lucario counters, and this will really help you with your Lucario weakness. It's also an excellent Rain Dance supporter. Thunder is really powerful to.

Ampharos

You're in desperate need of a Swift Swimmer, so I suggest you drop Ampharos for one. Zapdos already does Ampharos' job, so I suggest you use this:

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Naughty
Draco Meteor
Waterfall
Ice Beam
Hydro Pump

Kingdra is an awesome mixed sweeper, especially in the rain. Waterfall is your best bet against Blissey, while Hydro Pump takes care of Hippowdon and Skarmory. Ice Beam helps against Salamence, while Draco Meteor is an awesome STAB attack.

Lanturn

If you want to use Lanturn, I suggest you run the full Parafusion set. Use this moveset:

-Thunder Wave
-Confuse Ray
-Surf
-Thunderbolt

It is nice to paralyze your opponents team to open up for your supporters to use Rain Dance, and it could also help Toxicroak to.

Well, I wrote up a crapload of stuff, so I hope you take this into consideration. Good luck.

Thanks that's really helpful! And I feel kinda stupid for not using EVs, it would help alot and it's kinda important. I made some nice EV sets for the current pokemon I have and I'll show you. I'm going to bed now cuz I'm sick but tomorrow I'll try and make some for some of your ideas. Thanks again! =)
Oh, and btw, in case you didn't notice, parasect has dry skin too.
Also, what do you recommend for double battles to explode bronzong without destroying my other poke? should I give the other 1 protect?

Bronzong@Damp Rock
128 sp atk, 128 def, 128 sp def, 126 hp

Parasect@Focus Sash
252 spd, 252 sp atk, 4 hp.

Floatzel@Life Orb
232 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def / 16 Spe

Exploud@Focus Sash

Ampharos@Shell Bell

Lanturn@Leftovers
127 hp, 127 sp atk, 127 sp def, 127 def

This is for doubles? You should really write that in the original post, because that changes everything, and makes it so I can't really rate at all. But as far as the EVs, it looks fine.

For Bronzong, that set really isn't worth using. A wall set would work much better. For a standard wall set with Gyro Ball, SR, Hypnosis, and Explosion, use 252 HP / 86 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SpD. Its messy, but it allows Bronzong to survive Fire Blast from SpecsMence and +speed Heatran; Flamethrower from standard Mixape; take four level 100 seismic tosses (with leftovers); OHKO Gengar with Gyro Ball; and 2HKO standard Tyranitar with Gyro Ball.

For Parasect, the EVs are basically standard, but the main issue I have with it is Parasect's base 30 speed totally stops him from sweeping in any way at all, as his ridiculously low SpA (240 max) will prevent him from doing any OHKOs, which will essentially stop him from doing any damage at all. If you use Spore instead of Energy Ball (which has rather redundant coverage), you could actually get a chance to use that Focus Sash. Then you can either Toxic if you think the opponent will switch, or choose between Bug Buzz and HP Rock, although the damage will be quite meager.

Ugh, I just realized that I'm rating from a singles perspective... I guess I'm wasting your time. I'll leave what I wrote and finish rating the EVs.

Floatzel: I don't understand those at all. Just use 232 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def / 16 Spe. This nets you enough speed to outrun Adamant Heracross without rain, and with rain outrun Timid Scarfgar.

Exploud: Fine.

Ampharos: Fine.

Lanturn: What...? 127 isn't divisible by 4 (simple math much...), making that spread basically useless. As a slight rate-ish point, you might want to just specs it and be done with it. Use 40 HP / 252 SpA / 136 SpD / 80 Spe if you do, otherwise 40 HP / 36 Spe / 192 SpA / 240 SpD. The latter allows you to outspeed base 70s (skarmory) and OHKO most Salamence with Ice Beam (which you NEED to add to this set).

Sorry, for not saying it was for double battles, but I did in the lanturn section. Thanks for all the advice though. Now I just need Kingdra, Zapdos, and Toxicroak's EVs. I'd probably have them if I wasn't so dumb as to say I don't want EVs, =(

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You can't honestly think a team is really competitive without any sort of EVs. Not to mention your descriptions are severly lacking, fix them up and PM me (and hopefully the team has some EVs by then).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)