Revenge of the Chia Pet (OU)

This is a very new team. However, I have used many of the Pokemon in it before. So far I have had a lot of success using this set of Pokemon. I am a player who likes balance and diversity in a team. So, that is what I think you'll find here. Tell me what you think, I am open to any constructive criticism or just a "nice team" comment. And yes, I know that besides Shaymin these Pokemon are very OU.

Team at a glance:

Lead

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 16 SpA / 240 SpD
Nature: Modest
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Overheat

I have always believed that Heatran was a better tank than sweeper. This set really embodies what I think Heatran should be doing. As a lead he is able to take on many of todays common leads. This Heatran is also very helpful during the midgame. I know that there is someone out there who is going to say "you should use ScarfTran". No thanks. I've tried that set and never liked it.

Physical Threat

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- X-Scissor

This Scizor is a bit different than the one that I had been using before. It is more offensive. Featuring more speed and Superpower instead of Roost. Speaking of speed, I gave this Scizor an extra point in speed. This will let him outrun other Scizors using this same strategy. This Scizor makes a great revenge killer and late game sweeper.

Revenge Killer/Special Sweeper

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 66 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Hydro Pump

Rotom-W is a new adition to my team. It is replacing the Scarfed Gengar that I used to use. I decided that increased defenses would be more benificial than increased Sp. Attack and Speed. The speed EVs allow it to outrun any Pokemon with 280 Speed with +1 boost. This Rotom makes a great revenge killed and sweep-stopper. Overall I feel that it is a solid member of my team.

Special Sweeper

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power (Ice)
- Rest

As you may have guessed, Shaymin is the Chia Pet. I have been using this sweeping Shaymin for months now. It has gotten many surprise kills on the likes of Lucario and Salamence. Seed Flare plus Life Orb give Shaymin great power. With okay type coverage it can take on plenty of Pokemon. Good all around stats make Shaymin great for taking hits and hitting back hard. And when I need an extra HP boost Rest is there for me.

Special Wall

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 62 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpA / 176 SpD
Nature: Bold
- Wish
- Ice Beam
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

Ah Blissey, one of the most hated Pokemon in OU. This Blissey features Wish. With allows here to help out other members of the team who are in need of recovery. Her excellent HP and Sp. Defense let her take on just about any Specially based threat. She can also cripple other walls with Toxic, or take on dragons with Ice Beam. Blissey is a solid and hated part of my team.

Physical Sweeper

Kingdra @ Lum Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 24 HP/ 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Yawn

Kingdra has had a large comeback in the recent months, and I can see why. With great typing and good defenses he is very difficult to take down. Good Attack and Speed plus phenominal type coverage make him an excellent sweeper. All this copled with Dragon Dance and you are in for some trouble. Lum Berry lets Kingdra recover after Outrage and makes status users cry. I feel that Kingdra is another key Pokemon on my team.

My team is diverse enough that I don't feel like a threat list is necessary. Plus, Blissey can take on just about any special based threat. If you notice a threat that I overlooked please let me know.

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

Scarfed Gengar you from a lot of bother, would give Shuca Berry to try to surprise the Scarftran that will come you against, and you put Fire Blast on overheat to avoid to go to crisis against a Hyppowdon, you are very weak to Substitute CMRachi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)